Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 10:54 PM

21,402 posts, read 10,477,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How do you know that Hamas uses civilians as a "human shield?" Just because a Palestinian civilian gets killed by a missile doesn't mean they were being used as a "shield."
Please! Who are you trying to kid?

http://www.newsweek.com/video-shows-...-forces-258223

UNRWA investigating discovery of 20 rockets found in empty Gaza school | World news | theguardian.com

Old 07-18-2014, 10:59 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,945,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
Because they have no regard for civilian casualties. Christ, their "warning" is a rocket hitting across the street.

Here's Israel's 'Knock On Roof' Warning Before Bombing Gaza Targets - Business Insider

Half the Palestinians killed so far have been civilians.
At when has two warring countries been all that caring about civilian lives in history?

Old 07-18-2014, 11:00 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,945,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
To Hamas, this not only raises funds but brings the world's condemnation against Israel. The more Palestinians killed by Israelis, the better in their mind. I bet the human shield has done more for their cause than all the rockets they have.

Imagine living in an area where the local dominant group or government wanted as many of the civilians as possible to die to make a point. I heard a man from Israel say that the difference between the two countries was that Israel uses shields to protect their citizens from missiles, while Palestine uses citizens to protect their missiles. That really says it all in my opinion.
That about sums it up!

Old 07-19-2014, 07:19 AM

893 posts, read 882,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Since 1967 Israel has been an aggressor nation. Most Americans are afraid to even discuss this because of fear of being called anti semitic and harassment by American Jews. I completely support the cause and actions of Hamas. The majority of members of Hamas are Semitic peoples.
So you believe that Israel has no right to defend itself?

How many rocket attacks must Israel endure before they are allowed to retaliate?

Im sure the response will be; B..b......bbbuuuut look at how many more Palestinians have been killed than Israelis!

Well, duh. Israel chose to spend their money on the Iron Dome defense system to save their citizens lives. Hamas buys more rockets. Hamas doesn't care if Palestinians die for their cause. It draws sympathy from the ill informed. ^ exhibit A

Hamas is semitic? LOL. Their goal is to kill all Israelis/Jews. Period. Real semitic that is eh?

Israelis goal is merely to stay alive.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:27 AM

893 posts, read 882,247 times
Quote:
I don't deny Hamas is a very bad group of people; but at the same time, look at those casualty numbers. Half of the people Israel has killed were civilians. Israel has done some wrong things too, like revenge killings by Mossad commandos, but their neighbors have wanted them dead since 1948 or so.
How many innocent Israelis citizens would be dead if not for Iron Dome? Do you really think Palestinians would spare Israelis citizens?

Israel goes to great lengths to warn citizens that bombs are coming. They call, text, drop roof knockers and leaflets. Hamas tells the Palestinians not to leave.

You cannot compare loss of life between the 2. Its not a fair comparison.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,909,086 times
Quote:
Since 1967 Israel has been an aggressor nation. Most Americans are afraid to even discuss this because of fear of being called anti semitic and harassment by American Jews. I completely support the cause and actions of Hamas. The majority of members of Hamas are Semitic peoples.
You do realize how silly this ^^ sounds given the actions of Hamas over the last couple of days/weeks right?
Even the U.N. condemns Hamas after finding missiles and other weapons stored in U.N. schools, using ambulances full of kids to transport Hamas fighters among other sick things.
Hamas is using the civilians as shields, how noble is THAT?

As I heard said on a newscast and I tend to concur "Hamas knows they cannot beat Israel with their weapons so they're hoping to use innocents being killed to garner sympathy from the world.
Might work if THEY weren't the ones hiding behind the kids using them as body armor.

Israel is not killing innocents, Hamas is.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Wow, wake up people. What Israel is doing now is committing WAR CRIMES.

Eighty-percent of the people killed over the last few days have been civilians.

The rest of the world is condemning Israel for its actions --- only in the U.S. is it supported.
Open your own eyes and understand why they were killed. Note to self, do not allow a criminal with a rocket to hide behind me and I might be ok.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
But it's the military's responsibility to minimize civilian casualties. I get it, it's hard in the environment that Hamas has created. But at least put some effort in, Israeli troops call in airstrikes, tank fire, and artillery bombardments on Gaza City with no regard for civilians.
You're right! I guess the thousands of leaflets dropped telling the population to get the hell out before attacks began, the calling of every phone number telling the residents to evacuate before it became impossible to do so and then telling them again that violence was coming to an area near them soon was showing absolutely NO regard for civilians.

The group who shows no regard for human life is the ones that hide behind kids,women while shooting at others. Wonder who THAT might be...

Old 07-19-2014, 09:00 AM
Status: "Wishing all the best of health and peace!" (set 21 hours ago)

43,380 posts, read 44,106,416 times
People need to remember certain facts:

Hamas became in control the government in Gaza because the people of Gaza voted them into power!

Hamas hides it weapons and rocket launchers within homes (or schools, etc) in order to use its population as human shields. At the same time Hamas has not built any type of defense system to shield its people in time of war. On the other hand, Israel developed the Iron Dome system to protect its civilians from the rockets which have been raining on Israel on and off now for several years since Israel vacated the Gaza strip completely. The Iron Dome system is not 100% effective for all of Israel and at least one Israeli civilian has been killed by rocket fire from Gaza.

As for the USS Liberty which one poster mentioned that was a one time incident - an Israeli mistake/accident that happened over 40 years ago.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:58 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,225,021 times
Quote:
You support Hamas? Do you also support what Adam Lanza did at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, CT? And do you support the Nazis in WWII having thrown large numbers of children into fires and watching them burn? I would expect the same type of person to support all of those. Being Semitic is moot, and is only an issue if you're a racist. The issue is civilized people versus depraved murderers of children.

When Israel attacks, it's because they see it as the only way to stop the attacks on them. When Hamas attacks, it's because they hate Israel. It's an issue of defense versus hatred. The children who die in Gaza, die because Hamas commits war crimes against them. Imagine American children being taken to Iraq by the US Army to serve as a human shield to keep Iraqi terrorists from killing American soldiers. Would you be shocked? But you aren't shocked when Hamas does the same thing with their children? That's the ultimate bias, to say it's ok for one nationality to commit war crimes against their children while being shocked at the idea of another nationality doing the same thing.

I'm not Jewish and have no friends or relatives who are, and have no reason to ever even consider visiting Israel. But I see them as being persecuted constantly, almost forever, for who they are. Enough of their children have already been murdered by people with your attitudes. It's time for everyone to start leaving them alone. And it's time for everyone to start seeing reality and understanding the violence they commit is only in self defense, and that they make a sincere effort to avoid the kinds of war crimes Hamas commits enthusiastically. Everyone in a war commits war crimes by mistake, or by having a few bad apples in their barrel of soldiers. Americans too. But they make a sincere effort not to let that happen, and are shocked and dismayed when it does. Hamas commits war crimes as part of their overall strategy. It shouldn't take much brains to see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.