U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 11:22 AM

9,833 posts, read 5,829,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
What do you want to know??
Frankly I don't have any questions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 11:23 AM

24,843 posts, read 32,302,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Frankly I don't have any questions...
We are good then.

Enjoy your day.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:24 AM

39,126 posts, read 20,252,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
taxing income means nothing
if you are even going to tax the rich the only way the they can even make a dent is by taxing wealth.

but how are you going to get that?
that's why rich are revoking their USA citizenship.
they are scared as hell they will be Cyprused and bailed in

eg MF GLOBALED/Corzined.

to bail out JPM and Jon Corzine.
Exactly.. taxing income is only taxing middle class and upper middle class. Obama must have been laughing his ass off when his minions cheered every time he said tax the rich, people making $200k / $250 a year.

Really Obama? You are supposed to be smarter than that, and anyone with knowledge would understand that is not taxing the rich. But oh how the financially ignorant bought into his lie... still do lol. Obama is smarter than that, he knew damn well what he was doing. It's no wonder Obama is so arrogant. He knows his supporters are dumb as rocks and will buy into anything he says.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:24 AM

9,833 posts, read 5,829,958 times
Quote:
We are good then.

Enjoy your day.
Indeed.. You do the same...

Old 07-13-2014, 11:28 AM

18,543 posts, read 9,541,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Did people ever wonder who benefits from EBT cards? It's the banks of course. Do people really think that the banks will handle processing the money on the cards for free? The banks take processing fee. Funny isn't it. The poor hate the banks but it's those very banks that handle the welfare. The real losers are the middle class paying for it all.

How Big Banks Rake in Millions on the Backs of California's Poorest Families | Mother Jones

Big-banks-ATM-fees-rip-off-19-million-from-welfare-recipients

You aren't suggesting the banks should do it for free, are you? They have hundreds of thousands employees they are trying to pay.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:39 AM

6,064 posts, read 2,791,474 times
Quote:
OK....but all business have the same basic forms.

The investment has to be at risk.
Why does the investment have to be at risk?

Old 07-13-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
only a complete idiot moron would be dumb enough to think higher tax rates results in more money being in the public treasury.

Here, let President Kennedy explain it to you in his own words.

President Kennedy on Raising Revenue through Tax Cuts and Economic Growth - YouTube

Kennedy got his tax cut (it was a very serious tax cut at that) and look what happened!

In 1961 the total paid into the treasury was $158.7 billion

But by 1965 the total amount to the treasury was $193.6 billion on much, much lower tax rates.

"How can this be?" asks the moron to stupid to figure it out.

The answer is simple, if you want less of something all you have to do is tax it. You want less economic activity? It's easy, all you have to do is tax it.

Want to sell less cars? All you got to do is tax it and you don't need a tax on the car just the money people earn to pay for the car and "poof!" that silly car buying activity is gone forever!

I work hard for my money and if you tax me at 90% you want to take a guess at what I will do? Answer is simple, I will sit at home and do nothing.

I should also say that for the last 60 years the amount to the treasury in terms of percentage of GDP has always remained pretty much stable.
It's amazing that people think that people actually paid 90% tax rate. Back then things were not computerized and business was cash. If taxes went up to that rate I wouldn't even consider getting out of bed to go to work. It's amazing that fools actually think that people would actually work.

People are idiots and Obama knows it and used this knowledge to soak the American people for more money.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think the main thing is that the tax system really, really needs to be simplified. I do favor a flat tax with no deductions based on income. The tax code is so complex...example- ten years or so ago I remember seeing all these realtors and executives driving around in Suburbans and Expeditions-big SUV's. I had no idea why, until I found out it was because of some tax requirement for them to drive a vehicle with a body on frame and a certain weight and then they could write off 100% of the cost on their taxes. Ridiculous! I'm pretty sure that has been rolled back since then. It's things like that that make me believe that a simple, flat tax is the answer.
Knowledge is power and because the tax code is so complicated it keeps people ignorant and poor. If government was truly interested in helping the poor and middle class they would simplify the tax code. It can cost thousands to pay someone to advise and do taxes (tax attorneys and CPA) but the average person can not afford this help so it keeps people ignorant on how to take advantage of the deductions.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
It's amazing that people think that people actually paid 90% tax rate. Back then things were not computerized and business was cash. If taxes went up to that rate I wouldn't even consider getting out of bed to go to work. It's amazing that fools actually think that people would actually work.

People are idiots and Obama knows it and used this knowledge to soak the American people for more money.
Nothing would change for me at 90%.

Tax is on your bottom line.

Just keep your button line very low.....your taxable income.

The percentage really does not matter.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Knowledge is power and because the tax code is so complicated it keeps people ignorant and poor. If government was truly interested in helping the poor and middle class they would simplify the tax code. It can cost thousands to pay someone to advise and do taxes (tax attorneys and CPA) but the average person can not afford this help so it keeps people ignorant on how to take advantage of the deductions.
We disagree on this.

A person does not have to know the whole tax code.....just what they are effected by.

Once a pro does your tax.....I think most people can follow the pattern.

I few things change year to year....but, that is on the forms.

And IF you should make an honest mistake....the IRS is not a monster....or, the bogy man...I promise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or