U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 03:59 PM

13,725 posts, read 25,323,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Especially about pot, how the hell you can bring religion into pot, I'll never know.
Rastafarians do it rather conveniently.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:00 PM

29,742 posts, read 47,547,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Being on the atheist/agnostic side of things, I don't have any problem bringing the Bible into this discussion. Genesis 1:29 makes its stand on the matter pretty clear.
I agree.

And then there is:

Quote:
Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun.
Keeping in mind of course that 'smoking' is a fairly new development in the history of mankind. Before smoking things were eaten or drank.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:00 PM

1,307 posts, read 3,194,121 times
Actually, Christ and marijuana may not be that incompatible.

CC11: Cannabis and the Christ: Jesus used Marijuana

Old 09-30-2008, 04:03 PM

29,742 posts, read 47,547,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Hmm, well I haven't read the entire thread & if you read the OP, religion isn't mentioned in it. So yeah, take your religious speak over to the religion forum. Especially about pot, how the hell you can bring religion into pot, I'll never know.

So it is really an issue of being a new comer into the thread. I see.

In polite conversation we speak of the 3-minute rule.

When jumping into a conversation listen for 3-minutes to get enough background of what is being discussed, before jumping in and making a fool of yourself.

Bless you.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:05 PM

10,479 posts, read 13,515,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
So it is really an issue of being a new comer into the thread. I see.

In polite conversation we speak of the 3-minute rule.

When jumping into a conversation listen for 3-minutes to get enough background of what is being discussed, before jumping in and making a fool of yourself.

Bless you.

Wrong, I've posted on this thread before, why don't you go take a look?

Old 11-19-2008, 01:38 AM

1 posts, read 945 times
Default I love marijuana, but Jesus is my Lord and Savior

I believe in Jesus and I smoke marijuana. God is my number 1 priority in life, and whenever I do smoke a plant of his creation I am thankful for him for the plant of the earth. The Bible says that God created ALL plants and animals for men (see Gen. 1:29), and he also says that there will be people with different moral beliefs such as those who do not drink at all and those who think drinking in moderation is okay, but we are not to judge others for their beliefs. God has the power to accept everyone into heaven (see Romans chapter 14). This chapter is great because it tells us that no one can judge us, so if you love God do not feel that because you smoke you do not truly love him. If you believe it is God's creation and you are thankful to him for it, you have the right heart to smoke. God says everything he created is good for those who recieve it with thanksgiving (See 1 Timothy 4:1-5). However, if smoking marijuana is such a large part of your life that it plays a negative role, or distances you from the creator, then it is a sin to fill your life with it. So you must make your own judgement on it's effect for your life, don't let anyone tell you that you can't love God if you smoke marijuana, but be careful your life is not consumed with marijuana and your focus is not on God, because then you are not giving your love to God. For those who are reading this and don't know about God... next time you are high on a stary night, I want you to go outside and just stare at the stars for an hour, you will see that you were created with a purpose and that you are not just a fluke of evolution. Good luck everyone, I think we should legalize marijuana, and I love the Lord Jesus Christ to death, and no one can tell me I don't, in that I find peace.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:01 AM

1,651 posts, read 2,704,734 times
The only good thing weed is good for is making some more green! Get it?

Old 11-19-2008, 02:17 AM

5,199 posts, read 11,354,011 times
Sure, add marijuana to everything else that is wrong in this country. Why not? Our morals and values are getting lowered every year; we may has well just go all the way and continue with America's decline.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:19 AM

1,651 posts, read 2,704,734 times
Its already declined and gone down even further.

The election hatred and arguing shows you that.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:39 AM

609 posts, read 1,044,182 times
Canada has the highest amount of marijuana users in the world for a country where it is not legal. However, how many people die of marijuana related incidents? whether they be car crashes or lung cancer??

None?? almost none? Ive never heard of 1 example...

In my expirieince, I have seen alcohol turn people into stupid, violent and horny machines.

marijuana not so much. i know from expirience that I can function in normal situations, (school, work ect) while being under the influence of weed. with alcohol (which i have only drank at parties and such) i wouldnt even dare try to function in society drunk all the time..

but then agian my opinion is bias.. I love weed... the look, the smell, the taste...how it relaxes me and adds a nice edge on everyday chores...

the trick is dont become a unproductive user!!!! dont just sleep all the time, smoke, eat, and do nothing. dont sit there waiting and hoping for you next joint and that being your only motivatioN!! Ive done that and you go down fast..

stay productive, work out and dont eat like a pig when your high!!! (it kills the buzz and leaves you feeling like crap). look at it like a little extra perk or pleasure to enjoy sometimes.

I have no clue if I was even allowed to say that... it seems like the general opinion on this forum is anti-drug in general... btw Ive only ever done weed and see basically every other drug as dangerous, useless and is a clear path to addiction and self-destruction..

and my belief about god and cannabis? well how many christians dont drink at all? or smoke??? plus with a vaporizer the smoke form the weed is basically 99% harmless. (look on youtube, theres tonnes of test)

I think that you can be a "good" and practicing chrisitain and still smoke weed. I guess though my personal belief is a mixture between agnosticism with the general moral practices and beliefs of Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies