U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 07:30 PM

9,995 posts, read 11,668,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Did I hallucinate Obama being twice elected president? If not being elected president, then what qualifies one to be listed as a president???
Yep, the wingers post stuff like that (Obama is not a REAL president!!!!), and expect folks to listen to their other points of view. Folks are just too ideological these days.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:47 PM

640 posts, read 671,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Surprisingly, you sure haven't exhibited it here. You own some of the least educated and idiotic remarks in the whole thread.
Just because I dont agree with some folks on here that makes my remarks idiotic? If you say so. I'm done going back and forth with some of you clowns.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:43 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,872,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is a joke, right? what recovery? We have over 50% of the labor force still unemployed, and unable to find work. We have more people on government assistance than at any time in our history. Obama has increased our debt to an unimaginable level, and his so-called "stimulus" bills were mostly doled out to his friends in "green" industries (most of which have since gone bankrupt). "Cash for clunkers" was an absolute disaster, destroying thousands of usable vehicles and driving up the cost of used cars — to say nothing of the shortage of good used cars it caused. And that's only a small part of the story of his "recovery."
Do you have a link for your claim that 50% of the labor force is unemployed? Official unemployment is down to 6.1%, on a steady downward trend for the last 4+ years. U6 unemployment is down to 12.1%, also on a steady downward trend for the last 4+ years. When you use misleading statistics, you damage your credibility.

Our debt is simply not at an unimaginable level, as will be discussed below. Stimulus helped--if you don't remember the nasty days of 2008-2009, private spending had fallen off a cliff and corporate money was sitting on the sidelines. Stimulus temporarily propped up demand.

Quote:
Big deal. He would have been found eventually anyway.
Well, he was found under the Obama administration, after the Bush administration had tried and failed to find him for seven years.

Quote:
At the same time, Obama, through his support of terrorists (the "Muslim Brotherhood"), is responsible for the deaths of millions of innocent people and the complete destabilization of the Middle East. Gee, what a wonderful accomplishment.
The Muslim Brotherhood has never been designated a terrorist organization by the United States. The only countries to so designate it are: Egypt, Syria, UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Russia. It is a political movement that has been repressed by dictatorship in Egypt for decades. But please do link to Obama's purported support of terrorist and responsibility for the deaths of millions. Once again, misleading "statistics" damage your credibility.

Quote:
And in doing so, has trampled the rights of others, and destroyed the concept of "marriage" by marginalizing it.
You may think that gay people do not deserve equal rights, but you are increasingly becoming part of a minority of Americans, thankfully.

Quote:
Actually, the number of uninsured has not been reduced at all, and may actually have increased, as insurance is less affordable for many who were previously insured.

No one who needed it was denied treatment prior to the passage of Obamacare. That is the law.

Health care has not been "reformed" at all, and it didn't need to be reformed. We have (had) the best health care system in the world. What is happening now is peoples choices are being limited, doctors are leaving the profession, and many who are not leaving are refusing to accept Obamacare patients. Medical technology will suffer (because of the "medical device tax").
Gallup disagrees with you on the number of uninsured, and they are much more credible. U.S. Uninsured Rate Drops to 13.4%

You are also incorrect about the US health care system being the best in the world. For years we have been at the bottom of the developed world in terms of health care outcomes and have dramatically outspent peer nations in order to reach that poor ranking.

Quote:
"Full time" work has been reduced to 30 hours, meaning incomes have fallen (fewer hours worked = less pay).
Link?

Quote:
We are only beginning to see the decline that will be the result of this unconstitutional piece of legislation.
It is not unconstitutional, per the Supreme Court. What exactly is the "decline" we are seeing?

Quote:
Making it more difficult for banks to loan money, or for people to get loans. Many other consequences, none good. I went to make a small purchase (under $5.00) using my debit card from a local retailer recently, who wanted to charge me an extra $1 to cover the fee's they must pay! That, as a result of the new financial regulations you think are so wonderful. I told the merchant to forget it, and walked out.
If a merchant imposes a fee, you blame financial regulation? Maybe you should blame the retailer, unless you can actually identify some provision of financial regulation that requires such a fee. Retailers have long hated the use of plastic for small purchases because of fees from financial institutions. Many retailers have long refused to accept cards for transactions under $5 (or higher). That has nothing to do with Dodd-Frank and everything to do with retailers trying to protect their margins.

Quote:
You must have the complete list of Democrat "talking points." Obama has had little to do with deficit reduction, and what about our debt?
So you blame Obama for the rising debt but you don't credit him for deficit reduction? In truth, the economy is responsible for both. Deficits (and debt) rose when the economy collapsed. Deficits fall when the economy rises. This administration took office during economic collapse and is overseeing steady economic growth. So the deficit falls. The important measure of national debt is not total debt, but inflation. US inflation is currently 2.1%, which is low.

Quote:
As for inflation, have you been to the grocery store lately? Beef prices? (can't even touch a rib eye steak anymore, and even ground chuck is over $3.00/lb) Even pork (not too long ago, we were buying whole pork loin for $1.29/lb. It's now $2.99/lb ON SALE, or $3.99/lb not on sale). Butter is up to $4.00/lb. (or more) — that's up from $2.50/lb.
Food is inflating faster than other consumer prices, largely due to droughts in key western agricultural states: California, Texas, and Oklahoma. Feel free to blame Obama for western drought, but I think that is silly.

Quote:
Electricity is on the rise (because of Obama's "War on coal". Our propane bill doubled last winter, because there weren't the reserves needed to cover the increase in demand for the cold. And why not (one must ask)? Could it be because of the poor energy policies of this administration?
Electricity pricing has increased steadily since the early 1970s. Increased global demand due to economic growth will do that. A historically cold winter in the northern and eastern US contributed to particularly high energy prices last winter, but the long term trend for increased energy prices is clear.

Quote:
Except that it disallowed a "safe haven" for terrorists, and our control of Iraqi air space helped to keep Iran in check. Obama squandered it all, and now the terrorists have once again free reign in Iraq, and Iran controls the air space. Not good for U.S. interests. Great foreign policy, Obama!
I think that the US invasion of Iraq actually strengthened Iran by weakening the US's position in the Middle East and dramatically increasing Iran's influence in Iraq. Do you think that the US would be well-served by a permanent occupation of Iraq? That strikes me as naive and misguided.

Quote:
Oh, please! Our "allies" (the ones who are left) don't trust Obama. They see him as the incompetent boob (they think he's a joke) that he is.
And yet they have agreed to isolate Russia, including through the imposition of sanctions that hit their own economies.

Quote:
The "War on coal" is driving up the cost of electricity, which drives our nations industries. Cheap electricity is the engine of Liberty. This is to say nothing of what it is doing to the average homeowner, already struggling to keep ahead. Remember, Obama himself declared, "Under my plan ... electricity prices will skyrocket." Why is this good? And all because of some perceived notion of "climate change," which has been proven to be a hoax.
Again, electricity prices are on a long-term increasing trend going back 40 years. Coal is a dirty fuel. It needs to be replaced. That will not happen if coal's environmental costs are externalized. They should be internalized.

Quote:
Ask him why women in his administration are not getting equal pay?
You may (or may not) be aware that the pay gap for federal workers is closing, and is smaller than that of private employers. Imperfect: yes, but your talking point ignores the importance of the Fair Pay Act.

Quote:
Resulting in more expensive and less safe automobiles (lighter weight means less safe). The need for this is also based on the perceived notion of "climate change," and also the perceived notion that the supply of oil is finite and we are running short — even as the U.S. is about to become the world largest producer of oil.

All these "standards" and regulations are based on lies.
I don't know about what you are seeing, but most vehicles I see are increasing in weight, not decreasing (and safety does not have all that much to do with weight). Climate change is not perceived, but a real phenomenon. Take a look at some scientific journal articles on the issue.

Quote:
LOL!!! That has to be the joke of the century! Iran is forging ahead with their plans. They don't give a damn about "talk" and "negotiations." What dream world do you live in?

Oh, please!!!!! Brother, are you brainwashed!
I live in the world in which Iran and the P5+1 have a joint plan of action in place that presents a real possibility of resolving disputes over the Iranian nuclear program--a plan of action that has already involved Iran neutralizing enriched uranium in exchange for the unfreezing of assets in a confidence-building measure. I like to call that world the real world.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:50 AM

16,752 posts, read 9,100,771 times

What Obama didn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies