Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 08:42 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Again, if an increase in border security in Texas is needed, why can't Gov. Perry get his fellow Texans to build it?
Remember what happened to Arizona...
https://www.facebook.com/notes/gover...a/413059698539

-and-

In a new twist in the fight over Arizona’s immigration law, Republican Gov. Jan Brewer on Tuesday asked a federal court to disallow foreign governments from joining the U.S. Department of Justice lawsuit to overturn the law.
The move comes in response to a 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling issued Monday, allowing nearly a dozen Latin American countries — Mexico, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru and Chile — to submit friend-of-the-court briefs in Justice’s challenge to SB 1070, which Brewer signed into law in April and is considered one of the nation’s toughest immigration-enforcement measures.
Read more: Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer slams 'foreign interference' in immigration lawsuit - Scott Wong - POLITICO.com

I wouldn't be surprised if Holder doesn't have an entire team researching how to sue Gov. Perry for calling up troops for the border.

Makes one wonder whose side the government is on anyway. Well, most of us don't wonder anymore...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 10:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Only these so-called unaccompanied minors are getting health checks "after" they have already crossed our border and turned themselves in. The bulk of illegal aliens are not as they bypass the Border Patrol and disappear into our country with whatever deseases they may or not have brought with them.
Same with tourists. That's 67 million potential disease carriers each year.

Quote:
They may not be able to vote now but if they are made citizens of this country eventually they will and guess what part they will be voting for?
For the most part they lean conservative. The only reason the US latinos vote Dem is because GOP has been pushing them away. I think that will change in the future, when GOP realizes latinos are all for traditional family values, hard work and Christian values.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:19 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
My message is quite clear and accurate. The minors get a hearing and some will be allowed to stay. Normally something around half would qualify but it is likely that the politics will inevitably lower that percentage. But some will stay.

The object is to get it resolved quickly so those not getting asylum are swiftly deported to discourage others. If it takes five years the illegals have really won the battle. And likely more will come.

You folk appear to want what you can't have and, if you can't have it, you will refuse anything that makes the problem less. My way or no way...it is actually self defeating.
What? They are getting tossed onto planes and shipped around the country. You are the one ignoring the "problem". MS13 is on a recruiting binge.............I wonder why that is? Pretend all is well until they shoot one of yours.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What stops them? E-Verify? Give me a break. Even the 700 mile fence reduced immigration, so a full fence with double and triple fences in hot spots would certainly help.
I say lay minefields and blow the runners up. That fence you seem to love has done nothing.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:05 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What? They are getting tossed onto planes and shipped around the country. You are the one ignoring the "problem". MS13 is on a recruiting binge.............I wonder why that is? Pretend all is well until they shoot one of yours.
Irrelevant nonsense. Sure there will be gangbangers...1/100th of 1% of the border crossers. I suspect you will find more among tourists.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:07 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I say lay minefields and blow the runners up. That fence you seem to love has done nothing.
There is no fence and there is not going to ever be a fence. Texas has no intention of allowing a fence cutting off access to the Rio Grande. Mines? You really out to kill Texans?

Old 07-23-2014, 01:09 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
southward bound;
Makes one wonder whose side the government is on anyway. Well, most of us don't wonder anymore...
ya got that right!!!

well at least now, the people that believe our government is all patriotic and for America, are maybe, finally able to start seeing what is REALLY going on? Maybe not? But it is about time people wake the heck up.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Irrelevant nonsense. Sure there will be gangbangers...1/100th of 1% of the border crossers. I suspect you will find more among tourists.
Tourists get a passport they don't run across the border to do as they please. Get real.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
There is no fence and there is not going to ever be a fence. Texas has no intention of allowing a fence cutting off access to the Rio Grande. Mines? You really out to kill Texans?
If Texans are dumb enough to run through a mine field then so be it. You see Texans streaming to mehico? lol

Talk to Finn about the fence it appears he thinks all is well with it.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:12 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Just to throw this out there. I have ties to a fruit farm where they hire migrant workers each year to come and work. They are legal migrant workers, but still from Mexico just the same.

There was almost a fight on the dock this morning, between one of their longest working migrant workers (20 years) and a newer employee. The new guy posted something on facebook about immigration, and Jose didn't like it.

Jose went off saying all Americans are stupid and hate them. This debate takes a toll on those who come here with legal intentions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies