Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2014, 02:58 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile, in Indianapolis, people are scared to enjoy the area's trendiest neighborhood because Indiana's lax gun laws has been encouraging shootouts there.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Meanwhile, in Indianapolis, people are scared to enjoy the area's trendiest neighborhood because Indiana's lax gun laws has been encouraging shootouts there.
I doubt it's the gun laws that are responsible for shootouts in a particular neighborhood. If it's considered "trendy", that often means it's a marginal neighborhood full of poor non-whites. White liberals often believe it's cool and exciting to hang out in these types of places. It's makes them feel enlightened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
how come when there are shootings and violence in Chicago everyone assumes it's just blacks doing the killing?
Because...

"Young black men murder 14 times more than young white men."

Don’t Ignore Race in Christopher Lane’s Murder | TIME.com

Old 07-06-2014, 04:05 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I doubt it's the gun laws that are responsible for shootouts in a particular neighborhood. If it's considered "trendy", that often means it's a marginal neighborhood full of poor non-whites. White liberals often believe it's cool and exciting to hang out in these types of places. It's makes them feel enlightened.

Because...

As bad as Christopher Lane's murder was, Whites and Asians are the least likely to be murder victims in this country. Blacks, however, do the vast majority of their killing at other Blacks. Black men killing other Black men. If anyone in this country has the most reason to be concerned about their own safety, it's young Black men. I notice you only have concern when Blacks are committing murder or when non-Blacks get killed. However, you don't care if Blacks get killed, and that is the segment of the population getting killed the most.

And you never answered my last questions in my last post regarding Blacks looking for safety and "inhumane" measures you were talking about.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:12 PM

Making stricter gun laws isn't going to really make the murder rate go down. A better question is this. Why do people commit murder at all?

Old 07-06-2014, 04:16 PM

Murder has been taking place in Texas too.

Three found dead in home in apparent murder-suicide - San Antonio Express-News

Old 07-06-2014, 04:23 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Because...

The weird part is that once these diversity loving "hipsters" thinks about starting a family, they immediately run for suburbia for "good" schools.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
As bad as Christopher Lane's murder was, Whites and Asians are the least likely to be murder victims in this country. Blacks, however, do the vast majority of their killing at other Blacks. Black men killing other Black men. If anyone in this country has the most reason to be concerned about their own safety, it's young Black men. I notice you only have concern when Blacks are committing murder or when non-Blacks get killed. However, you don't care if Blacks get killed, and that is the segment of the population getting killed the most.

And you never answered my last questions in my last post regarding Blacks looking for safety and "inhumane" measures you were talking about.
That's strange, obama told us that the greatest danger to young black men was the racism of whites!

Old 07-06-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That's strange, obama told us that the greatest danger to young black men was the racism of whites!
What does President Obama have to do with this? We are not talking about the President, so leave the President, and every other President, out of this.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:27 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
4 Dead, 19 Wounded in Rash of Shootings in NYC | NBC New York

1 Dead, 35 Wounded In Weekend Shootings Across Chicago « CBS Chicago

Why do these overwhelmingly liberal, blue Democratic Obama supporters kill and kill some more, and why do these Democrats occupy over 95% of prisons?

Bush's fault?
In areas in which there are strict gun control laws, yet!

Old 07-06-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Whether I found two Black towns or 100, can you refute anything I've said?

Actually, I really don't care what point you were trying to convey. My point was to show something very flawed. Have you asked WHY so many predominantly Black areas have so many problems? Have you ever asked why Bowie and Missouri City DON'T have problems? I'm trying to get you to think critically, as I do.
In order to think critically, one has to be intellectually honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies