Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2014, 11:47 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Wow, I didn't realize you were a moron. I thought you were just misinformed.

First, the word "consistent" is incorrect. Democrats don't "consistently" have lower deficits, debt, and spending. Obama has the largest debt deficit, and spending in US history. Let us not even forget places like California, Detroit, Cleveland, etc.

As for the second graphic, it is about as misleading as any graphic can ever be.

It talks about deficit growth. But its point of reference is based on an anomalous year, where tax revenue collapsed because of the recession, and Bush passed the bailout(which Obama supported).

If you subtract that one year, Bush's largest deficit was about 1/3rd the size of Obama's largest deficit. But even that is unfair, since Obama's worst year was also related to the bailouts.

With that said, I wasn't trying to take a side. I think both Republicans and Democrats are scumbags. If there is any difference in quality between them at all, it is unnoticeable to anyone who isn't a partisan hack.
GW Bush handed Obama a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit.
U.S. Budget Deficit Hit Record $1.4 Trillion in 2009 | Fox News

And Obama has brought down the deficit to $492 billion dollars.
U.S. Deficit Cut by Almost One-Third to $492 Billion: CBO - Bloomberg

Obama has brought down our deficits by $1 trillion dollars.

Remember Bill Clinton had a balanced budget (that means no deficit.) But then GW Bush turned it into huge deficits, and Reagan did the same thing to Carter.
http://www.skymachines.com/US-Nation...ental-Term.htm

Last edited by chad3; 07-06-2014 at 12:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 09:55 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
The President of the United States serves a four year term beginning on January 20th (since FDR, previously, it began on March 4th) and ending exactly four years later on January 20th. After winning the majority of the electoral votes in the 2012 election, Obama was sworn in for his second four-year term on January 20th, 2013 and will leave office on January 20th, 2017.
A fun statistic: Obama has served, as of today, just under 2,000 days in office. This is more than Lyndon B. Johnson, William McKinley, Abraham Lincoln, and many others. In about a month or so Obama will have been in the White House than Richard M. Nixon. The president who occupied the White House was Franklin D. Roosevelt, of course. The shortest term in office goes to William Henry Harrison, who died just 31 days after he took the oath of office.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:01 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
Why is Barack Obama Still President ?

According to a recent poll, Obama is the worse President we have had since WWI. Look at the comments attached to any story online about Obama and the remarks posted imply that most of America do not approve of Obama and want to see him removed from office. The people who approve and support Obama seem to be in the minority.

Yet, nothing is ever done to remove Obama from office. The Senate and House has done nothing. Can they do this ? Should they do this ?

Is Obama really that bad of a president ? Personally, I don't like the guy, and wish he would remove himself from office and let someone else be president. I think he is putting his own ideals ahead of what is good for America, I think he does not care about the middle class, and I don't think he cares about the constitution and what it stands for.

I am a Vietnam Veteran. My family has been in America since the early 1800's (as far as we can tell). This is not the America I went to war for in Vietnam. The 1% is getting bigger, the middle class is getting smaller, health cost is going up, the country is being flooded with uneducated, unskilled people from other countries, and our Southern border is largely unsecure. Our Southern border has been open for decades, yet nothing has been done to stop the illegals from coming onto American soil. It can be done, but has not.
Yes was elected. I truly hope insane conservatives attempt to impeach President Obama based on poll results or any of the other insane points in your posts.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:07 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Adorable my .... Obama had to LIE and his re-election team LIED and demonized. Then there is the IRS to silence his opponents. His speeches were singing to the victim mentality and attacking Americans. Nothing positive. And this is who represents people like you?

Obama is nothing to be proud of if he had to use those tactics to win..
You're right. He should have bought the election fair and square like Bush did in 2000.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:21 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
A fun statistic: Obama has served, as of today, just under 2,000 days in office. This is more than Lyndon B. Johnson, William McKinley, Abraham Lincoln, and many others. In about a month or so Obama will have been in the White House than Richard M. Nixon. The president who occupied the White House was Franklin D. Roosevelt, of course. The shortest term in office goes to William Henry Harrison, who died just 31 days after he took the oath of office.
I think Lincoln would have wanted to serve longer if he could have. Harrison actually never made it to the White House, he died before moving in.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:37 AM

7,500 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So . . congratulations on being the first to play the race card in this thread. I never want to hear one right winger complaining about a Democrat playing the race card
Sadly the OP was correct. He would not have been elected if he wasn't black. He has absolutely no qualifications or expierience. Had he been white and vetted he would have been laughed off the stage with his Telepromter. I'm sure his impeachment or lack there of hinges, at least to some degree, on his skin color as well.

Let's hope the great racial experiment was a learning lesson for voters and we look at a persons qualifications moving forward.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:39 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,796 times
I ask myself this same question all the time. The Obama administration has been involved in so many scandals it's insane! But the mainstream media and the Obama Loyalists have gone to great lengths to try and cover everything up. Such as when Benghazi first broke, the mainstream media was completely silent on it and the Obama Loyalists were saying "that's just a myth, it never happened" but then it became too big to remain under the rug so what did they do? They try to shift the focus to something completely unrelated like gay marriage or some other stupid distraction "issue." They did the same with the VA Scandal, they did the same with the border crisis, and they are going to do the same with everything else until 2016.

I have never seen a group so die hard over a President before, they act like he is their King and they will fight to the bitter end for him.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:19 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I ask myself this same question all the time. The Obama administration has been involved in so many scandals it's insane! But the mainstream media and the Obama Loyalists have gone to great lengths to try and cover everything up. Such as when Benghazi first broke, the mainstream media was completely silent on it and the Obama Loyalists were saying "that's just a myth, it never happened" but then it became too big to remain under the rug so what did they do? They try to shift the focus to something completely unrelated like gay marriage or some other stupid distraction "issue." They did the same with the VA Scandal, they did the same with the border crisis, and they are going to do the same with everything else until 2016.

I have never seen a group so die hard over a President before, they act like he is their King and they will fight to the bitter end for him.
The press not only did not vet Obama.....they hid things.

That raises the question..."is it the press's job to vet"???

Maybe not.....but, they sure went to the extreme vetting Obama's opponents.

Good grief......the press went though the trash of Palin's hair dresser.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:49 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Sadly the OP was correct. He would not have been elected if he wasn't black. He has absolutely no qualifications or expierience. Had he been white and vetted he would have been laughed off the stage with his Telepromter. I'm sure his impeachment or lack there of hinges, at least to some degree, on his skin color as well.

Let's hope the great racial experiment was a learning lesson for voters and we look at a persons qualifications moving forward.
Do tell - what was the racial experiment of the George W. Bush years? Because certainly his presidency was nothing but a colassal failure 4500 times the magnitude of Obama's failures.

Do you suppose that was because he was white?

I think it might be.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:51 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post

Not to worry. In two years, we will have a Queen. You can just refer to her as Queen Bee Hilary.

Everything will be all better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies