U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2014, 07:17 AM
 
16,437 posts, read 19,131,529 times
Reputation: 9518

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

Alexander Hamilton was a scumbag and was killed in a duel.
For which we should be grateful or we would have had the Federal Reserve a 100 years earlier.

 
Old 07-17-2014, 08:02 AM
 
640 posts, read 671,466 times
Reputation: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, of course. That's it. It's just racism. Here's what you can do with your mouth:

I assume you are saying that because you are black. Would I be correct? I wonder if you realize how many blacks agree with the criticism of Obama, and believe he is incompetent? Oh, but they are just "Uncle Toms." Right?

Would you say all criticism of Bush is just "racism?"

The problem with such stupidity is that it ignores the clear evidence of his incompetence, the mess he has made of everything he touches, including the mess he has made in the Middle East (everything we see happening in the Middle East today started with Obama's policies, supporting the so-called "Arab Spring," and the Muslim Brotherhood (a terrorist organization). Of course, you'll disagree and blame Bush.

Obama is an anti-American, Marxist/socialist (Progressive) collectivist.

If you think that criticism is leveled only because of the color of his skin, you are an ignoramus.

Yes I am black. Second of all I do not agree with everything Obama has done while in office just like MOST black folks. So lets get that out the way first. I have never in my lifetime seen a President criticized for EVERYTHING he does or shall I say TRY to do. That's where the RACISM comes in at for me. Every President prior to Obama has done some good and some not so good things. FACT!! Now you are the one who is ignorant if you can't see that the underlining factor behind SO MUCH criticism is because he is BLACK. FACT!! I'm about to prove how racist some of you are. Name some things he has done in office that has been good? Once again its not about the criticism because no man is perfect and no President has been perfect wouldn't you agree? But it's the AMOUNT of criticism and the purposeful sabotaging of EVERYTHING he tries to implement admitted by the GOP. They have come straight out on several occassions and basically said there who'll agenda is to BLOCK EVERYTHING he does or tries to do. Now you name me ONE President that has happened too? You can't name one and you say that it has NOTHING to do with race. Are you white because if so that's just typical white man talk, which is NEVER to admit any wrong doing about ANYTHING as if some of ya'll are perfect. Another FACT!! Get your mind right.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 08:18 AM
 
1,696 posts, read 1,463,130 times
Reputation: 1445
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
He was known for being highly efficient and intelligent and won commendations for such.

To suggest that Nixon was not smart is to say that you don't care about evidence, because gosh darn it, he is a (liberal) Republican that had scandals.
Oh, Nixon was smart. My grandfather went to High School with him. They were both members of the Society of Friends. But many smart people have a blind spot when it comes to whether an action is moral or 'right'. We now call them sociopaths. They are very bright but cannot see how their actions affect others and don't really think about other people all that much. They see every action only as it impacts themselves and what they want. They can be friendly one moment and cold the next. They'll drop you in a heartbeat if they find you can't serve their ends. They make excellent criminals.

When you look at Nixon's record and the memories of people around him, you start to see that he had a lot of the classic signs.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 08:29 AM
 
16,755 posts, read 9,106,172 times
Reputation: 6781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Oh, Nixon was smart. My grandfather went to High School with him. They were both members of the Society of Friends. But many smart people have a blind spot when it comes to whether an action is moral or 'right'. We now call them sociopaths. They are very bright but cannot see how their actions affect others and don't really think about other people all that much. They see every action only as it impacts themselves and what they want. They can be friendly one moment and cold the next. They'll drop you in a heartbeat if they find you can't serve their ends. They make excellent criminals.

When you look at Nixon's record and the memories of people around him, you start to see that he had a lot of the classic signs.
I agree.

I am not arguing that the man didn't have glaring faults. Just that it is pure nonsense fantasy land crap that posters on here are saying he is not smart while ignoring a mountain of evidence that he was smart - and then propelling JFK forward as one of the smartest based on flimsy speculation.

I also find it troubling that some think it is logical to equate success as president with IQ to the point where 'Nixon can't be smart, he was forced to resign'.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 09:50 AM
 
4,709 posts, read 3,503,685 times
Reputation: 4416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Oh, Nixon was smart. My grandfather went to High School with him. They were both members of the Society of Friends. But many smart people have a blind spot when it comes to whether an action is moral or 'right'. We now call them sociopaths. They are very bright but cannot see how their actions affect others and don't really think about other people all that much. They see every action only as it impacts themselves and what they want. They can be friendly one moment and cold the next. They'll drop you in a heartbeat if they find you can't serve their ends. They make excellent criminals.

When you look at Nixon's record and the memories of people around him, you start to see that he had a lot of the classic signs.

You've just described Barack Obama.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,660 posts, read 11,119,732 times
Reputation: 7888
Some people have a high I Q and lack common sense. They have no reasoning ability at all. Obama fits the bill.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 10:48 AM
 
1,696 posts, read 1,463,130 times
Reputation: 1445
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
You've just described Barack Obama.
I knew someone would say it. Of course, it's nonsense.

Nixon gave off no warmth, no charisma. He was a deeply unhappy and conflicted individual with a huge helping of paranoia. More like Dick Cheney than President Obama.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
2,739 posts, read 2,600,804 times
Reputation: 1434
Academically Woodrow Wilson was the smartest US President ever.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Maryland about 20 miles NW of DC
6,111 posts, read 5,075,122 times
Reputation: 2428
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Great news for Obamabots worldwide:

It has been determined that Barack Obama has made the list of the Top 50 Smartest Presidents of All Time! While that is subject -- and highly likely -- to change in the coming years, that is certainly an accomplishment to be proud of.

Top 50!

The former leader of The Choom Gang is one of the top 50 smartest presidents......Michelle, for the second time in her life, is proud of her country!

I HOPE you never CHANGE, BarackO The Whacko™!

Unless the list includes foreign presidents it isn't too difficult to make a list of the top 50 smartest Presidents of all time since only 44 men have taken the Oath of Office and served as President of the United States of America.
 
Old 07-17-2014, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Ohio
2,801 posts, read 1,830,316 times
Reputation: 1646
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Laurence Tribe did say that Obama was one of his 2 brightest students ever. But Obama does make a lot of grammatical and pronunciation errors. He never learned the proper use of 'lie, lay, laid.' He doesn't know what 'beg the question' means, and couldn't even pronounce Comiskey Park,

Nonetheless I would rate Obama as the most intellectual prez of my lifetime. Of all time it would be James Madison and Woodrow Wilson. All three were disasters as Presidents.
'
So ... Bush Jr. couldn't say Nuclear ..

My take is Thomas Jefferson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top