U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-16-2014, 04:58 AM
 
37,613 posts, read 14,602,833 times
Reputation: 23849

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Kinda hard to take care of business when the opposition is bound and determined to vote no on every piece of legislation thats put forth, an attitude that hopes the President fails,is relegated to a one term President, obstruction rules,500 filibusters. The question is when are the Repubs going to assume responsibility and start working with the Dems to fix the countries problems instead of sitting on their butts and voting no on everything.
My favorite metaphor for this is how a group of folks take the nation's bus out for a spin. They drive recklessly, banging the bus up, refusing to put decent gas in it, and eventually drive it off into a ditch.

A new driver gets in and tries to rally help in getting the thing back on the road but the old group stands in the way, refusing to help, calling the bus driver names, throwing mud balls at the folks who are trying to dig the darn thing out.

When they finally get the bus back on the road and barely chugging along, firing on only a few cylinders, the old crowd starts complaining on how much is being spent on getting it going again.

Then they proceed to blame the bus driver and the group that got the bus out of the ditch for all the troubles with the bus.

Geez Louise.

 
Old 07-16-2014, 07:14 AM
 
Location: Pensacola, Florida
2,125 posts, read 1,195,643 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Kinda hard to take care of business when the opposition is bound and determined to vote no on every piece of legislation thats put forth, an attitude that hopes the President fails,is relegated to a one term President, obstruction rules,500 filibusters. The question is when are the Repubs going to assume responsibility and start working with the Dems to fix the countries problems instead of sitting on their butts and voting no on everything.
Obama has failed. He will be a non-factor in the elections because no Democrat will ask for his support in their bid for re-election. Obama is finished and he knows it.
 
Old 07-16-2014, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Cold Springs, NV
4,576 posts, read 9,563,855 times
Reputation: 5034
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Obama has failed. He will be a non-factor in the elections because no Democrat will ask for his support in their bid for re-election. Obama is finished and he knows it.
Those filled with hate said the same about Bush. He will be a former POTUS and will always be remembered in our culture just as others have. Your claim is a SIMPLE single partisan claim without merit, or fact!
 
Old 07-16-2014, 07:45 AM
 
34,177 posts, read 41,117,869 times
Reputation: 29621
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
My favorite metaphor for this is how a group of folks take the nation's bus out for a spin. They drive recklessly, banging the bus up, refusing to put decent gas in it, and eventually drive it off into a ditch.

A new driver gets in and tries to rally help in getting the thing back on the road but the old group stands in the way, refusing to help, calling the bus driver names, throwing mud balls at the folks who are trying to dig the darn thing out.

When they finally get the bus back on the road and barely chugging along, firing on only a few cylinders, the old crowd starts complaining on how much is being spent on getting it going again.

Then they proceed to blame the bus driver and the group that got the bus out of the ditch for all the troubles with the bus.

Geez Louise.
A simpler analogy is you hire a guy to drive the bus but you never give him the keys, then you hurl hate venom and vitriol at the guy for not driving the bus,ultimately suing the guy for not driving the bus..

As for looking at Obama as a failure? #132 even with total obstruction from the repubs heres a short list of his accomplishments.
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/mag...5.php?page=all

Longer list=
http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-accomplishments/

Obama will go down in the history books as a very successful President and will live happily ever after once his time in office is over.

Last edited by jambo101; 07-16-2014 at 08:08 AM..
 
Old 07-16-2014, 08:08 AM
 
13,705 posts, read 6,273,184 times
Reputation: 14435
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Obama has failed. He will be a non-factor in the elections because no Democrat will ask for his support in their bid for re-election. Obama is finished and he knows it.
Technically yes, this is his last term so he is about finished. No big secret.
 
Old 07-16-2014, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Pensacola, Florida
2,125 posts, read 1,195,643 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
A simpler analogy is you hire a guy to drive the bus but you never give him the keys, then you hurl hate venom and vitriol at the guy for not driving the bus,ultimately suing the guy for not driving the bus..

As for looking at Obama as a failure? even with total obstruction from the repubs heres a short list of his accomplishments.
Obama’s Top 50 Accomplishments by Paul Glastris, Ryan Cooper, and Siyu Hu | The Washington Monthly
Obama will go down in the history books as a successful President and will live happily ever after once his time in office is over.
He's already polled out as the worst President in history - even bypassing Bush. Get real. He never ran even a lemonade stand and it shows. He's a charismatic politician who knows how to buy votes with taxpayer money. He has total distain for our Constitution and refuses to enforce any law he does not agree with. He has violated his oath of office.
 
Old 07-16-2014, 08:18 AM
 
13,705 posts, read 6,273,184 times
Reputation: 14435
That's interesting, I thought he taught constitutional law for 12 years.
 
Old 07-16-2014, 08:32 AM
 
Location: Pensacola, Florida
2,125 posts, read 1,195,643 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Technically yes, this is his last term so he is about finished. No big secret.
Right and left finally agree: Obama has checked out - Darrell Delamaide's Political Capital - MarketWatch
 
Old 07-16-2014, 08:34 AM
 
Location: Aiken, South Carolina, US of A
1,762 posts, read 3,817,177 times
Reputation: 3549
Your right, half of the US is on some kind of government handout.
Lets seee, lets cut Social Security out altogether.
Geee, that's a big savings, just think of all the older people on
Social Security that won't get it anymore.
OK, what's next?
Medicare!!!!! Yea, lets get rid of that too.
Why even bother providing something for older people who can't
afford health insurance policies?
THen they will all die sooner, and save everyone a whole lot of money.
Ok, what's next?
Defense! Yea, we spend more than any country on earth
lets stop being the worlds soliders and policemen.
Ok, now that we have eliminated almost all of what the USA is spending,
Lets make a flat tax.
Flat tax on everyone and that includes CORPORATIONS that pay NOthing
NOW.
Our deficit will be gone in a year.
Of course, there won't be any jobs, but who really cares?
The funeral industry will be hopping.
I say we keep The affordble care act though, without it, the young
strong people of this country will all die off, and then no one will be left.
Oh yea, just the rich.
Like I said, no one will be left.
 
Old 07-16-2014, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Pensacola, Florida
2,125 posts, read 1,195,643 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That's interesting, I thought he taught constitutional law for 12 years.
I have concluded that READING is above the pay grade of any liberal. One must constantly repeat what one said because it is a liberal's natural nature to get it wrong. I said he never ran even a lemonade stand. He had no BUSINESS MANAGEMENT experience in any field. And it shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top