Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2014, 03:11 PM

112 posts, read 92,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysda View Post
Why in the world should I pay because some woman can't control her appetite for sex. That's her problem and she is responsible for whatever are the results; therefore, she can pay the price. Government needs to stay out of the bedroom.
You must suffer from a lack of reading comprehension. In her case, it has nothing to do with sex. If she had no sex, ever, she would still need it. On the flip side, should they cover boner pills, or should that be all on the guy? Because they do cover that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 03:12 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysda View Post
Why in the world should I pay because some woman can't control her appetite for sex. That's her problem and she is responsible for whatever are the results; therefore, she can pay the price. Government needs to stay out of the bedroom.
Last I checked, if it's only women having sex, then there's no need for birth control. It's when MEN have sex with women that the need arises.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:14 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisblues1986 View Post
She could, sure, but coming out of pocket for $600 isn't something everyone can do guy, especially hobby lobby employees. Despite what is said on this thread, most of their employees, who aren't managers, only make about $9-$10/hr.
That isn't what is said in this thread. I started it, I've read it. $600 is the entire shebang. That includes the check up that Hobby Lobby covers. It is then good for 5-12 years. So you wouldn't come up with the $25-$50 a year this costs?

Quote:
You said my wife should do that or come out of pocket for $600 for a legitimate health problem, while you are perfectly fine with them paying for boner pills. It's stupid. Maybe review this site, maybe you will realize what hypocrites these people really are. It's not about religion, it's about saving money.
I didn't say I was "fine" with any of it. Am I "fine" with the KKK having a rally in the city park? No but it is their constitutionally protected right. Rights are not determined on whether or not I'm "fine" with them. I also have no clue what Hobby Lobby's insurance covers. I imagine you don't either.

Even hypocrites have 1st amendment rights.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:15 PM

262 posts, read 155,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Last I checked, if it's only women having sex, then there's no need for birth control. It's when MEN have sex with women that the need arises.
Women have the control power. It's that simple and always has been. Only rape is different and in that case, IMHO, the man should be castrated...problem will not happen again!

Old 07-01-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
THEN DON'T WORK FOR THEM... it's that simple! morons.
Really, I never thought of that. I must bow to your superior genius....

You don't have to, but someone has to or they close. As long as they pay and have business, someone will work there. Why should they be subject to his beliefs (which is b.s., read the link.I posted) if it could effect their health?

Old 07-01-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Many women use IUD's because they can't use other forms of birth control.
Exactly, but the right will never heard that because Fox news didn't tell them.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
But someone has to, and they shouldn't have the owners beliefs shoved down their throats when it comes to their health.
How many times does it have to be pointed out to you that you are free to make whatever choice you desire?

Quote:
Wanna have bible verses everywhere? Closed on Sunday? Who cares, but the beliefs of the owner shouldn't trump the health of their employees. Some women need to have the IUD and would have to come out of pocket for it if they work there, simply because the owner wants to save some money himself, and hide behind religious beliefs. Read the link I posted, it isn't about religious beliefs.
you want to make him go against his beliefs and pay for it. You have a right to your beliefs here. You do not have a right for others to finance those beliefs.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That isn't what is said in this thread. I started it, I've read it. $600 is the entire shebang. That includes the check up that Hobby Lobby covers. It is then good for 5-12 years. So you wouldn't come up with the $25-$50 a year this costs?

I didn't say I was "fine" with any of it. Am I "fine" with the KKK having a rally in the city park? No but it is their constitutionally protected right. Rights are not determined on whether or not I'm "fine" with them. I also have no clue what Hobby Lobby's insurance covers. I imagine you don't either.

Even hypocrites have 1st amendment rights.
So you have no problem with them using religion as an excuse to cut insurance to women, but then proving they don't actually care by investing in the companies? That's fraud in my book, and I'm not okay with that. I guess the religious right is fine with it when it helps them huh?

Old 07-01-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Exactly, but the right will never heard that because Fox news didn't tell them.
And they still can.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
So you have no problem with them using religion as an excuse to cut insurance to women, but then proving they don't actually care by investing in the companies? That's fraud in my book, and I'm not okay with that. I guess the religious right is fine with it when it helps them huh?
We should make something else clear. They never were providing this benefit. They are not cutting anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies