Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you still support Obama
YES 40 28.57%
NO 100 71.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 11:59 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Okay well I cannot say that that is not a progressive tax. And I cannot find anything specifically immoral about it. I stand corrected. Good luck getting that passed into law though.

Actually, I'm right. You just found yourself without a legitimate response, and so decided to declare your perspective right and my perspective wrong, as if that would have any significance whatsoever (it doesn't).

That's incorrect, so it is either self-delusion or outright lying. This realization stems from the fact that people have to eat to live; they have to pay for clothing, shelter, transportation, etc. The basic essentials of life are not available, gratis, to everyone in society. So you are wrong. People aren't in "total control of their own money" using the approach you supported. Your way, people are effectively "forced to pay the government a tax they cannot afford" even though you denied it. And people who cannot afford a home to rent due to your regressive tax aren't going to have to worry about confiscation for non-payment of taxes - another example of the myopic perspective underlying right-wing rhetoric about taxes - failing to see the challenges of those most vulnerable in society or otherwise insisting on just caring about the people who are like themselves, the people who have the same concerns as they have, etc., without regard to how critical the needs are as compared to that of other people they couldn't care less about.
Whew! Scratching my head...no one I know could ever spin anything that badly. I hope you don't really believe the nonsense you posted above. Wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 12:02 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,702,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Then I am so disappointed that so many people were clueless about Romney's ability. If he had been elected we would have huge economic growth and this country would not be having the illegal immigrant problem that is going on right now which has opened the door wide for the influx of terrorists and the drug cartel.
During Romney's term as governor of Massachusetts, the commonwealth was ranked 47th in job growth - just 0.9% while the national average was 5%. The commonwealth reeled from a remarkable labor force decline in the nation, exceeded only by Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. 14% of manufacturing jobs were lost during the reign of the king of off-shoring, partially due to Romney vetoing legislation that might have kept that number lower. How convenient. Despite that Massachusetts is a hotbed of high-tech, the labor economy was more like a rust belt state during Romney's tenure. Finally, Romney left office with the commonwealth saddled with more bond debt per capita than any other state in the nation.

The assumption that Romney would have taken a hard line against illegal immigration is pretty thin. He didn't distinguish himself as governor of Massachusetts in that regard. If he would have as POTUS, it would merely have indicated how much of a puppet of the party is would have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Whew! Scratching my head...no one I know could ever spin anything that badly. I hope you don't really believe the nonsense you posted above. Wow!
Stop posting childish silliness. The corrupt perspective you advocate for was repudiated on moral grounds - get over it and stop trying to make it seem like you either don't understand what was written or that you have some secret response to it that you simply aren't willing to share.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Thumbs up Do You STILL Support Obama?

Just ask yourself:

Is everyone better off than they were 4 years ago?

Carry on.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:33 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
obammies dead brother that Bush and the SEALS killed.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:51 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Here's the best indicator of the utter baselessness of right-wing prattle - the presumption that "history" can be rationally considered regarding something which is still ongoing.

Another example of a disconnect between reality and what right-wingers spew.

You sound like a spoiled child who is upset that his petulant behavior is being exposed. How about sticking to the topic instead of posting random nonsense like that, in a vacuous attempt to deflect attention away from the immoral nature of what you support?
Funny thing about cult members, like any addiction, they blame everyone else for their problems. You should seek help for that.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:59 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Funny thing about cult members, like any addiction, they blame everyone else for their problems. You should seek help for that.
On this board, more often than not, I see it is RWNJs who play follow the leader a bit too much.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Just ask yourself:
Is everyone better off than they were four years ago?

Carry on.

I know conversing with you is a waste of effort but I'll play along.

How are we better off?

Gallup: Fewer people have health insurance now than in 2009 | The Daily Caller

A 'Lost Generation Of Workers': The Cost Of Youth Unemployment : NPR

Black Unemployment 10.7%, More Than Double White Unemployment 5.3% | CNS News

Job participation rates the lowest in 40 years (since Carter)
Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Food stamp participation rates were the highest in history just 5 months ago (47m people)

I'm not sure how you can come to the conclusion that the majority of people are better off. 4 years and it's about the same for me. Compared to 10 years ago, HELL NO! I was way better off in 2004.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:06 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I do, but by and large, he's been a disappointment. The best thing he has going for him is that he's not John McCain or Mitt Romney -- both of which would have been disasters.
So Obama added trillion dollar stimulus to the debt that accomplished nothing, got named liar of year and completely bungled the Obamacare rollout, attacked Libya without the advice or consent of congress, oversaw the slowest economic recovery in recorded history, publicly announced that he intended to break the separation of powers and act without congress, completely fumbled the Russian Reset of relations and the Arab Spring, sent guns to Mexican drug cartels, used the IRS as a political police department, tried to cover up a terrorist attack so it wouldn't make his re-election campaign look bad, and did nothing about the VA while over 40 veterans died but at least, according to you, he hasn't been a disaster.
Quote:
I really have no interest in going back into Iraq for another decade or two of war.
Then you probably should have supported a candidate who would not have left Iraq without a status of forces agreement to begin with.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
On this board, more often than not, I see it is RWNJs who play follow the leader a bit too much.
That's your opinion and I'll respect it, even if it's wrong.

I'm not sure where he was going with exposing me. Nothing like vitriolic rhetoric to make an insane rant seem plausible.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
So Obama added trillion dollar stimulus to the debt that accomplished nothing, got named liar of year and completely bungled the Obamacare rollout, attacked Libya without the advice or consent of congress, oversaw the slowest economic recovery in recorded history, publicly announced that he intended to break the separation of powers and act without congress, completely fumbled the Russian Reset of relations and the Arab Spring, sent guns to Mexican drug cartels, used the IRS as a political police department, tried to cover up a terrorist attack so it wouldn't make his re-election campaign look bad, and did nothing about the VA while over 40 veterans died but at least, according to you, he hasn't been a disaster.

Then you probably should have supported a candidate who would not have left Iraq without a status of forces agreement to begin with.
Wish I could rep you more... even if you are a racist (that was sarcasm)

For all you Obama cheerleaders... even a poll in CD shows how his support (27%) has collapsed to less than 40% nationally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies