Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 02:39 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Considering the humans I have met, dogs are by far more worthy. I would not harm a COP who shot a dog, I would go after their family instead. To let them know what it is like to lose a loved one. Since they get their rocks off on the suffering of others, let them suffer for the rest of their pathetic life. That is justice.
You would be willing to go to jail over an animal with an extremely limited ability to think? That's interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 03:23 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Most cops are entitled, authoritarian scum who are drawn to the position for no other reason than the power it gives them over everyone else.

Nothing new here.

Sure, there are some good ones, but they are the exception, not the rule.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:25 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Yes I would be upset, but I would not act like a disrespectful whiny idiot. The man should have calmly asked what happened, and then asked for the officers name. Then he should have went to the police station and talked to high ranking police officers. And if that did not work he should have talked to the police chief.

Police officers are here to enforce our laws and keep our families safe. And I honestly can't see how anyone could believe that kind of disrespect to our law enforcement officers is acceptable.
You strike me as a cop yourself, it's just perceptible to me in your writing style..... You know, that attitude that seems to be inherent in most cops that they are there to lord over everyone else and that sense of entitlement that they should be "respected" for no other reason than the fact that they wear a shiny piece of metal on their shirt, and if they don't get the respect they zealously crave? Oh boy, there WILL be consequences, i.e. "those cops should have beaten that dog owner"... You said that, not me. That machismo that most cops seem to emanate i.e. "those cops were bigger wimps than European police"..... Again, your words. That belief that they ARE the law, not merely enforcers of it and they can change the rules when they feel necessary i.e. "Police often need to enter properties instantly to carry out their duties"

I'd bet money you're a cop.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 06-29-2014 at 03:37 AM..

Old 06-29-2014, 04:42 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Is there any taser load for a dog? How about a sedative loaded treat? Wild game researchers have rifles that fire sedative darts that can knock out a rhino.

There's a need to be resolved. How can it be addressed?

Old 06-29-2014, 06:02 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
What gave the cop the right to enter into a fenced back yard without informing the owner? Dogs are territorial. If the cop had spoken to the owner first, the dog could have been taken inside, or controlled. We aren't talking about a rabid, vicious dog on the loose. We are talking about someone's pet who was in his own fenced in yard and saw the cop as an dangerous intruder. A stupid mistake made by a stupid cop.

If someone shot one of my dogs, you'd better believe I would speak to him in a "disrespectful" way....a trigger happy dog murdering cop is not deserving of of my respect.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:02 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
You would be willing to go to jail over an animal with an extremely limited ability to think? That's interesting.
I would be willing, gladly. They are more honorable, loyal, and trustworthy than any human. As such, I value their lives far more. The real question you should be asking is whether the COP is willing to lose everything he loves just so he can get his rocks off by killing my dogs.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:52 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Is there any taser load for a dog? How about a sedative loaded treat? Wild game researchers have rifles that fire sedative darts that can knock out a rhino.

There's a need to be resolved. How can it be addressed?

by this by us speaking out and by cops who do this **** held accountable!!!

Old 06-29-2014, 07:09 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Yes I would be upset, but I would not act like a disrespectful whiny idiot. The man should have calmly asked what happened, and then asked for the officers name. Then he should have went to the police station and talked to high ranking police officers. And if that did not work he should have talked to the police chief.

Police officers are here to enforce our laws and keep our families safe. And I honestly can't see how anyone could believe that kind of disrespect to our law enforcement officers is acceptable.
You seem to forget, police are civil servants, not the other way around.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:13 AM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
This occurred in my local area. It's getting a ton of coverage here. People are pissed, genuinely pissed! Some worthless parent lost track of their kid in their own house, Mr cop thinks the kid is in this guy's backyard for some reason, enters it and finds the dog there. Rather than go back out the gate, or taze it, he shoots it dead in the owner's yard while the guy isn't home. This cop showed a severe lack of judgement on several levels, and yet he carries a gun! How do the rest of us get through daily life without shooting dogs, yet not a week goes by that cops aren't killing them? They perceive everything as a deadly threat. Well, it's apparent they themselves are the deadliest threat walking our streets.
Because the rest of us don't HAVE to enter other people's property without their permission. The rest of us don't HAVE to approach the dog's owner in a manner that the owner or dog might perceive as threatening. If we are concerned a dog might attack us we can just walk away - the police can't.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:17 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,283 times
Quote:
Everyone makes mistakes. Like doctors and nurses killing 100,000's of people a year with medical mistakes. Or airplane pilots making mistakes and killing their passengers. Or careless drivers killing 1,000's of people a year. And since police officers are (human beings) they also make mistakes.

The police officer was looking for a missing child, and he thought the child was in that backyard. The police officer was concerned for the safety of a child, and he killed a dog to carry out his duties.

Police officers need to kill dogs sometimes, and if you ever saw a video of dogs killing a person you would understand why. Police often need to enter properties instantly to carry out their duties, and when the choice comes to choose a humans life or a dogs life, the police choose to save the human life.

I love dogs more than most, but I would shoot any dog in the quest to save a child's life.
I would have just maced the dog if I really had to go through the yard. The idiot that shot this dog has no business having a firearm. The cops that were on the scene could have easily defused the situation by showing the owner an ounce of sympathy and admitting that a terrible accident had occurred, instead of defending the actions of their partner and being total *****holes about it.

That cop shot that dog because he wanted to shoot something, not because he was threatened by it. He shot it in the head, which means it most likely dropped instantly. The dog's body was in the middle of that yard, so I find it hard to believe the thing attacked him. It was probably barking and posturing up at the cop when he entered the yard, and instead of pulling out his mace in case the dog tried to bite and continuing to walk through the yard, the cop open fired on someones pet. This world has no place for people that are cruel to animals. I hope the guy gets fired, and his face is plastered on FB, so he becomes famous for being a giant DB.

Last edited by lucky4life; 06-29-2014 at 07:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies