Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 08:50 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,511,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They like him.

Just leave it at that. If you don't like it, move to Harlem and vote.

My rep? I don't live in Harlem, and my rep has paid his taxes...at least to my knowledge.

And you don't get 20 years for putting down a bad digit on a tax return.

You have a knack for the "what"..........you still cant tell me "Why" SMH

It's pitiful..........

Live in Harlem?? I'm too smart to let Rangel steal from me.........Naaaah They deserve each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 09:04 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,424,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
What is wrong with the people in Harlem???????
Well, if they thought he wan't representing their interests in one way or the other that works for them, they probably would have voted him out by now. Apparently, he is and they approve.

[he may be a SOB, but he's our SOB...]

Old 06-26-2014, 09:12 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,072,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You have a knack for the "what"..........you still cant tell me "Why" SMH

It's pitiful..........

Live in Harlem?? I'm too smart to let Rangel steal from me.........Naaaah They deserve each other.
If Rangel is stealing, he's stealing from you too, genius.

SMH...use your head.

Nevermind, you couldn't afford to live in Harlem anyway. Forget my suggestion.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:29 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,741,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
This guy has gone a little above and beyond, it seems. But, not my rep so who cares.
He is one of the legislative branch of this nation. You should care.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
He is one of the legislative branch of this nation. You should care.
What about Ann McLane Kuster?

Old 06-26-2014, 09:43 PM

31,705 posts, read 26,631,805 times
Again for the record this election was for a district that covered both Harlem and part of the Bronx. Mr. Rangel did well in the former and was able to good enough in the second to eek out 47%. His opponent OTOH while doing well in the Bronx couldn't pry enough votes out of Harlem to win.

If the Bronx district had a better turnout and or more votes went for his opponent Mr. Rangel would not have won.

IIRC Mr. Rangel is part Hispanic/Latino or some such and used his long time connections to that demographic to reach voters. Older residents especially saw a Congressman who has "delivered" for the district and his opponent has an "upstart". They also can and did conveniently overlook Mr. Rangel's past indiscretions such as tax evasion and those several RS below market apartments.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:46 PM

22,620 posts, read 24,451,643 times
See Marion "beamin up" Barry.............nuff said!

Old 06-26-2014, 11:05 PM

7,438 posts, read 5,703,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The same thing that's wrong with people in your district. You vote for people that put their personal interests ahead of the nation's interests.
No, the people elect those who are the closet to representing their personal value system. In this case, the majority of the folks in Harlem did not consider Rangel's ethic's issues because they have no personal ethic's themselves. Those that do have one and feel it's important to them did not vote for him. Another consideration is the black support. It's widely known that blacks in certain geographical areas will always vote for another black person regardless of that persons ability. We can see that clearly represented by Shelia Lee Jackson and several other black Senators and Representatives.

I am not being totally fair, your statement does apply here because Rangel since the interests of the folks that voted for Charlie are above that of the nation and more geared toward self interests such as free money and someone to take care of them, so you are correct to some degree. You just missed the first part about having no personal ethical boundaries.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:19 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,178,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
No, the people elect those who are the closet to representing their personal value system.
What a convenient (and wrong) metric you pulled out of thin air (or just plain made up) so you could launch a full scale assault on the largely minority voters of Harlem and the Bronx.

To correct you, people elect those who are closest to representing their political ideologies.

Quote:
In this case, the majority of the folks in Harlem did not consider Rangel's ethic's issues because they have no personal ethic's themselves. Those that do have one and feel it's important to them did not vote for him. Another consideration is the black support. It's widely known that blacks in certain geographical areas will always vote for another black person regardless of that persons ability. We can see that clearly represented by Shelia Lee Jackson and several other black Senators and Representatives.
If your first statement was true (and it's not) your racist rant might not be totally out of bounds here. But your first statement seems like a justification you thought up after the fact for the bigotry you were dying to spew.

Quote:
I am not being totally fair
Understatement of the year.

Quote:
your statement does apply here because Rangel since the interests of the folks that voted for Charlie are above that of the nation and more geared toward self interests such as free money and someone to take care of them, so you are correct to some degree. You just missed the first part about having no personal ethical boundaries.

Part II of the racist diatribe. I liked part I better, it was less clunky.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
No, the people elect those who are the closet to representing their personal value system. In this case, the majority of the folks in Harlem did not consider Rangel's ethic's issues because they have no personal ethic's themselves. Those that do have one and feel it's important to them did not vote for him. Another consideration is the black support. It's widely known that blacks in certain geographical areas will always vote for another black person regardless of that persons ability. We can see that clearly represented by Shelia Lee Jackson and several other black Senators and Representatives.

I am not being totally fair, your statement does apply here because Rangel since the interests of the folks that voted for Charlie are above that of the nation and more geared toward self interests such as free money and someone to take care of them, so you are correct to some degree. You just missed the first part about having no personal ethical boundaries.
You don't know a thing about the people in Harlem. All you know is that many of them are black. My goodness...you're from Don Young's state (and district)...a crook if there ever was one. And don't tell me that Alaskans didn't know he was a crook either.

So what does that say about you and your state? Do you all lack ethics up there too? Apparently so.

LMAO...an Alaskan with the nerve to talk about Harlem when they elected Don Young's crooked ass....REPEATEDLY!

Only on CD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies