U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 11:01 AM

51,683 posts, read 41,621,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
So I guess Republicans are down how Obama isn't helping black people.
I doubt the people marching on the south side are republicans.

I will say this much though....whatever community organizers were involved in that march will never see a job for their nephew at the fire department or be elected alderman or have their wife elected to a paid board position somewhere in the city etc etc etc.

Rocking the boat in Chi-town doesn't pay the bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 11:24 AM

39,136 posts, read 20,262,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Maybe they should have thought about what a fraud obama was before they all voted for him because he was black ! This is what you get when you vote with your heart instead of your head.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

And then they vote for a man based on his color.

The jokes on you!

Old 07-15-2014, 12:25 PM

29,610 posts, read 16,351,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, by all means insult them while cheering that they are not happy with the government. I bet you do not even see the problem with your post, those of your ilk rarely do.
Its a reality, sorry you cant face that fact.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:34 PM

33,046 posts, read 21,956,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
They want their gubbemint cheese and Obama isnt giving it to them.

Didn't gubbermint cheese go away 20 years ago?

Old 07-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 2 days ago)

47,632 posts, read 45,275,083 times
This is the way I see it. I can understand some Black people feeling disappointed by the President. However, I also look at it like this. Since when has any President cared about Black people living in the "hood"? None. No President cared when Chicago had extremely high violent crime rates in the 1980s. No one cares when New Orleans had recorded murder rates in the 1990s. No President cared when Detroit was emptying out. The way I see it, President Obama is just like every other President. And speaking of amnesty, Reagan was the first to sign for amnesty. Fact is, no one has really cared.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:24 PM

2,907 posts, read 3,027,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

And then they vote for a man based on his color.

The jokes on you!
If you think that most blacks didn't vote for obama only because he's black, you are living in fairyland.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:44 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,856,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
So I guess Republicans are down how Obama isn't helping black people.
Yeah you got it right, what is your point. I want to see the black communities helped any day over illegals.

And why hasn't Obama done anything about Chicago. The black residents have a right to to be pissed with their President, whom they voted for and believed in.

Why don't you get down on the party you voted for, who isn't helping black people!

Infact Obama isn't helping anyone but his own agendas, part of helping out illegal law breakers!

He does not have to do anything now to convince you, he does not need your vote. So in a way, he used a lot of voters to secure his vote by lying.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:45 PM

7,491 posts, read 3,505,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
But does he care since he's not running for relection? Has he ever cared about them after he got their vote? How's their unemployment rate?

"Black residents of Chicago’s South Side, who recently rallied to decry a spate of violence in the city, ripped President Obama for ignoring their plight while pushing for funding for illegal immigrants at their expense. Demonstrators blasted the Obama administration’s inaction in Chicago while federal funds are earmarked to help the roughly 50,000 illegal immigrants who have crossed into America since October."

Obama slammed by black Chicago residents: 'Worst president ever' - Washington Times
If White people got shot in a shopping mall, then Obama would have been on TV denouncing it. This was just poor Black people though.

I had a discussion the other day with someone who's solution to the rash of gun violence over the 4th of July in Chicago was background checks & banning assault rifles. It was like bringing your car to the mechanic with a blown engine & having the mechanic spend all day checking your tire pressure. I asked why he wouldn't touch the real gun violence issue of poor, inner city minorities killing each other with stolen/illegally purchased hand guns? No matter what, he absolutely would not discuss the most obvious issue we face. Of course he was White, so that kind of violence doesn't effect him. That and God forbid a White person point out that the problem lies in the Black community.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:47 PM

51,683 posts, read 41,621,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the way I see it. I can understand some Black people feeling disappointed by the President. However, I also look at it like this. Since when has any President cared about Black people living in the "hood"? None. No President cared when Chicago had extremely high violent crime rates in the 1980s. No one cares when New Orleans had recorded murder rates in the 1990s. No President cared when Detroit was emptying out. The way I see it, President Obama is just like every other President. And speaking of amnesty, Reagan was the first to sign for amnesty. Fact is, no one has really cared.
^^^This.

Which goes hand in hand with my commentary about how not having big donation money and being a guaranteed vote for a single party pretty much means you are completely screwed politically.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:48 PM

5,157 posts, read 3,595,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
But does he care since he's not running for relection? Has he ever cared about them after he got their vote? How's their unemployment rate?

"Black residents of Chicagoís South Side, who recently rallied to decry a spate of violence in the city, ripped President Obama for ignoring their plight while pushing for funding for illegal immigrants at their expense. Demonstrators blasted the Obama administrationís inaction in Chicago while federal funds are earmarked to help the roughly 50,000 illegal immigrants who have crossed into America since October."

Obama slammed by black Chicago residents: 'Worst president ever' - Washington Times
Like everybody that voted for obuma, they are just going to have to suck it up and enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies