Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 06:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Their collage graduated kids are not able to perform jobs they were not trained for. The new IT graduates know the newer programming languages etc, but the H1Bs are often ones who know the old stuff like Synon and RPG. They are hard to find in US.

Goes right back to education and why we are way behind. The solution would be to educate our people.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:10 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Goes right back to education and why we are way behind. The solution would be to educate our people.
We are not behind. Who wants to learn ancient programming languages when 90% of the jobs are in the newer technologies? In most cases the H1Bs know those ancient languages.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
No, big corporation can absorb the fines and have the edge over the smaller guy trying to compete.
The cost of doing business and all that jazz.

All employment would not cease.
You would see adds in the newspapers immediately, once they saw an example being made.
Investors will always invest, especially today with banks not paying interest. The shareholders would be more involved in the company, not just sitting back and collecting dividends.

There may be a gradual hicup, but business would spark as it always has.
When President IKE did it, employment didn't cease(it was not as massive as it is today, though)
If you threaten to confiscate all assets, business and personal, and the assets of your investors in case the HR lady makes an error and hires an illegal, I can guarantee you the companies would not stay in the country. The risk of losing of losing everything (even personal assets) would be HUGE, and out of your own control. As opposed to taking the risk of the government seizing my investments, I would pull my money out of the stock market and invest it overseas, and I would not work for a US company knowing there is a good change the government will destroy it, and I'd end up unemployed.

You are talking about government control on a ship load steroids.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
If you threaten to confiscate all assets, business and personal, and the assets of your investors in case the HR lady makes an error and hires an illegal, I can guarantee you the companies would not stay in the country. The risk of losing of losing everything (even personal assets) would be HUGE, and out of your own control. As opposed to taking the risk of the government seizing my investments, I would pull my money out of the stock market and invest it overseas, and I would not work for a US company knowing there is a good change the government will destroy it, and I'd end up unemployed.

You are talking about government control on a ship load steroids.

Better make sure your HR lady knows her stuff and is well paid.
She loses all her personal assets too!
Better not PO her, or she could destroy everyone.

Small business would have the upperhand for once in a long time.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
We are not behind. Who wants to learn ancient programming languages when 90% of the jobs are in the newer technologies? In most cases the H1Bs know those ancient languages.

If there is a job to be had in that field, would it not behoove the nation to have Americans able to perform that job? The strongest nations have always been practically self sufficient.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Better not PO her, or she could destroy everyone.
Yes, and somehow that makes sense to you.

Quote:
Small business would have the upperhand for once in a long time.
No, because they face the same danger of having the government take everything if they make one wrong move. People would not start businesses in that kind of environment.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
If there is a job to be had in that field, would it not behoove the nation to have Americans able to perform that job? The strongest nations have always been practically self sufficient.
You would have to force people to study outdated technologies, because no one in the right mind would do it voluntarily. They would eventually end up unemployed and without useful skills.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Yes, and somehow that makes sense to you.

Yes, you would have more than one person checking and double checking. Shareholders would be very involved when their lively hood is involved. More accountability. No OOOOPs moments here.
Of coarse a person, or company cannot be held liable for the fraud that surely will be tried by those here illegally trying to find work to stay here. Documentation will be needed for the paper trail to prove you as a company did your due diligence in qualifying your employee. The government has the tools to verify citizenship. A simple notification from the government that the company has been defrauded by the employee and I'm sure that employee will be gone. Paper trails are very important in any business.

Quote:
No, because they face the same danger of having the government take everything if they make one wrong move. People would not start businesses in that kind of environment.
They would also be small enough to keep a close eye on the who and what works for you.
Again with the fraud statement above.

The problem then would be getting those with anchor babies here, living off the kids government welfare check and services, to leave.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
You would have to force people to study outdated technologies, because no one in the right mind would do it voluntarily. They would eventually end up unemployed and without useful skills.

Then that can also be said for those with H1B visas that overstay their usefulness.

The mind is big enough, to learn and know it all. What are we teaching? Lack of diversification in skills can be a job killer, for an individual.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:00 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Is costs $28-$40 billion a year to seal the border. Where will the money come from if Congress refuses authorize it?
Where do you get those numbers from? It's almost as if you forget that we already have border security measures in place. Are you suggesting it will cost $20-$40 billion more??

BTW, along with border security comes a proactive national public policy that actually entails enforcing our immigration laws, and making a serious effort to secure our borders.

If we had governors and a president who actually told the world that we will enforce our laws, and if you are in violation of our immigration laws, we will deport you. Instead of this, we have sanctuary cities, free food, medical and a free K-12 education and discounted in-state tuition assistance, and a president running a Motel 6, with free bus and plane transportation to any CONUS location of your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies