Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2008, 08:44 AM

310 posts, read 1,196,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Hezbollah also funds extensive social services programs. Four hospitals, twelve clinics, twelve schools, and two agricultural centers that provide technical assistance and training to local farmers. There is also an environmental program. Health care services provided by Hezbollah are less expensive than in private hospitals and are free for members. Let's hear it for Hezbollah...
I don't even know what to say about that comment. Also, I would like to say that if people want more done to help the poor they should take a look at how some minority groups have funds to help each other out. If you think its fair to have groups like Untied Negro Foundation and no note worthy organizations to help people of different races then you come to realize its up to you to not depend on others to pay your way into school and a good job. I would sooner go through life poor and struggling than to be dependent on others. EW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 09:10 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Man, you really have to feel for that lady. 67 years old and commutes 2 1/2 hours EACH WAY to work everyday and gets mugged to boot? If anyone deserves some charity, it's folks like these.

Oh NO, she doesn't according to the conservatives in here she should get off her lazy asp, go to college, work her way through college , pick a profession that won't be out-sourced, claw her way to the top with 80 hour weeks and then she won't be need any help at all because they never recieved any help

Old 01-27-2008, 09:10 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwar View Post
I don't even know what to say about that comment.
Perhaps because you didn't understand it? Try re-reading the two precedent posts.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:11 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by earthwar
Quote:
I would sooner go through life poor and struggling than to be dependent on others.
Maybe it is just me, but being independent (especially in our modern society) is impossible.
To survive you need land and owning land means paying taxes. The fact that you have to pay taxes means that you have to make more money than you would normally need.

Anywayz, corporations need people to invent and buy their products, the question is if people need corporations or governments as much as they need people. What people need to survive is a community (=family), but it seems that a modern corporation does not make a community.
Then again modern-day families are not always true families, we often ‘outsource’ our familial responsibilities to non-family organisations like schools and nursing homes.
Maybe this is why modern families are more and more run like small corporations (more business-like where we compartmentalize our time) instead of families?

Last edited by Tricky D; 01-27-2008 at 09:23 AM..

Old 01-27-2008, 09:15 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
There will always be a state to enforce the laws of society upon those who would claim to be sovereign citizens. It is called - REALITY
There will always be the "haves" and "have nots" -

Your comment above has nothing to do with the post I made

The fact is, you liberals want a cradle to the grave protection scheme - Yes?

OBTW - I never claimed to be a Soverign citizen - that was YOUR allegation -

Old 01-27-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
It's not a question of Have and have nots. It's a question on how little the have nots have. Not everyone can abundance. But that doesn't mean we can't have a standard of what minimal means.
Now, you are promoting income equalization - is that your intention?

Old 01-27-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by GreatdayI would sooner go through life poor and struggling than to be dependent on others
You have attributed the above to me - you are mistaken

May I suggest you learn how to use the quote feature properly?

Old 01-27-2008, 09:22 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
There will always be the "haves" and "have nots" -

Your comment above has nothing to do with the post I made

The fact is, you liberals want a cradle to the grave protection scheme - Yes?

OBTW - I never claimed to be a Soverign citizen - that was YOUR allegation -
I think that is the problem. Liberals want a cradle to grave scheme that ensures non-working types a middle or upper class lifestyle. Anything less is too poor -- having to work hard, control your spending and so on is too poor.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:23 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
You have attributed the above to me - you are mistaken
True, then again I'm only human.
It is fixed.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Since our leaders have decided that we are to live in a global economy where Americans must compete with the workers of the third world, it's time we re-evaluate our needs. Do we need iPods, video games, big screen televisions with cable, computers, internet service, airplane trips, new clothes, dinners out and all that? The third world doesn't need all that.

Who signed NAFTA? Who made the deal with China? A very liberal president -- Bill Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies