Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2014, 12:58 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,737,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I'm still curious where that poster got that gem of misinformation that "Palestinians in Gaza are NOT allowed to have as per Israeli restrictions". My guess is:
-A tweet by a Hollywood celebrity - because what they say must be true
-Whoopie Goldburg said so on The View
-Their cousins Facebook page, because this cousin always knows
-Al Jazzera op-ed article
-They read it in CityData's P&C forum
Israel restricts what goes in and out of Gaza. I remember reading something to the effect of limiting cement to Gaza for fear of Hamas building tunnels and the like.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:39 PM

14,985 posts, read 23,761,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Israel restricts what goes in and out of Gaza. I remember reading something to the effect of limiting cement to Gaza for fear of Hamas building tunnels and the like.
I give you credit for coming back and explaining yourself. However, that is way totally different from "Gaza are not allowed to build bomb shelters". There is at least a thread of truth to that,,,a thread. Both Israel and Egypt restrict what goes into Gaza since the terrorist group Hamas came to power (strange that Hamas never lobes rockets into Egypt). Still Gaza managed to smuggle in plenty of concrete to build - well, not residential buildings or bomb shelters - but tunnels for terrorist activity.

In 2010 the blockade was eased and concrete, rebar, etc was allowed in for civilian use. But like I said, it's a matter of priority for Hamas. They have limited funds and resources for everything, not just concrete, because its a country that survives on foreign aid . They choose to invest those limited resources in tools of war.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:03 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,602,624 times
Quote:
Indeed, there have been various public protests all over the world in support of Palestinians. Many of the people participating in those protests are non-Muslims. Only in the USA does political correctness dictate that you can't condemn Israel. There are already 597 confirmed dead Palestinians, many of them children, and at least 4,010 Injured. And yet look at the way that Israel is worshiped on this forum. Just sickening.
I couldn't agree more. American's are fed a daily dose of propaganda by CNN, Fox, and the major networks.

And they're too unmotivated or stupid to make an effort to look at international news on the internet where they will obtain a less biased and more truthful view of events.

Americans on this forum are applauding and rejoicing in the deaths of hundreds of innocent civilians and children, 733 so far ---- what is wrong with these people? Entire families of innocent people are being wiped out and people on hear applaud it? Why? Why is Israel so great? What makes people in America perceive Palestinians all as terrorists and less than human?

Old 07-24-2014, 06:05 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,602,624 times
Quote:

Cement? Yes, Israel restricts building materials to Gaza, that are desperately needed. They also restrict, food, water, electricity, medical supplies and services, and even prevent students from Gaza going overseas on college scholarships...hmm., looks like they don't want an educated Palestinian.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:09 AM

43,303 posts, read 43,983,660 times
Quote:
But then again so does Egypt restrict what goes in and out of Gaza from its border with Gaza. So how come Gaza isn't attacking Egypt?

Old 07-24-2014, 07:12 AM

7,568 posts, read 4,112,150 times
Greetings everyone.

I agree that Israel has a right to defend itself. If you attack, you can't really expect to control how the intended victim should react (but I'm sure attackers have every intention of controlling the situation). However, I have read through out this thread how Hamas is using these opportunities to raise money. In that case, they are getting the response they want from Israel.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:17 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,000,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
I don't deny Hamas is a very bad group of people; but at the same time, look at those casualty numbers. Half of the people Israel has killed were civilians. Israel has done some wrong things too, like revenge killings by Mossad commandos, but their neighbors have wanted them dead since 1948 or so.
I would expect high casualty numbers when Hamas uses people as shields.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:19 AM

13,366 posts, read 28,600,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Since 1967 Israel has been an aggressor nation. Most Americans are afraid to even discuss this because of fear of being called anti semitic and harassment by American Jews. I completely support the cause and actions of Hamas. The majority of members of Hamas are Semitic peoples.
As long as Hamas and Zionists , by Zionists I am not referring to all Jews as not all are Zionists, exist there will be no peace in that region.
My thoughts are with the ordinary residents of Israel and Gaza.

I feel so bad for that man in the article who lost the home he worked so hard to build.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:26 AM

1,963 posts, read 2,690,107 times
Before you comment on the latest conflict between Israel and Hamas in Gaza, you really have to read the charter upon which the terrorist group Hamas was founded.

To understand Israel’s enemy in Gaza, you have know why the group was constituted. And it wasn’t constituted to negotiate a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Hamas was founded in December 1987. In August 1988, it issued a covenant outlining its mission. The covenant has never been renounced by Hamas, even though some try to claim it is now merely a historical artifact.

Here are nine key takeaways about Hamas, taken straight from its charter.

1.) Hamas isn’t looking to negotiate a peace deal with Israel. It wants to destroy Israel. Quoting Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna, the charter reads:

“Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.”

2.) Actually, Hamas’ charter goes beyond destroying Israel. It longs for Jewish genocide:

“The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said: ‘The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.’”

3.) The international community may love the peace process, but Hamas makes it clear in its charter that it doesn’t believe in peace conferences. As its charter states:

“Initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences, are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement.”

4.) Unsurprisingly for an organization that supports Jewish genocide, Hamas’ charter is explicitly anti-Semitic. For instance, Hamas’ charter claims Jews — not just Israelis — are responsible for all wars:

“There is no war going on anywhere, without having their finger in it.”

5.) And all revolutions:

“They were behind the French Revolution, the Communist revolution and most of the revolutions we heard and hear about, here and there. With their money they formed secret societies, such as Freemasons, Rotary Clubs, the Lions and others in different parts of the world for the purpose of sabotaging societies and achieving Zionist interests.”

6.) And they also control media:

“For a long time, the enemies have been planning, skillfully and with precision, for the achievement of what they have attained. They took into consideration the causes affecting the current of events. They strived to amass great and substantive material wealth which they devoted to the realisation of their dream. With their money, they took control of the world media, news agencies, the press, publishing houses, broadcasting stations, and others.”

7.) According to its charter, Hamas is a big fan of violent jihad:

“There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors.”

8.) Hamas is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood and therefore shares the Muslim Brotherhood’s enthusiasm for “death for the sake of Allah:”

“Allah is its target, the Prophet is its model, the Koran its constitution: Jihad is its path and death for the sake of Allah is the loftiest of its wishes.”

9.) Finally, like many anti-Israel protesters who don’t seem to like Jews very much, Hamas accuses Israel of being Nazi-like an awful lot in its charter. For instance, there’s this:

“The society that confronts a vicious enemy which acts in a way similar to Nazism, making no differentiation between man and woman, between children and old people — such a society is entitled to this Islamic spirit.”

And this:

“In their Nazi treatment, the Jews made no exception for women or children. Their policy of striking fear in the heart is meant for all. They attack people where their breadwinning is concerned, extorting their money and threatening their honor.”

And this:

“The Zionist Nazi activities against our people will not last for long.”

And, finally, this:

“There is no way out except by concentrating all powers and energies to face this Nazi, vicious Tatar invasion.”

But don’t accuse Hamas of being intellectually consistent on the question of the Holocaust. Though its charter repeatedly accuses Jews of being like Nazis, in 2009 the organization protested the United Nations over teaching the history of Holocaust to Palestinian children because it was, according to Hamas, “a lie invented by the Zionists.”

Old 07-24-2014, 07:53 AM

7,102 posts, read 5,927,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I couldn't agree more. American's are fed a daily dose of propaganda by CNN, Fox, and the major networks.

And they're too unmotivated or stupid to make an effort to look at international news on the internet where they will obtain a less biased and more truthful view of events.

Americans on this forum are applauding and rejoicing in the deaths of hundreds of innocent civilians and children, 733 so far ---- what is wrong with these people? Entire families of innocent people are being wiped out and people on hear applaud it? Why? Why is Israel so great? What makes people in America perceive Palestinians all as terrorists and less than human?
Which unbiased websites would you like to provide links to that support accurate reporting without opinions? Could you provide links here:

Also, being the OP, I have read every single part of this thread and besides one troll, there has not been a single person who has applauded the deaths of innocent people being wiped out. There has been the feeling of "You Reap What You Sow" in a lot of the posts though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies