Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 05:11 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,626,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
If the child was non verbal shouldn't the parents have been watching over it better ? Also, if they had searched the house they would have found the kid because he was there. So obviously no house search was conducted before Robocops evil twin shot the dog.

IMO the parents may as well have shot that dog themselves. Because of their careless parenting they set into motion a sequence of events that led to the death of someone's pet.

There are far too many parents these days who expect the village to do their babysitting for them. Why look for the brat ourselves ? we'll just call the police and make them invade people's private spaces and shoot their pets because we're too effing lazy to search for our own DNA replicant. I can just hear them thinking this and don't even try to tell me no parents would think this way, not in this country the way it is today.

No, they are not innocent in this. Again, if they have the decency to feel badly for what they indirectly caused then they will approach this poor neighbor and offer to make up for it.
No parent, no matter how great they may be can watch their child every second of the day. Yes, they should have conducted a more thorough search before calling the police and reporting their son missing but in no way do they bear any responsibility in the shooting of the dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 05:19 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,733,534 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic
Pissed Off Man Confronts Police After They Shot His Dog
This guy was lucky they didnt shoot him!!!!!

STUPID MURDERING PIGS!!

Old 06-30-2014, 05:22 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,908,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No parent, no matter how great they may be can watch their child every second of the day. Yes, they should have conducted a more thorough search before calling the police and reporting their son missing but in no way do they bear any responsibility in the shooting of the dog.
Which is precisely why they have some of the blood of this dog on their hands. BECAUSE they failed to search top to bottom for the kid. Unless the house was a mansion, in which case the kid would have had an army of nannies watching it, there is no excuse. It was laziness pure & simple.

And again, if they are halfway decent ( which I suspect they are not since they expected the village to search for their child, invade people's private spaces as if it's no big deal to them... did they ever consider the cops would be intruding on other people's homes ? I doubt it) they will come forward and express at least a modicum of regret over what they indirectly caused.

Then hopefully they'll go home and start parenting the little brat better.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:38 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,626,186 times
Quote:
Which is precisely why they have some of the blood of this dog on their hands. BECAUSE they failed to search top to bottom for the kid. Unless the house was a mansion, in which case the kid would have had an army of nannies watching it, there is no excuse. It was laziness pure & simple.

And again, if they are halfway decent ( which I suspect they are not since they expected the village to search for their child, invade people's private spaces as if it's no big deal to them... did they ever consider the cops would be intruding on other people's homes ? I doubt it) they will come forward and express at least a modicum of regret over what they indirectly caused.

Then hopefully they'll go home and start parenting the little brat better.
We will never agree.

The parents called the cops after not being able to find their three year old. They probably called too soon because they probably were panicked and not thinking clearly. Do you have kids or "brats" as you refer to them? I think you're making a lot of unfair assumptions and judgments about his family based on one incident.

Why would a person who calls the police for help assume that the cops will enter a neighbor's property and shoot the neighbors dog as a result of the phone call? Clearly, cops shooting dogs is a problem but I don't think it's quite reached the level where we should assume that anytime we call the cops that a dog will be shot. Thank god. Why not place the blame where the blame lies? Which is squarely on the shoulders of the cop who shot entered the private yard without permission and shot the dog.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:41 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,818,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
We will never agree.

The parents called the cops after not being able to find their three year old. They probably called too soon because they probably were panicked and not thinking clearly. Do you have kids or "brats" as you refer to them? I think you're making a lot of unfair assumptions and judgments about his family based on one incident.

Why would a person who calls the police for help assume that the cops will enter a neighbor's property and shoot the neighbors dog as a result of the phone call? Clearly, cops shooting dogs is a problem but I don't think it's quite reached the level where we should assume that anytime we call the cops that a dog will be shot. Thank god. Why not place the blame where the blame lies? Which is squarely on the shoulders of the cop who shot entered the private yard without permission and shot the dog.
It's hard to shoot a dog in the head without first getting close to it.

I'm wondering if any dog treats were found at the murder scene.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:45 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,908,302 times
I guess we won't agree, but I fail to see what my having children or not has to do with this issue.

And as far as my unfair assumptions go, I would bet I'm pretty dead on going by how most people parent these days.

I can't believe you think these parents owe this poor man nothing, not even an " I'm sorry, we should have searched more carefully before calling the police"

Again, I'm assuming this is a normal sized house and not a mansion. It shouldn't have been THAT hard. If it had been my kid I would have torn that house apart looking.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:52 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,818,112 times
Quote:

I can't believe you think these parents owe this poor man nothing, not even an " I'm sorry, we should have searched more carefully before calling the police"
It's possible that the parents didn't know how cops are today.

They may have just been living in their own little world.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:24 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,884,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
That is one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard. You obviously aren't a dog owner or you'd know just how wrong you are. Dogs and other animals think with every bit as much emotion as any human. They feel happiness, they feel sadness, they experience things like fear and anxiety, they get mad, they get jealous, they have individual personalities.... etc.
As I said dogs don't think like people, people "should" know how to rationalize attacking something, animals do not do this.......dogs either submit or attack in a situation like the one presented.

Dogs make decisions most humans don't understand, they end up getting shot or abused, including by people who think they know dogs.

I have lifetime of experience with dogs and I enjoy my dogs being dogs and NOT human like.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
For someone who claims to own dogs, you sure do not know much about them.

Domesticated dogs do not kill for the purpose of eating, dominance, or "good ole dog fighting." Dogs do indeed have emotions and react accordingly when happy or afraid.
Obviously you never seen domesticated dogs chase rabbits and deer? Have you seen two loving dogs get got up in the chase of a cat? Dog fighting by two dogs who decide they don't like each other on a trail, are you saying you have never owned a dog that enjoyed challenging other dogs? I certainly have my pit/lab like his play buddies, but not other dogs, he was never allowed to be around other dogs without a leash and muzzle at times. Loved people, other dogs was questionable!

When a dog is happy they jump on you, do people do this?

When dogs are mad they attack and bite? Are people to do this?

When dogs are afraid they run. Do people always do this?

"Emotions" you people are borderline fantic comparing dogs emotions to people......whatever!

For someone who claims to own dogs what are they porch dogs? Mine can hunt their own food if needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Seems to me pepper spray would have been enough...
Something I can agree with, very smart choice, that's if the cop was really afraid of a Weimaraner.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
For someone who claims to own dogs, you sure do not know much about them.

Domesticated dogs do not kill for the purpose of eating, dominance, or "good ole dog fighting." Dogs do indeed have emotions and react accordingly when happy or afraid.
Here's some dog sites that better explain human vs animal emotion......

Dogs and Human Emotions

While dogs do possess emotions, they are not as complex as a human's. Dogs do, however, feel the emotions coming from humans. They feel our emotions as energy radiating from our bodies. The dog knows if you are sad, nervous, stressed, happy, calm, strong-minded, confident, passive, anxious, hyper, meek, etc. However, what we all need to understand is, a dog does not read negative energy coming from a human in the true meaning of the emotion. The dog simply reads negative energy as weakness and reacts accordingly. It is a natural instinct for a dog to have an order in their pack. When we humans live with dogs, we become their pack. The entire pack cooperates under a single leader. Lines are clearly defined and rules are set. Because a dog communicates displeasure with growling and eventually biting, all other humans MUST be higher up in the order than the dog; the humans must be the ones making the decisions, not the dogs. That is the only way your relationship with your dog can be a complete success.

Human to Dog No-No’s: What NOT to do with your dog
Ever since I came to really understand natural dog behavior I could not help but take notice of the way people interact with the dogs around them. More often than not, the communication between the canine animal and the human is not in sync. Knowing people do not want to hear random dog advice from a stranger I started wishing I was not seeing the interaction because it is hard to watch and not help out. I decided to write down what I see in hopes of helping others out there understand how to communicate with their canines.

Which Emotions Do Dogs Actually Experience? | Psychology Today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies