Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 10:11 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,043 times

Advertisements

I stepped outside. Colder my buttocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 10:27 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Dude, how many times do people have to say this.

Global warming does not mean hot weather all the time. It means the average temperature of the Earth increases by a few degrees annually.
Globull warming is a scam, a fraud.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:36 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is an old term, that I am correct on. I just didn't feel like wasting my time finding the full definition. Thanks for doing that.
Big surprise. Why educate yourself on fact when you can march in lockstep to what is stated as fact by whatever media you choose to read?

Old 07-13-2014, 11:34 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Big surprise. Why educate yourself on fact when you can march in lockstep to what is stated as fact by whatever media you choose to read?
Me or the person I was responding to? I know what a polar vortex is.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:00 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Why wait to find out? Why not just start whining about liberals now? That way you can take the weekend off.

The temperatures we will see next week don't matter because they are current temperatures and as useless as the "raw" unadjusted temperatures from a century ago.

These temperatures need to be corrected before we'll understand what they mean.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/

Old 07-13-2014, 12:25 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Me or the person I was responding to? I know what a polar vortex is.
According to the post in which I provided the definitions and the history, you did not. Your response to me was that you never bothered to do any research to educate yourself, and you thanked me for doing your heavy lifting for you.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
According to the post in which I provided the definitions and the history, you did not. Your response to me was that you never bothered to do any research to educate yourself, and you thanked me for doing your heavy lifting for you.
No worries, it sounds like you just misread my post. Oh and anyone could look something up on Wikipedia, not really something hard to do.

Old 07-13-2014, 01:09 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Globull warming is a scam, a fraud.
If that is how you feel, then try to refute this information from NASA: http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/

Old 07-14-2014, 06:53 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Well get out the snow shovel and change your voting card to Republican!

BTW, the words "Polar Vortex" are basically an adversisting tool used by weather forcasters so people get their panties in a wad and tune in to their forecasts. If they just said, "A cool front will move south out of Canada next Tuesday, bringing a couple days of sweet relief from the heat and humidity to the eastern U.S. Highs will be in the comfortable 70s, but the heat returns on Thursday." Would you still keep running to your TV if that was the forecast? Or would you be planning to do something outside while it was pleasant?

Temps in the 70s aren't going to keep me inside. I'm outside after work every evening, as well as every weekend, and have been since spring broke here when the weather is favorable... meaning not raining, or snowing. Our neighbors have a chimenia, so as the temps dip once the sun goes down, there will be a fire going. According to the weather report for Saturday it's going to be in the low 80s, which is great, because we have a huge annual neighborhood party!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies