Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 10:47 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,354,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
because military are discipline , honor, order. well cops are crooked, disceapale and downright dishonest.
Oh my! I didn't realize that. I spent eight years in the military and then became a cop. I didn't realize that I did a complete about face in the transission. Thank you for pointing that out to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 10:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,687,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Oh my! I didn't realize that. I spent eight years in the military and then became a cop. I didn't realize that I did a complete about face in the transission. Thank you for pointing that out to me!
well there you go, you learned something today.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:03 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,354,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well there you go, you learned something today.
Makes my day!

Old 07-05-2014, 11:18 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,785,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymeatball View Post
What's the difference really? American troops are just the global cops. It seems perfectly politically correct to hate the police or even doctors but if you ever suggest that a soldier is anything short of a hero worthy of lavish adoration people think you're a horrible person or a traitor.
I'm going to assume that you actually want answer to this and aren't simply using the question as a means to spout off your opinion on the matter.

The US military on the whole may be called "the world police," but it's really not. How many US soldiers are walking around Hong Kong, Russia, Venezuela, the Maldives, Papua New Guinea, Egypt, etc as a police force? None...

How many US soldiers who are stationed in Japan, Korea, Germany, etc patrol the streets instituting US law? None...

Most people in the military sit there on a ship, or repair engines on a base, or do other non-combat activities for most of their time in the military. Up until Iraq, the vast bulk of our military hadn't actually seen combat for a generation. They don't go around the globe, beating the hell out of random people and forcing them to abide by American laws, pay American fines, etc.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:53 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,939,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
People who kill for patriotic delusions are the lowest form of life.
That is what folks have killed for in wars for thousands of years. I guess you are better? Go hide and they will kill you next. Just unreal what some think.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:55 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,939,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I'm going to assume that you actually want answer to this and aren't simply using the question as a means to spout off your opinion on the matter.

The US military on the whole may be called "the world police," but it's really not. How many US soldiers are walking around Hong Kong, Russia, Venezuela, the Maldives, Papua New Guinea, Egypt, etc as a police force? None...

How many US soldiers who are stationed in Japan, Korea, Germany, etc patrol the streets instituting US law? None...

Most people in the military sit there on a ship, or repair engines on a base, or do other non-combat activities for most of their time in the military. Up until Iraq, the vast bulk of our military hadn't actually seen combat for a generation. They don't go around the globe, beating the hell out of random people and forcing them to abide by American laws, pay American fines, etc.
You are correct. If we, the US, were this imperialist force we would be taking over countries like France and England did. We aren't. Some want to bray though.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:46 AM

38,610 posts, read 26,260,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
According to which liberals? "The liberals" are not one monolithic group. Do you folks ever get tired of making blanket, generalized statements like this? Unless you can actually cite a source which shows the majority of liberals actually believe the nonsense you just posted, then you're doing nothing more than blowing smoke and stating your very biased opinion, or regurgitating some foolishness you heard about "the liberals." Independent thought is a beautiful thing.

"you folks"?

Old 07-06-2014, 12:50 AM

38,610 posts, read 26,260,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Posted by someone who has obviously never served in the military, or has any clue what the military is about.

Spicymeatball needs to join an infantry unit and sit in a hole for a couples days.

It won't take long for the differences between serving in the military and law enforcement to become crystal clear.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:58 AM

29,450 posts, read 16,363,003 times
A political thread is never a place to have a real discussion on issues, it at least that is what it seems like based on this thread.

The way i read the OP was, " Police and military both put their lives on the line. There are corrupt cops as well as corrupt people in the military, and yet its ok to criticize one, but not the other. "

Some of you heard that as " F#^$ both of them" and decided you were going to attack the OP instead of actually posting a response to the question.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:53 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,370,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Spicymeatball needs to join an infantry unit and sit in a hole for a couples days.

It won't take long for the differences between serving in the military and law enforcement to become crystal clear.
LOL! I would not hold my breath if I were you.

The chief difference between the military and law enforcement is that law enforcement is unionized, and the military is not. Which, naturally, makes the military far superior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies