Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:07 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
They *must of* thought the American people were pretty stupid. You know what they were RIGHT!!!!
Thank you for proving the point by putting yourself up as an example.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:22 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,172,934 times
Being able to read a teleprompter does not make one smart. Barack is a mushmouth when he has to think on his feet. He is nothing but the product of affirmitive action and handlers.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:53 PM

639 posts, read 820,792 times
By the way some of you all talk, it sounds as if some of your parents/grandparents did a good job of instilling white superiority/supremacy in your heads. Some of those same paents/grandparents probably were some of the same people who were for segregation and against equality for all NOT just for one particular group. HATERS

Old 07-16-2014, 04:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Harvard law prof Laurence Tribe once said that Obama was one of the two brightest students he ever had, so I don't doubt his intelligence.

However we all know that there is a large dose of bs artistry in word-oriented fields such as law, history, literature, etc. By contrast, in engineering, when you indulge in bs, the bridge falls, the plane crashes, and the tunnel collapses. In other words you can't fake your way to being thought of as smart.

There have been two engineer presidents--Hoover and Carter. Ironically both were progressives (contrary to the stock Dem meme about Hoover). And both are often considered as failed presidents. There must be a lesson in there somewhere. Maybe that even smart people can be persuaded of dumb ideas.

BTW, Ahmadinejad (loony former president of Iran) was also trained as an engineer.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:29 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Oh good lord. Barack Obama is an idiot. He's not book smart. He's Affirmative Action smart. He's I-Got-Elected-Because-I'm-(Half)Black-Smart. He's the Anti-Bush Smart. He's the Bastard-Child-Of-Radicals-Smart. He's Pay-Millions-To- Hide-All-My-Records-Smart. He's Run-Everything-Through-A-Political Filter-Smart. He's Blame-Everyone-But-Me-Smart. He's Lead-From-Behind-Smart. He's Failed-Leader-Smart.

He's worthless in every sense of the word. The average Barnes and Noble consumer could run circles around Barack Hussein Obama.
I concur!

Old 07-16-2014, 04:36 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Obama? LOL. No. He's not that stupid and would probably beat some of the most undistinguished intellects among the Presidents, but then so would George Duhbya Bush. Those two are an even match. But neither are great disciplined thinkers, either. There are books marts, street smarts, people smarts, common sense smarts. Obama would be more along the lines of suck up toady smart. The guy who's smart enough to be able to get you to use him and tell him what to do and go way farther that way then he'd ever hope to be able get on his own. We joke and call him a cretin or an imbecile or a stooge based on his effete behavior and idiotic decisions but he's only doing what he's being told to do. He's a bad person, though. Definitely.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:09 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,194 times
Default Smart ., Good question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
"smartest" ? cannot be proven.
You have a point . You can be book smart, but not street smart. Obama is Book Smart, but not very street smart. We see the results today.

I think, Ron Reagan and Clinton has the talent of being both. The 2 men could appeal to the average guy and pull both sides together to get things done.

The other point is having the right people around you that can tell the President Good or Bad, in the decision process.

A true success of any President is the ability to reach out to your political foe!

Old 07-16-2014, 05:41 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
You have a point . You can be book smart, but not street smart. Obama is Book Smart, but not very street smart. We see the results today.

I think, Ron Reagan and Clinton has the talent of being both. The 2 men could appeal to the average guy and pull both sides together to get things done.

The other point is having the right people around you that can tell the President Good or Bad, in the decision process.

A true success of any President is the ability to reach out to your political foe!
Obama? Just because you have a law license and lectured in a College doesn't mean you are a Constitutional Attorney.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:41 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Most likely Andrew Johnson, if your talking street smarts.
Calvin Coolidge was very keen, too.
JFK was most likely the most intelligent.
From what I've read, JFK wasn't that intelligent. His brother Robert was the smart one in the brood. Tge oldest was groomed to be president, but he died during the war so Jack was next in line.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:50 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,032 times
Yes President Obama is the smartest ever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies