Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 11:07 PM

21,453 posts, read 10,555,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That is not true. The U.S. has supplied over $2 billion towards the building of these domes and arrows etc.

Congressional Report :

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf
I'm sure we are getting some major benefits to our own defense system by helping fund the Israelis' creation of the Iron Dome. Money well spent in my opinion. The Iron Dome hasn't killed anyone. It has saved lives.

We've also given approximately $4 billion in foreign aid to Palestinians since the mid-1990s. From what I've read, Hamas is pretty well funded by Iran in the military aid department.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:49 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,795,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
The nation of Israel is EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL.

The majority of Americans do not approve of our Government's blind support of everything Israel does.
Ok Mr. Leftist Obama loving Democrat.

Explain why so many liberals and Obama lovers support Hamas, an party that wants to take the Palestinians back to the dark ages and impose Islamic Law on women and everyone?

I feel that it's one thing for loony lefties to fret about the civilian deaths and Israel's response..... by you yourself said you support Hamas and it's goals (do you even know what they are?).

Why should Jerusalem and the rest of Greater Israel be solely ruled by radical Islamists and not a two state solution?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Old 07-22-2014, 02:20 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,531,545 times
I'm so sick of both these child governments. Draw a line and shut the hell up.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:08 AM

621 posts, read 981,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm sure we are getting some major benefits to our own defense system by helping fund the Israelis' creation of the Iron Dome. Money well spent in my opinion. The Iron Dome hasn't killed anyone. It has saved lives.

We've also given approximately $4 billion in foreign aid to Palestinians since the mid-1990s. From what I've read, Hamas is pretty well funded by Iran in the military aid department.
But you do realize though how people tend to conveniently ignore facts not supporting their arguments.

I wish they were evenly matched or otherwise had some form of mutually-assured-destruction to get them both to the negotiating table instead of killing innocents under whatever pretext/ justification.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:59 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,871,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
The nation of Israel is EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL.

The majority of Americans do not approve of our Government's blind support of everything Israel does.
LOL. Repeating "EVIL" in capital letters sixteen times over isn't exactly the most comprehensive and convincing debate on this topic.
You probably thought you were in the P&C forum.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:10 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,976,016 times
I didn't really want to start a debate by posting this, simply another viewpoint that is not heard about much on the major news networks.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:10 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,871,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by local2rtp View Post
But you do realize though how people tend to conveniently ignore facts not supporting their arguments.

I wish they were evenly matched or otherwise had some form of mutually-assured-destruction to get them both to the negotiating table instead of killing innocents under whatever pretext/ justification.
Two problem with this is:
1.) The US has traditionally been a peace-maker of sorts in negotiating between both sides in the Arab-Israeli conflicts, with some at least temporary successes. Unfortunetly our current administration has been notably lacking in that area. There is a vacuum of sorts now. Egypt, of all countries, stepped in to arrange a cease fire, which Israel accepted. Hamas responded with more rockets.
2.) Hamas itself, recognized as a terrorist organization by just about all the countries on earth. Fatah was bad, but you could negotiate with them. PLO was bad, but they moderated. But Hamas has one goal - destruction of Israel. How can you negotiate with leadership with those goals?

Old 07-22-2014, 08:01 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,245,330 times
Quote:
IF they were such an aggressive nation?---they are currently, RIGHT NOW, bombarding innocent civilians in Gaza from the air, the ground, and the sea* ----resulting in 344 Palestinian deaths, including 83 children.

IF.....????

* While other nations stand by and do next to nothing.

Israel will not even allow emergency humanitarian aid from Red Cross in afflicted areas tonight! Aggressive and deadly.
Posting terrorist propaganda should be a felony. Freedom of speech should not cover enemy propaganda. You're acting as if you were a tool of the terrorists, increasing the odds of more children dying, by trying to deceive confused people into supporting the terrorists.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:12 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,245,330 times
Quote:
From 2005 to 2012 there have been :

2332 Palestinian deaths and 61 Israeli deaths.

I'm sure there's more recent data, but the ratio is probably even more lop-sided by now. So, yes, this looks like a fair conflict....if you can't do math.

Al Jazeera <<=== O my god! no no!
The Palestinians kill their own children, by using them as human shields. Israel does its best to defend its citizens from Palestinian attacks. Palestine wants more attacks by Israel, because each one is useful propaganda to deceive people such as yourself into supporting terrorism and the murders of children.

The 2332 is 2332 murders by Palestine of Palestinian children. The 61 is 61 murders of Israelis by Palestine. The 61 is much smaller because Israel makes a sincere effort to defend civilians, while Palestine wants more civilian deaths to use as propaganda, spread by people like you.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:13 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,987,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
When you massacre hundreds of women and children you are all be assuring a new generation of people hell bent on revenge. There is defending yourself and there is outright mass murder. Israel has crossed that line. The U.S. needs to back off its unwavering support of Israel. They always had blood on their hands as well.
And exactly how would you suggest they go about protecting themselves? Give more land? That worked well so far. How about money? Nope, hasn't stopped it even though Hamas has been given billions.
I know, maybe all jews should just walk themselves into the ocean. That'd stop Hamas....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.