Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 12:54 PM

14,989 posts, read 23,799,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
When you massacre hundreds of women and children you are all be assuring a new generation of people hell bent on revenge. There is defending yourself and there is outright mass murder. Israel has crossed that line. The U.S. needs to back off its unwavering support of Israel. They always had blood on their hands as well.
Indeed there is defending themselves and there is mass murder.
When indiscriminate rockets land in your country and you fight to shut that down - you defend yourself by taking out those sources - tunnels, manufacture centers, firing sites. The fact that these sources are hiding amongst civilians is not Israel's fault.
When you shoot off rockets into a country aimed at civilians, and base those rockets in civilian areas, along with sending in explosive backpack wearers to blow up a bus load of children from time to time - that is mass murder.

Israel abandoned Gaza strip years ago, including demolishing Jewish settlements - Gaza rewarded that with killing Israelis.
Israel eased the Gaza blockade by allowing for civilian aid - Hamas rewarded that will killing Israelis.
On this current situation Israel agreed to a Cease fire - Hamas rewarded this with about a 1,000 rockets fired at Israel.
The Hamas mandate has not changed - remove Israel from the face of the earth.
The problem is Hamas - Gaza is almost totally dependent on aid (much of it from the US), basically it's been a failed state since the days of Arafat and his corruption. The aid comes when they can say "oh look Israel is the bad guys", they literally profit when there own citizens are killed. When they aren't busy trying to kill Israeli's, they kill each other most readily (i.e. the continuing battles between Hamas and Fadah).
Israel is not creating a generation of arabs bent of revenge, Hamas is creating a generation of victims of it's own policies - destined to stay impoverished and ignorant.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:43 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,944,248 times
I heard it termed a different way today:

Self Defense vs. Self Murder

I'll let you decide which country is which in the above terms used.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:15 PM

21,402 posts, read 10,475,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
When you massacre hundreds of women and children you are all be assuring a new generation of people hell bent on revenge. There is defending yourself and there is outright mass murder. Israel has crossed that line. The U.S. needs to back off its unwavering support of Israel. They always had blood on their hands as well.
It would be nice if people would stop looking at the death toll as if it's some high school basketball game where the winning team is being unsportsmanlike because they're so far ahead of the other team. Do you honestly expect the Israelis to just sit in their bomb shelters forever so the poor Palestinians can launch rockets at them until they run out of rockets? Do you honestly even have a brain?

I wonder how you'd feel if people in Tijuana started launching rockets at your subdivision, house, or apartment building. Somehow I don't think you'd find that acceptable.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:04 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,784,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Since 1967 Israel has been an aggressor nation. Most Americans are afraid to even discuss this because of fear of being called anti semitic and harassment by American Jews. I completely support the cause and actions of Hamas. The majority of members of Hamas are Semitic peoples.
There are holes in your post large enough to shoot a rocket through.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:16 PM

14,989 posts, read 23,799,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No one gave Israel the Iron Dome, they created it themselves. Hamas has never created anything of value. Heck, they didn't even create the rockets they use to launch at their enemies. Maybe if they thought more about creating something there wouldn't be such a problem, would there?
Agree with everything except the rockets. Iran used to, and still does to a certain degree, provide rockets to kill Israeli's. Some very sophisticated and deadly. But lately they've had bigger fish to fry with their proxy wars in Syria and Iraq.

Hamas now creates there own rockets with about $500 worth of commonly available supplies and some smuggled in supplies - some sheet metal and cylinders, welding skills, drills, sugar and fuel and smuggled in fertilizer (why use it for farming when you can create bombs) to create propellent and a warhead filled with whatever rusty nails and bolts that Abdul can find. Hamas has set up factories to build these things by the thousands. What they lack in quality, they make that up in quantity. They are clearly a terrorist weapon, the aiming isn't to great but they target them at Israeli population centers, not military centers.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:59 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,551,213 times
The nation of Israel is EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL.

The majority of Americans do not approve of our Government's blind support of everything Israel does.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Agree with everything except the rockets. Iran used to, and still does to a certain degree, provide rockets to kill Israeli's. Some very sophisticated and deadly. But lately they've had bigger fish to fry with their proxy wars in Syria and Iraq.

Hamas now creates there own rockets with about $500 worth of commonly available supplies and some smuggled in supplies - some sheet metal and cylinders, welding skills, drills, sugar and fuel and smuggled in fertilizer (why use it for farming when you can create bombs) to create propellent and a warhead filled with whatever rusty nails and bolts that Abdul can find. Hamas has set up factories to build these things by the thousands. What they lack in quality, they make that up in quantity. They are clearly a terrorist weapon, the aiming isn't to great but they target them at Israeli population centers, not military centers.
I didn't know that, but I'm not surprised. I was going to even put a sentence in there that if Hamas created anything, it would be something to make war against Israel. It just didn't fit in with my comment, so I didn't include it.

I think this is also a good time to mention my other point that I didn't have time to make the other day. I looked up contributions to the world by Jewish people, and contributions to the world by Islam. Jewish people gave us the pace maker/defibrillator, lasers, vaccines for cholera, Bubonic Plague and Polio, genetic engineering, stainless steel, among other inventions, not to mention the contributions to the modern world brought about by Einstein's theory of relativity.

Though I have met countless Muslims in my area who are brilliant communicators, doctors, scientists, etc., I could not find any major contributions by Islam later than the 16th Century. I am sure there are many Muslims who have contributed significantly to science in the interim, but I'm not sure it happened in Muslim countries. Of course, it could be I just didn't enter my search terms the right way.

I do have hope though after listening to Malala Yousafzai the other day advocating for the kidnapped school girls in Nigeria. Malala is the girl who was shot by the Taliban on the way to school, and has become a huge advocate for girls' education. I think the greatest contributions to Islam in the coming years will be from women, not men.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:00 PM

597 posts, read 1,437,989 times
In Israel 5.5 million Jews are surrounded by 300 Million Muslims from countries that hate them. They are being bombed and we are telling the Jews to back down? Really?

If Canada was bombing us all over the US, would we back down?

Old 07-21-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
The nation of Israel is EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL.

The majority of Americans do not approve of our Government's blind support of everything Israel does.
Your posts on this thread inspired me to look at other posts by you, and I've got to tell you this thing you have against Israel seems out of character for you. Your other posts are all about Big Brother, cats, some current events where you talk about having been a librarian, stuff about Minnesota. I just don't get how someone like you, who otherwise would appear to be pretty normal, would make such a bizarre statement that you support Hamas and everything it stands for. It has me scratching my head quite honestly.

I know everyone has the right to their own opinion, but I really want to understand why you claim to support a terrorist organization in the midst of them using civilians as human shields and launching missiles daily into residential areas of Israel. Would you care to enlighten me?

Old 07-21-2014, 10:33 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,617,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No one gave Israel the Iron Dome, they created it themselves. Hamas has never created anything of value. Heck, they didn't even create the rockets they use to launch at their enemies. Maybe if they thought more about creating something there wouldn't be such a problem, would there?
That is not true. The U.S. has supplied over $2 billion towards the building of these domes and arrows etc.

Congressional Report :

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.