Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:31 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Have you checked your mattress for listening devices? You might be under surveillance!

Seriously though,
What happened with Glen Becks discovery of FEMA death camps?
Where is the army of Obama operatives going door to door to take weapons?
Have you been audited by the IRS as part of a dirty tricks campaign?
Has the UN taken over control of your city yet?
Have you seen military vehicles on the roads in preparation for a coup?
Has anyone ever been a victim of fluoridation?
Do you have a communist political officer approving your travel from one town to the next?
Do you have to show papers to enter a market?

Just a few of the many questions no one seems to ask...
This response is in it's totality what's fundamentally wrong with America today. We are so polarized that we immediately respond to opinions other than our own with calling them "crazy". Christinerica, do you hate the person for what they said here? Or is it a case of you looking down upon them because you feel you're better than they are for the views you have? Just so you know, if you gladly would provide which party you vote for, I'd be happy to provide you with 50+ conspiracy theories that your party believes in as well.

Until both sides can come to a middle ground, and until we can stop listening to the media, extremists, and hard-liners, this hatred for the opposing views will grow with the end result being another Civil War.

It's time for us to start acting like adults in this country, it's time for real leadership to look past the party lines, and to bring us together before it's too late. Stop feeling that your side is the only side that's right and realize that more is accomplished using your two ears than shouting with your one mouth.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:41 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
This response is in it's totality what's fundamentally wrong with America today. We are so polarized that we immediately respond to opinions other than our own with calling them "crazy". Christinerica, do you hate the person for what they said here? Or is it a case of you looking down upon them because you feel you're better than they are for the views you have? Just so you know, if you gladly would provide which party you vote for, I'd be happy to provide you with 50+ conspiracy theories that your party believes in as well.

Until both sides can come to a middle ground, and until we can stop listening to the media, extremists, and hard-liners, this hatred for the opposing views will grow with the end result being another Civil War.

It's time for us to start acting like adults in this country, it's time for real leadership to look past the party lines, and to bring us together before it's too late. Stop feeling that your side is the only side that's right and realize that more is accomplished using your two ears than shouting with your one mouth.
Pfft, when Conservatives get beaten on debate points they back up and cry like this here. Your party constantly overlooks real issues and offers paranoid, non realities instead.

And then you threaten another civil war; we already fought one to get rid of the selfish agenda coming from backward people in states like South Carolina.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:57 AM

534 posts, read 904,893 times
"It's time for us to start acting like adults in this country, it's time for real leadership to look past the party lines, and to bring us together before it's too late. Stop feeling that your side is the only side that's right and realize that more is accomplished using your two ears than shouting with your one mouth."

How do we accomplish that when we have dedicated media selling crazed conspiracies. When will both sides turn off the TV's and meet to actually listen to the other?

As far as carrying guns in the open, it seems to me to be the equivalent of a person with a colostomy bag going to a fine restaurant with the colostomy bag in full view of everyone. It would serve no purpose except to sicken most and allow the colostomy patient to decree his right to open carry a colostomy bag in plain view despite what any one else would feel. What's worse is the colostomy bag couldn't harm anyone, yet a open carried weapon is designed to kill.

Carry your guns covered like those with colostomy bags do, cause it's the right thing to do.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:00 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
What do two domestic terrorists who used a bomb have to do with guns and gun free zones?
Absolutely nothing.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Christinerica dreams of living in this utopia where there are laws that nobody is allowed to have guns. Of course the criminals don't obey the law so now what does she do?
Have all the guns you want, just keep it to yourself. I don't need to see the general public carried assault weapons designed to kill into a child clothing store.

I have a gun, keep it at home, never felt threatened enough to take it to a store to buy milk. Why should you?

Old 07-03-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Absolutely nothing.
Oh I disagree, the terrorist and the open carry proponent are closely related. They both have the so desire and potential to use use their preferred weapon choice to kill.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:04 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Have all the guns you want, just keep it to yourself. I don't need to see the general public carried assault weapons designed to kill into a child clothing store.

I have a gun, keep it at home, never felt threatened enough to tale it to a store to buy milk. Why should you?
I carry and it is concealed. If I want to carry while buying my milk I will. You need to get over yourself and your feeling of superiority.

Also, when have you seen somebody carrying an assault weapon in a child clothing store?

Old 07-03-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I carry and it is concealed. If I want to carry while buying my milk I will. You need to get over yourself and your feeling of superiority.

Also, when have you seen somebody carrying an assault weapon in a child clothing store?
Seems that target sells children's clothing.
Carry concealed all you want, leave the assault weapons home.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:08 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Oh I disagree, the terrorist and the open carry proponent are closely related. They both have the so desire and potential to use use their preferred weapon choice to kill.
What's the difference between some one who open carry's(legally) and some one to conceal carry's(legally)?
Why is some one who open carry's choose to kill, but some one who cc's doesn't?

Old 07-03-2014, 07:09 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Quote:
Ahhh ok, so it's your conclusion that these open carriers WANT to kill people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies