Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 05:16 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The fed is stealing money from the savers.... the elderly are suffering.. their life savings is earning them less than peanuts.. A cd is earning 1/20 of one percent.

The borrowers get almost free money while the savers go broke earning nothing.
Either low interest rates on savings or high inflation for everybody else. Pick One or the other.
I'm a retired senior living on fixed income. I pick low inflation and low interest rates so the nation can get back on it's feet again.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:46 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,359 times
You do not have the right to engage in business in violation of the law. Feeding another person’s parking meter is in violation of municipal ordinance enforced by city parking authority, and can be prosecuted as a criminal offense. There is a very practical reason for such laws. Most major cities have limited space maintained for public parking and provide access to municipal facilities, local business and other appurtenances to the streets and walkways. Public parking is time-zoned, and a person is not permitted to park for a period exceeding the time limit for the space. By putting coins in another person’s expired meter you are interfering with law enforcement, and the city certainly has the authority to enjoin and sanction such conduct.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The state gets it's authority from our founding document, the constitution. All of the constitution is subject to reasonable restrictions which are manifest in regulations imposed by the people through the state. We even set up a system wherein the Judicial determines the constitutionality of the restrictions and regulations imposed by the people.

BentBow, as one Native American to another, using Andrew Jackson as a positive example for anything diminishes your Native American credibility in my eyes. I find it an absolute impossibility that any true native american would have something positive to say about Andrew Jackson. To be perfectly honest and candid, your claim to Cherokee has always been suspect to me due to your extreme right wing views on social and political matters. It has always appeared to be completely lacking in any inherent "indian spirit". Of course, I could be one hundred percent off base and it is only my perception over time, but I must call it the way I see it.
With your obvious praise of Andrew Jackson, you've broken new ground as the very first Cherokee Indian to ever have had anything good to say about Andrew Jackson. He is the nation's foremost Indian Killer and especially targeted and betrayed the Cherokee. You used to own, Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia, due to the direct actions of Jackson, you now only have a patch of dirt in Okie country and your ancestors were mostly slaughtered by direct order of the man you praise today.

But, you may take heart in the fact that every time I see "Cherokee Nation" in your info box, to the right of your posts, It causes my teeth to grate and my temples to throb in frustration. Perhaps one day you'll be the death of me.

We got our asses kicked. If we gotum smokepole, earlier in trade, we may have done better than stick and string.

What can I say. I don't live on the reservation.
Yes, my ancestors marched on the trail of tears from North Florida and Georgia, to Oklahoma.

Today, I'm in the American Tribe.
Adapt or become extinct, right.
I am more spiritual, than Godly.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:35 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We got our asses kicked. If we gotum smokepole, earlier in trade, we may have done better than stick and string.

What can I say. I don't live on the reservation.
Yes, my ancestors marched on the trail of tears from North Florida and Georgia, to Oklahoma.

Today, I'm in the American Tribe.
Adapt or become extinct, right.
I am more spiritual, than Godly.
Thank you for the response, It is greatly appreciated. I'll disagree with your posts but I will respect you and your opinions.

Peace. Mohawk

Old 07-12-2014, 06:52 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
You do not have the right to engage in business in violation of the law. Feeding another person’s parking meter is in violation of municipal ordinance enforced by city parking authority, and can be prosecuted as a criminal offense. There is a very practical reason for such laws. Most major cities have limited space maintained for public parking and provide access to municipal facilities, local business and other appurtenances to the streets and walkways. Public parking is time-zoned, and a person is not permitted to park for a period exceeding the time limit for the space. By putting coins in another person’s expired meter you are interfering with law enforcement, and the city certainly has the authority to enjoin and sanction such conduct.
Not the case here.

The up to two-hour parking limit is a rental agreement.

Late payment can cause you to be arrested and fined up to 20 times the time rent amount.

Going past the two-hour limit is a different kind of violation and requires the chalk-marking of a tire and a return in two hours finding the car still there.

If the parking meter shows VIOLATION, it only means the car remained past the time-rental agreement, which could have been a 15 minute contract.

There is no law restricting the amount of money any person wishes to deposit into a parking meter, just as there is no law restricting anyone from depositing any amount of money they want into a stranger's checking account. Democrat Political Paks oftentimes deposit large sums of money into the campaign accounts of Libertarian candidates' banking accounts to help Democrats win elections.

Ah'm thinkin' to maybe get rich somehow by running as a Libertarian candidate to kill off a Republican candidate, though I despise Democrats as much as I do Republicans.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:01 PM

You will find that there is a municipal ordinance restricting parking, and that it is against the law to feed other peoples parking meters. And there are restrictions on campaign contributions. An anonymous cash contribution over $50 must be used for some purpose unrelated to federal elections. See 11 CFR 110.4(c).

Old 07-12-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
And there are restrictions on campaign contributions. An anonymous cash contribution over $50 must be used for some purpose unrelated to federal elections. See 11 CFR 110.4(c).
Hmmm, maybe I misunderstand how PAKs work.

Or, are you just slinging more baloney?

"Contributions in the name of another; cash contributions (2 U.S.C. 441f, 441g, 432(c)(2)).
(a) [Reserved]
(b) Contributions in the name of another. (1) No person shall—
(i) Make a contribution in the name of another;
(ii) Knowingly permit his or her name to be used to effect that contribution;
(iii) Knowingly help or assist any person in making a contribution in the name of another; or
(iv) Knowingly accept a contribution made by one person in the name of another.
(2) Examples of contributions in the name of another include—
(i) Giving money or anything of value, all or part of which was provided to the contributor by another person (the true contributor) without disclosing the source of money or the thing of value to the recipient candidate or committee at the time the contribution is made, see 11 CFR 110.6; or
(ii) Making a contribution of money or anything of value and attributing as the source of the money or thing of value another person when in fact the contributor is the source.
(c) Cash contributions. (1) With respect to any campaign for nomination for election or election to Federal office, no person shall make contributions to a candidate or political committee of currency of the United States, or of any foreign country, which in the aggregate exceed $100.
(2) A candidate or committee receiving a cash contribution in excess of $100 shall promptly return the amount over $100 to the contributor.
(3) A candidate or committee receiving an anonymous cash contribution in excess of $50 shall promptly dispose of the amount over $50. The amount over $50 may be used for any lawful purpose unrelated to any Federal election, campaign, or candidate.
[54 FR 34112, Aug. 17, 1989, and 54 FR 48580, Nov. 24, 1989, as amended at 54 FR 48582, Nov. 24, 1989; 55 FR 1139, Jan. 11, 1990; 67 FR 69948, Nov. 19, 2002]"

MAYBE A PAK AIN'T A PERSON.

We'll just have to ask the Chief, Justice Roberts, to step up to the plate again.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
You will find that there is a municipal ordinance restricting parking, and that it is against the law to feed other peoples parking meters. And there are restrictions on campaign contributions. An anonymous cash contribution over $50 must be used for some purpose unrelated to federal elections. See 11 CFR 110.4(c).
It's a banker's game, ain't it.

Cool Hand Luke applied Sharia Law when he cut the heads off of the infidel parking meters.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:54 PM

It's no game; it's serious business. The problem with banking is that it is being allowed to run unregulated; which is likely to continue because Congress lacks the political backbone to stand up to the powerful banking lobby.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
It's no game; it's serious business. The problem with banking is that it is being allowed to run unregulated; which is likely to continue because Congress lacks the political backbone to stand up to the powerful banking lobby.
Well, now who . . . I say, who can run a bank better than a banker?

The banking lobby isn't a lobby, it's . . . THE BANK!

Bank for your lives!

Bank for your lives!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies