Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 01:36 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
It's not about winning or losing, it's about the truth and facts.
No it isn't. If it were about truth and facts, denialists would thank us for correcting them. Instead they whine about liberals. What it's about is propagating the right's lies. That's why you denialists have to pretend op-eds in business magazines and blogs are scientific publications. If you were interested in the science of the matter, you'd base your opinions on the science of the matter. Denialists do not base their opinions on the science of the matter, but rather what Rick Perry and James Inhofe tell them to think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 01:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Of course it warmed, otherwise we'd still be suffering within a little ice age. News flash, we WILL LOSE glacial ice, because the last glcial period ended, and the glciers are melting, the seas are rising. The seas have been slowly rising for tens of thousands of years, and they will continue to melt.

If you think CO2 is the single driving forrce behind whether the planet is warming or cooling, and that CO2 can cause dramtic warming, then you are a fool.
I never said it was, simply saying global warming is happening and it is wise for us to understand what it is doing and what kind of effect we might be having on it, as well as learning what we might have to do to deal with future issues.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:38 PM

29,502 posts, read 19,602,720 times
What happened to the other thread called 17 years of no warming? Why would a mod delete it?

Old 07-08-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Very true. According to the scientists at NOAA it has cooled 0.05C.
I've seen the data for myself, so it's a waste of time for you to fling your right-wing garbage in my direction and expect me to take you seriously. I think it's more likely that a blogger you like says the NOAA says temperatures have cooled, and since you're a right-wing denialist you believe it.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:58 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
That the part she will deny.
She doesn't trust the scientists?

Old 07-08-2014, 02:43 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
What happened to the other thread called 17 years of no warming? Why would a mod delete it?
Personally I think mods should get rid of all threads that are based on lies....

Old 07-08-2014, 03:01 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times
That would be about 80% of them. Unfortunately, they don't moderate stupidity and if you point out someone's stupidity, they'll likely ban you.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:37 PM

You have to be artful about it.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:45 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Maybe the OP could provide the link to the NOAA site that indicates that the last decade is cooling rather than the Anthony Watts version. If the data indicates what they are contending then why not provide the link since Forbes didn't do the measurements, let's go to the source.

No I don't expect a response anytime soon.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:52 PM

29,502 posts, read 19,602,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Personally I think mods should get rid of all threads that are based on lies....
We should get rid of climate models that are based on lies too. Ok 95% of them are lies. The 5% of them that predicted a much slower rate of warming are

As for US temps like the rest of the globe. Not moving much last 10 years+

Maybe we should put right wing deniers and left wind alarmists in a ring and let them have a go.

Don't believe me that the models are bunk?

Here is the temperature trend rate for Illinois summers (yes I know massive isn't it )

Now look at what those fancy multi million dollar models state is going to happen to Illinois this century

Quote:
In general Illinois' climate will grow considerably warmer and probably drier during this century, especially in the summer. As a result of these changes, by 2030 summer in Illinois may feel more like current-day summer in Oklahoma or Arkansas, while winter may feel like present day Missouri. By 2095 summer climate will resemble that of eastern Texas today with winters that feel like Oklahoma.
http://www.ucsusa.org/greatlakes/glregionill_cli.html

^^

Yeah right, in 15 years Illinois summers are going to feel like Oklahoma or Arkansas. By the end of the century we will be planting Palm Trees on the Magnificent Mile BAHAHA

Last edited by chicagogeorge; 07-08-2014 at 08:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies