Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 03:59 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,843,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Where does she give her opinion? Your living room? I've not heard a word from this woman in years, literally years. What hell-hole are you located in where you're subjected to hearing her opinion all the time?
Not all of us live in a cave. She's been all over the news in the last few days calling for the president to be impeached. Google it.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 07-10-2014 at 04:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 04:02 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,279,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
**Note: This post is not directed at the OP or anyone in particular here. It's a general observation.**

I've never gotten the hatred for this woman. She's never been in a position of national leadership. Some of you act as if she's another Pol Pot or something. She's done nothing to you. She has an opinion, but so what? We all do. And just because we don't agree with someone's opinion, that's no free pass to burn her/him at the stake or crucify her/him.

If you disagree with someone, so state it. Disagree all you want. But when you personally want to see her dead or whatever (like I used to constantly read on forums like this one), you're flat-ass wrong, and YOU are the monster, not her. I disagree with the left nearly always and the right at times as well. But I don't personally hate any of them. I may think their policies and intentions suck. I may think they are numbskulls too. I may even think they need to be institutionalized. But I'm not frothing at the mouth with torch, rope, and pitchfork in hand, ready for blood as I look for the first big oak tree.

There should be that disconnect between personal hatred and disagreement. When it's not there, people get crazy, stupid, and become worse than those they hate.

Why don't you leave the hatred for those who HAVE done horrendous things?--you know, like Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, people like that. What has Sara Palin done to YOU personally? Go ahead and disagree with her. But shove wide-eyed personal hatred. It never leads to anything good or productive.
I think the reason she illicitness such a negative reaction is that she epitomizes all that is wrong with the current direction of the Republican Party. She displays willful ignorance and indeed seems to take pride at her lack of knowledge and lack of grasp of complicated issues and policies. She can't engage in a single measured conversation on US policy, and only sticks to talking points that can fit onto a bumper sticker, and makes no effort to go any deeper. She is far more dangerous to the Rebulbican party than any democrat, she advocates the opposite of Ronald Reagan's bit tent approach to party leadership, embracing only those that she feels are "real-Americans", and has shown nothing but disdain for any individual who dares to think outside her narrow platform.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:05 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,284,799 times
Quote:
Sheesh. Never heard that one, do you have a link to the actual quote where she says "I'm a pitbull with lipstick"?

That's kinda funny right there.
Oh, good lord! Next, you'll be telling me she never called herself a Mama Grizzly.

SHE’S A ‘PIT BULL WITH LIPSTICK’ | New York Post

Old 07-10-2014, 04:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,199,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Perhaps you are right. Perhaps. But can you point out anybody who has gotten anywhere in politics who is? I don't think it's possible. Anyone who actually is sweet and warm (genuinely) would be laughed out of the limelight and practically impaled in the process in no time--they'd be the brunt of jokes for years to come.
Yes--I agree. But many women manage to earn the devotion and loyalty of those around them even when they are being a hard-ass, such as Hillary Clinton. The people who have worked with her for the most part rave about her great sense of humor, intelligence and loyalty. People who know her like her, and she was very well liked around the world as well.

Sarah Palin has managed to alienate all of the people who worked with her on the VP campaign by the way she treated them and others in her orbit. The father of her grandchild appears to despise her and was very happy to spill all of her nasty little secrets to major news outlets. She seems to leave a trail of resentment and animosity in her wake. Women can be strong and still retain respect and friendship of others. Palin has never been able to do that, and despite her claims, it is not the fault of the 'mainstream' media. She's just not that nice and seems to make public comments only when she has something derogatory to say.

"Throughout her political career, she has pursued vendettas, fired officials who crossed her and sometimes blurred the line between government and personal grievance, according to a review of public records and interviews with 60 Republican and Democratic legislators and local officials."

Last edited by Enigma777; 07-10-2014 at 04:22 PM..

Old 07-10-2014, 04:13 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,528,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Not all of us live in a cave. She's been all over the news in the last few days calling for the president to be impeached. Google it. It's not my fault if you are so out of touch that you missed it.
I don't watch any news at all. I get a lot of information from here, so I'll just follow along people like you who watch her fanatically and get information about her from you guys.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oh, good lord! Next, you'll be telling me she never called herself a Mama Grizzly.

SHE’S A ‘PIT BULL WITH LIPSTICK’ | New York Post
I suppose, but from the article you posted here's the closest thing she comes to saying what you say she said;

She touted her background as a small-town Everygirl and “hockey mom” who drives herself home and got rid of the Alaska governor’s luxury jet and personal chef. “What’s the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull?” she asked. “Lipstick.”

OK, I guess. She does say Pitbull and lipstick...close together. And she seems to be referencing herself with that statement. I sorta see it now.

By the way, is the NY Post a good credible news source?

Old 07-10-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I don't watch any news at all. I get a lot of information from here, so I'll just follow along people like you who watch her fanatically and get information about her from you guys.
OK. Did you know she shoots her enemies, field-dresses them in her back yard and then makes chili from their carcasses?

Old 07-10-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
OK. Did you know she shoots her enemies, field-dresses them in her back yard and then makes chili form their carcasses?
Sounds pretty good, I like chili. Seems like a handy chick. I'll never survive the zombie invasion, I'm too big of a wimp to field dress anything. Maybe my wife will do it for me.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:24 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
On one issue anyway:

"A majority of voters say they've heard enough from Sarah Palin, according to a new national poll. The NBC/Wall Street Journal/Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania survey indicates that 54% of voters say they've heard enough from Palin and would prefer that the former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate be less outspoken in political discourse. That includes nearly two-thirds of Democrats, a majority of independents, and nearly four in 10 Republicans."
America to Sarah Palin: Enough! – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

At least she's doing something productive.

Seriously... A blog?

Ya, let the voters, vote to silence an individual.... How democratic. How American.
God Bless the 1st amendment and the Bill of Rights!

Old 07-10-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I suppose, but from the article you posted here's the closest thing she comes to saying what you say she said;

She touted her background as a small-town Everygirl and “hockey mom” who drives herself home and got rid of the Alaska governor’s luxury jet and personal chef. “What’s the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull?” she asked. “Lipstick.”

OK, I guess. She does say Pitbull and lipstick...close together. And she seems to be referencing herself with that statement. I sorta see it now.

By the way, is the NY Post a good credible news source?
Mon Dieu! Do you want to see the video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq7kBcA5q1w
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies