Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 03:19 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by steven_h
Are you suggesting that society should accept such behavior as being normal?

I suppose we've learned nothing from history, if so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
We are saying it should not be a crime punishable by the state.
So you agree that anything, once considered immoral, should be considered fine? In other words nothing is immoral?

Old 07-13-2014, 04:38 AM

78 posts, read 63,231 times
I don't know anybody who doesn't throw up in their mouth at the mention of having sex with their sibling or relative. I really would not worry about it. Move on to something more constructive and worth spending worry-energy on.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:00 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by Ponderosa
Abominable, revolting, immoral behavior = abominable, revolting, immoral behavior. That's the equation.

I'd say that your sarcasm means that you do not agree there are boundaries on what is right or wrong. A profound moment indeed!

Everything is okay; nothing should be wrong.

The act of anything is okay with you? Good luck with that!

When immoral behavior becomes accepted, it is the society that accepts such behavior, which becomes corrupt.
Who says that is acceptable? The question is whose rights are being violated?

I'm sure 100 years ago people thought they were morally justified in banning blacks from marrying whites in a majority of the states.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:44 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Nothing to do with liberalism. A conservative wants government out of our daily lives. The less government the better.
NOT when it comes who you share your live with, or a woman's reproductive rights, in THOSE cases they want a FEDERAL ban.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
But, but, but, can I marry my kangaroo?
Like chris said; has your Kangaroo consented? When he/she can stand before witnesses and declare their love and devotion to you and you to it in a language common to the witnesses THEN you can marry your kangaroo.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h

So you agree that anything, once considered immoral, should be considered fine? In other words nothing is immoral?

Why do you guys ALWAYS go off on some crazy tangent?

Maybe we should go back to how it was a LONG time ago, PARENTS choose who marries who, and they cut a deal like they are buying a car.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:58 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
The only rational reason for the prohibition of heterosexual incest is the resulting babies can be damaged by some double recessive genes expressing themselves. Most cultures have strong aversions to deliberately killing babies so incest is prohibited.

Animal breeders have used incest to change and, for their purposes, to improve the breed. This was done in the American south during slavery but, as slaves were not considered people, the owners could cull the defectives.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:42 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Actually, it's not

Which is why I'm saying 18. Make the minimum age of consent for marriage be 18 years of age.
The age of consent for sexual relations is 16 in most states than not. We are talking about copulation, not contracts, so it is the age of consent and not the age of majority that is a relevant consideration.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:48 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:

Only incestuous reproduction is anyone else's business to evaluate as "normal" or otherwise. I don't care if my neighbor gets off by sticking it in a electric socket, it doesn't hurt me or anyone else.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:35 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Inbreeding was a genetic problem back when people never left their villages and there were generations of inbreeding. Most 'defective babies' are the result of two non related people copulating. Does the right want to take their defective babies argument to the next level and demand genetics tests before people can copulate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies