Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 11:53 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times

Advertisements

An American teen gets killed by Palestinians.
An American teen gets beat up by Israelis.

Shrug

Old 07-06-2014, 06:02 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11
Except the police were do-no-wrong Israelis and the kid was kinda brown. Justification enough for some here.
51% of Israeli Jews are kinda brown since they are of N African & Middle Eastern decent. Burst that little bubble?

Old 07-06-2014, 06:34 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Since you brought up the 3 Israeli kids, where is the call for justice for the American Jew who was murdered and his body was riddled with bullets??
That was horrible-but there is a huge difference between a dual Israeli-American citizen hitchhiking in a Palestinian city in the West Bank who was born in Israel, lives and goes to school in Israel and a complete all American teenager born in Baltimore and going to school in Florida visiting Jerusalem for the first time in over 10 years because his Grandmother was on her deathbed while his cousin the same age was burned to death.

It's quite sad that you cannot find any outrage in you for the American kid due to your strong and unwavering prejudices.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 07-06-2014 at 06:47 AM..

Old 07-06-2014, 08:45 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
Is it safe to assume that had he not been an American citizen there would be no trouble and the great U.S leaders would continue to approve of more collective punishment?
One of the 3 jews kidnapped and killed was an american citizen, yet I don't recall you complaining about the situation then. Are you only concerned when muslims are killed/attacked?

Old 07-06-2014, 08:48 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
Is it safe to assume that had he not been an American citizen there would be no trouble and the great U.S leaders would continue to approve of more collective punishment?

U.S. says "profoundly troubled" by Israeli police's beating of American citizen - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Although, as we know from the USS Liberty and general diplomatic behavior from our great 'ally', it may scarcely matter.

NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data with Israel | World news | The Guardian
Lucky it happened to him in Isreal. Nothing would have been said if it was in Mexico.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I don't know if what you say is true at all. He was at the funeral of his 16 year old cousin who was burned to death in retaliation for the 3 Israeli kids that were kidnapped recently.

You are justifying savagely beating a kid while they are handcuffed and detained on the ground-truly inhumane and completely unnecessary.

You can brush it off all you like but most Americans are probably outraged.
Fine, arrest the cops and prosecute them harshly.

Now remind us where you've called for arab muslims to do the same for muslim attackers of israel, like those suicide bombing israel, firing mortars and rockets at her, stabbing/shooting/kidnapping them...I won't hold my breath.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
That was horrible-but there is a huge difference between a dual Israeli-American citizen hitchhiking in a Palestinian city in the West Bank who was born in Israel, lives and goes to school in Israel and a complete all American teenager born in Baltimore and going to school in Florida visiting Jerusalem for the first time in over 10 years because his Grandmother was on her deathbed while his cousin the same age was burned to death.

It's quite sad that you cannot find any outrage in you for the American kid due to your strong and unwavering prejudices.
There is no difference, and it shows what a hypocrite and liar you are, without character or credibility whatsoever that you are justifying/excusing away murder for one side and accepting it for another.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:58 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
This happens nearly daily somewhere in the US and there are 100's of video to show it. So American Police are not innocent either. Since we don't have the video that led up to it then currently all we have is a video of a person being beaten while wearing a mask with a weapon.
No we have a video of a person handcuffed and pinned to the ground by a cop getting punched, kicked and his head stomped. I honestly didn't see the weapon. What I did see and it can't be missed is a brave cop stomping on the teens head.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:02 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Fine, arrest the cops and prosecute them harshly.

Now remind us where you've called for arab muslims to do the same for muslim attackers of israel, like those suicide bombing israel, firing mortars and rockets at her, stabbing/shooting/kidnapping them...I won't hold my breath.
Start a thread about that and you will get the outrage you seek. This thread is about an american teen being savagely beaten while handcuffed and defenseless by 2 Israeli cops.
Trying to deflect by saying well muslims are worse doesn't change the fact that an American teen was defenseless, not resisting in any way as his head was stomped upon by a cop.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
That was an American teen unjustly beaten. Israel needs to be taken to task over it. If it were your son and the local police whooped up on him you would want the cops held accountable. I know you would. You're a good dad.
This isn't the first American who has fallen victim to Israel's heavy handed tactics. If it happened in France or England I would be equally outraged.
He probably shouldn't have been beaten, but you may want to look into this more, his part was much more than "visiting." I hear he throws a pretty mean rock!

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-artic...ion=middleeast

Samri, the Israeli police spokeswoman, said that Tariq Abu Khdeir had resisted arrest and attacked police officers. He was detained with a slingshot used to fire stones at police, along with six other protesters, including some armed with knives, she said, adding that several officers were hurt in that specific protest, one of many that day.

Last edited by wildflower82; 07-06-2014 at 09:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies