Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well the hippie wanna bees would all stay home on election day because they would forget about it eating dorito's and playing xbox at least.............yes there is a bright side.

Find water............hell they would use it for their bong instead of drink it..........lol

Not this guy. I take voting very seriously. In fact, I look forward to standing in line on election day to cast my vote. At any rate, I'm usually going right from work to go vote, so I'll reserve taking hits from the bong after I get home, and am watching the results from the polls on election night. And yes, in watching that could include munching on some chips or Doritos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 08:44 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Those are good examples of how one using cannabis can be killed, or can kill someone else. However; in terms of deaths from overdose, there isn't record of one.
Posted did not mention overdose. I don't think any Indians who smoked da peace pipe had any issues either. Oh no can I even say Indans anymore? Aren't they after Cleveland. PC police will be after me now...........lol

Old 07-11-2014, 08:46 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Not this guy. I take voting very seriously. In fact, I look forward to standing in line on election day to cast my vote. At any rate, I'm usually going right from work to go vote, so I'll reserve taking hits from the bong after I get home, and am watching the results from the polls on election night. And yes, in watching that could include munching on some chips or Doritos.
I live in a pretty small town so I'm just in and out. Nice as I watch folks in the big city stand in line for hours.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:09 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Posted did not mention overdose. I don't think any Indians who smoked da peace pipe had any issues either. Oh no can I even say Indans anymore? Aren't they after Cleveland. PC police will be after me now...........lol
Yes they've been going after Chief Wahoo for years now. Each Opening Day a handful of protesters stand in front of Progressive Field protesting the logo. Nobody really pays too much attention to them. They're slowly removing Wahoo from their gear and replacing it with a "block C."

Quote:
I live in a pretty small town so I'm just in and out. Nice as I watch folks in the big city stand in line for hours.
I live in a small exurb of Cleveland, but it's growing, so I have to wait in line for a bit. It doesn't matter, I can make small talk.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:21 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
The only kind of alcohol that people use for antiseptic purposes in today's world is rubbing alcohol. No doctor is going to disinfect a wound with whiskey.

And as for as a using alcohol as a painkiller? Marijuana is much more effective, offers quicker and longer lasting relief, and is much safer.
you are right to a point. but you also prove my point as well. alcohol DOES have medicinal purposes, and while it is true that no doctor is going to disinfect a wound with whiskey, or use it as a painkiller, when he has other better things available to him, he will use it when those better things are not available. for instance say doc and friends are on a camping trip, and all of the docs good stuff is back in his office 250 miles away and he needs something to disinfect a wound right now, gee that bottle of jack is going to come in quite handy right now isnt it? either that or pee on the wound(urine is also a field antiseptic as it is sterile when it leaves the human body).

Old 07-11-2014, 09:29 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,256,702 times
Quote:
So are you telling me that nobody has ever died in a car crash driving stoned,
Nope, but that is going to be pretty rare. Cannibis causes a person to more cautious than they otherwise would be.

Quote:
killed somebody while they were stoned,
Again, nope, but that again will be pretty rare. Cannabis doesn't make people violent or increase violent tendencies. Plus, the cannabis would not be the cause of death in that scenario, the gunshot (most likely weapon) would.

Quote:
committed suicide while they were stoned?
A suicidal person would still be suicidal, but marijuana tends to alleviate depression.

Quote:
Just a few examples. I say legalize away but that may be the most ridiculous statement I've ever read on this board. I guess you have access to toxicology reports from all deaths in the country over the years that you've gone through??? lol
Those toxicology reports are compiled yearly. How do you think we get the data on pharmaceutical, cocaine, alcohol, and heroin related deaths? Depending on which source you use, a person would have to consume upwards of 1/3 their body weight to 250X the effective dosage all at once, for marijuana consumption to reach a potentially lethal level. By comparison, a water overdose can occur by drinking 20X a serving at once. So when I say nobody has died from marijuana I am speaking realistically and relatively, of course it is possible in theory, but the required consumption is so high that it is practically impossible to die from marijuana.

Judge Young on rescheduling marijuana, DEA

Judge Francis Young rules marijuana is safe, 1988, DEA, USA

Quote:
It is estimated that marijuana's [median lethal dose] is around 1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. [National Institute on Drug Abuse]-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response. ...

In practical terms, marijuana cannot induce a lethal response as a result of drug-related toxicity.

11. A commonly used over-the-counter product like aspirin has a therapeutic ratio of around 1:20. Two aspirins are the recommended dose for adult patients. Twenty times this dose, forty aspirins, may cause a lethal reaction in some patients, and will almost certainly cause gross injury to the digestive system, including extensive internal bleeding.

14. By contrast, marijuana's therapeutic ratio, like its LD-50, is impossible to quantify because it is so high.

15. In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death.

16. Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within a supervised routine of medical care."

Last edited by lycos679; 07-11-2014 at 09:54 AM..

Old 07-11-2014, 09:30 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times
Quote:
Luckily, I'm skinny. Always have been, always will be. Furthermore, the zombies are the ones jacked up on Big Pharma crap like Xanax. Let's of course not forget the growing epidemic of abuse of opiates, such as legal pain pills, and heroin their illegal cousin. All 1,000 times worse than cannabis.
Sure there are examples of skinny potheads, but it's pretty clear that consumption of cannibas 1) increases appetite (which Americans DON'T NEED), 2) increases laziness (which Americans DON'T NEED), and decreases cognition (which Americans DON'T NEED). The vast majority of those that habitually smoke pot are NOT skinny. this I assure you.

Actually go ahead and legalize it, but take away the public assistance of those choosing to smoke up. Mandatory drug test for all jobs.. increase the burden on private entrepreneurs.

radio announcement.. this just in, Chinese troops have crossed the border.. potheads everywhere are lined up to protest it.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:33 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times
in other news.. people are still getting incarcerated for GROWING marijuana and selling on the black market.. the EFFECTS of reducing those numbers incarcerated to prison for selling pot aren't what they were trumped up to be by the stoners.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:45 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,256,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
in other news.. people are still getting incarcerated for GROWING marijuana and selling on the black market.. the EFFECTS of reducing those numbers incarcerated to prison for selling pot aren't what they were trumped up to be by the stoners.
I'm not sure I follow, marijuana hasn't been legalized yet. CO has only been selling "legal " pot for maybe a year, but so far their crime rates are down - which is natural since they aren't going to arrest you for using or growing as long as you stay within the allowed limits.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:50 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I'm not sure I follow, marijuana hasn't been legalized yet. CO has only been selling "legal " pot for maybe a year, but so far their crime rates are down - which is natural since they aren't going to arrest you for using or growing as long as you stay within the allowed limits.
Their arrest rate is down by something like 20%. The percentage of crime rate drop does not equal the former arrest rate when marijuana was illegal for recreational use in the state.

You also fail to consider that many of these states, including Colorado, had quasi legality previously under the medicinal legalization.

The reason marijuana is still illegal is this.

1. Pharmaceutical industry lobbyists who continue to fund antimarijuana campaigns due to their fear of it taking from their profit margins.

2. The Prison-Industrial complex which employees millions of Americans to enforce a drug war where less then 5% of the illegal drugs that are imported to the United States is caught, today.

Illegality of cannabis is asinine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies