Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 09:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Like the prev poster said it happens here everyday and nobody gives a rip. Why do you now?

You don't know what he was doing to get that beating either. Maybe he was beating too? I guess that doesn't matter. I don't like to see anybody taken to task but sometimes they do need to be............but the media blows it up to get folks wound out. Folks getting killed in Benghazi........eh who cares. Youtube video........
You assume I never did? Benghazi has nothing to do with this. I don't like cops beating up handcuffed people here or anywhere else. Israel gets billions in aid from us, the least they can do is treat our citizens with a little respect. Israel was able to defeat multiple Arab attacks because the USA meaning the American people saw to it. How many US citizens does Israel get to kill or beat before we hold them accountable. Would you be so forgiving if the beating was done by the Iranian police or the Palestinian police? I wouldn't be. I would be demanding more than a clucking tongue from our state department.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Most cops are good guys............I went to high school with the police chief. No obsession...........common sense.
Agreed. Most are descent guys. But some are questionable and some are down right A-holes. You don't let the bad cops off because some are good. Cops are paid to be an example. It is there job to be the example.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
My point is you don't even know why they tackled that kid in the first place do you? Lot of these dumb kids are joining the terrorists to do bad things. I guess that doesn't matter to you? Let's see the entire story.......of course I doubt it ever comes out.

What do you mean............all the state dept does is cluck their tongue.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Agreed. Most are descent guys. But some are questionable and some are down right A-holes. You don't let the bad cops off because some are good. Cops are paid to be an example. It is there job to be the example.
Well they aren't setting a great one I'll say that. Have become tax collectors anymore instead of fighting criminals. That is what they are told to do though. Yes there are some A holes too............dealt with a few myself. That badge gives em power they don't have.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Only reason this is all over the news is liberals love the Pal's.............and hate Israel. Just another "pivot".
So you are deflecting.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:16 PM

No I'm telling you how I see it.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:18 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times
Quote:
My point is you don't even know why they tackled that kid in the first place do you? Lot of these dumb kids are joining the terrorists to do bad things. I guess that doesn't matter to you? Let's see the entire story.......of course I doubt it ever comes out.

The State Dept does a lot more than cluck their tongue but I know how small your world view is.

As for this particular case, the USG is doing exactly what they should. They should say something as they have before, in the past, when a US citizen has had an issue abroad. I know it's big fun to poo-poo the government and all but people could do with a good dose of sense on this issue. When you get your butt in trouble abroad, whether it was your fault or not, the USG will go to great lengths for you, to protect and help you as a US citizen.

They're doing the right thing here, as they have before. So can we stop with the historonics, the fanwanking about Benghazi and whining like a gaggle of schoolchildren about nonsense and once in awhile admit when they actually do the right thing? It happens rarely enough that it is worth noting when it does.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:18 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
No I'm telling you how I see it.
I know that you don't agree with any police force beating a 15 year old child while on the ground handcuffed; the video is clear and what happened before makes absolutely no difference.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:

In this case one cop kneels on the handcuffed youths back while the other kicks, stomps and punches the helpless teen. There is absolutely no excuse for this behavior. No justification.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/05/world/...ten/index.html
http://www.mediaite.com/online/ameri...border-patrol/
A picture says a lot, a video says even more.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
The State Dept does a lot more than cluck their tongue but I know how small your world view is.

As for this particular case, the USG is doing exactly what they should. They should say something as they have before, in the past, when a US citizen has had an issue abroad. I know it's big fun to poo-poo the government and all but people could do with a good dose of sense on this issue. When you get your butt in trouble abroad, whether it was your fault or not, the USG will go to great lengths for you, to protect and help you as a US citizen.

They're doing the right thing here, as they have before. So can we stop with the historonics, the fanwanking about Benghazi and whining like a gaggle of schoolchildren about nonsense and once in awhile admit when they actually do the right thing? It happens rarely enough that it is worth noting when it does.
Sure they are. Unless it was your kid, or it was a government we don't agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies