Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2015, 07:48 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
"A very powerful statement from Benedictine Nun, Sister Joan Chittister: "I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking. If all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed, and why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of what pro-life is.”" - source Pro-birth, pro-life or pro-choice: A very simple question : TwoXChromosomes

A reflection of the arguments on here. How is it that people who note they are "pro-life" that the life they are for ends with birth? Can you oppose abortion and morally feel justified at opposing education, feeding, and housing this life you are for?

Seems often we have people pro-birth on here, but aren't really pro-life.

Just another crap leftist argument where they try to dictate the terms of the discussion, foment their own self-serving definitions, demand the opposition obey their direction, and insist that if you believe one thing you are required to do something else. Nothing is more arrogant and more ignorant that a leftist hell bent on pushing his ideology. You people are truly pathetic if you think you can get away with this kind of sophomoric nonsense. Only the brain dead buy your silliness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 07:51 PM

232 posts, read 251,052 times
Pro-choice Texan. It is not a popular way to feel in the South but I don't care. More of us are pro-choice than people think but we do not talk about it or admit it in regular conversations here.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:52 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
I don't think I have ever seen a thread with so much rationalization, lies, and twisted thinking. So as an adult person, would you rather die or live in poverty?

Old 09-01-2015, 08:12 PM

232 posts, read 251,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
most abortions take place between 6 and ten weeks. hardly a "child".
Thank you common sense

Old 09-01-2015, 08:13 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,135,660 times
I don't have a say in the reproductive choices of women. Nor should anyone else.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:29 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,437,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
many pro life folks believe in "individual responsibility" meaning WOMEN who have sex, take the consequences. you made your bed now lay in it without any help from others.
This is surreal. We were talking about the life of THE BABY. The B-A-B-Y. Not the mother.

If the baby is to be born of an irresponsible mother, who had sex recklessly, whatever (I'll give you that), why is the baby supposed to pay for a mother's deficiencies?
Why is the baby supposed to pay with a life where all odds will be against him, where nobody will care about his food, education, chances in life etc. - INCLUDING THE MOTHER, and least of all the likes of you?

So say it with me again: "I am demanding that the THE BABY lay in the bed the mother made!".

Then look in the mirror and say "Can I get anymore disgusting than this"?...and you will probably discover a whole new level of disgusting-ness that you can lower yourself to.

The baby can't take "individual responsibility" for what an allegedly bad mother did!
And he didn't do one single darn thing wrong to be brought into this world with those kind of sh*tty odds against him.

Last edited by syracusa; 09-01-2015 at 08:45 PM..

Old 09-01-2015, 08:44 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,437,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
I'm pro keep aborting the right kinds of babies. Just don't tell me its not killing a living organism. You keep sucking those little kiddos out of your hoo-hoo and I'll try to keep my level of disgust down. It's your body, murder all the parasites that you feel like you need to.

Classy.
Who tried to convince you is not killing a living organism?

As a general guideline, you should probably be more concerned with a life shattered, than a "living organism" killed.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:46 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
This is surreal. We were talking about the life of THE BABY. The B-A-B-Y. Not the mother.

If the baby is to be born of an irresponsible mother, who had sex recklessly, whatever (I'll give you that), why is the baby supposed to pay for a mother's deficiencies?
Why is the baby supposed to pay with a life where all odds will be against him, where nobody will care about his food, education, chances in life etc. - INCLUDING THE MOTHER, and least of all the likes of you?

So say it after me again: "I am demanding that the THE BABY lay in the bed the mother made!".

Then look in the mirror and say "Can I get anymore disgusting than this"?...and you will probably discover a whole new level of disgusting-ness that you can lower yourself to.

The baby can't take "individual responsibility" for what an allegedly bad mother did!
And he didn't do one single darn thing wrong to be brought into this world with those kind of sh*tty odds against him.
You are obviously a man So are you saying that men can have unprotected sex whenever they want and if they get a woman pregnant then it's not their fault. Of course it's always the women's fault, right.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:49 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I disagree. People who claim the phony title of pro life are hateful people.
So people who kill an unborn child are loving parents? You really are phony funny.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:52 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,845,865 times
Banning abortion is going to lead more problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies