U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-15-2014, 01:50 PM
 
51,924 posts, read 41,791,093 times
Reputation: 32396

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
If you think that most blacks didn't vote for obama only because he's black, you are living in fairyland.
Blacks were going to vote for whomever was democrat. However, in the 2008 primaries they clearly voted for him over Hillary and the consensus reason was racial. So, in that sense they did pretty much push him over the top in what was a close race with hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-15-2014, 01:51 PM
 
Location: metropolis
734 posts, read 820,831 times
Reputation: 1430
Blah. He is too busy helping illegals to be bothered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2014, 01:51 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 11 days ago)
 
48,098 posts, read 45,475,380 times
Reputation: 15328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Blacks were going to vote for whomever was democrat. However, in the 2008 primaries they clearly voted for him over Hillary and the consensus reason was racial. So, in that sense they did pretty much push him over the top in what was a close race with hillary.
Actually, I disagree with this. Blacks were supporting Hillary over President Obama. Once President Obama won Iowa, a state that has around 90% White, that is when Blacks started to go for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2014, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,461,405 times
Reputation: 6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the way I see it. I can understand some Black people feeling disappointed by the President. However, I also look at it like this. Since when has any President cared about Black people living in the "hood"? None. No President cared when Chicago had extremely high violent crime rates in the 1980s. No one cares when New Orleans had recorded murder rates in the 1990s. No President cared when Detroit was emptying out. The way I see it, President Obama is just like every other President. And speaking of amnesty, Reagan was the first to sign for amnesty. Fact is, no one has really cared.
Agreed, Obama is just like any other politician. Which is why they should be angry with him. He promised that he would be different. Hope and change and all that. He is more partisan than most past presidents and it can be argued that he panders to big business as much as any Republican ever did. This one more than most also panders to illegals at the expense of his own nation. They have every right to be disappointed in Obama. He is a habitual liar and a failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2014, 01:53 PM
 
Location: St Paul
7,510 posts, read 3,527,653 times
Reputation: 4739
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the way I see it. I can understand some Black people feeling disappointed by the President. However, I also look at it like this. Since when has any President cared about Black people living in the "hood"? None. No President cared when Chicago had extremely high violent crime rates in the 1980s. No one cares when New Orleans had recorded murder rates in the 1990s. No President cared when Detroit was emptying out. The way I see it, President Obama is just like every other President. And speaking of amnesty, Reagan was the first to sign for amnesty. Fact is, no one has really cared.
I couldn't rep you again, but I tried. Obama, just like every other President, regardless of Republican/Democrat, doesn't give a rats azz about poor Black people unless it's election time. As I've pointed out before, Black folks were so starved for a hero they actually thought the son of an African diplomat, raised in Indonesia & then Hawaii by his White Grandmother before heading to the Ivy League for his Law degree was one of them. For the life of me I'll never understand why Blacks vote for "More of the same" every time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2014, 01:53 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,894,299 times
Reputation: 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is the way I see it. I can understand some Black people feeling disappointed by the President. However, I also look at it like this. Since when has any President cared about Black people living in the "hood"? None. No President cared when Chicago had extremely high violent crime rates in the 1980s. No one cares when New Orleans had recorded murder rates in the 1990s. No President cared when Detroit was emptying out. The way I see it, President Obama is just like every other President. And speaking of amnesty, Reagan was the first to sign for amnesty. Fact is, no one has really cared.

You are pretty intelligent. Wouldn't you agree that our First Black President, should have been the one to help black people. Would that not have been the right thing to do. After all I remember him making promises to do just that. Hold him accountable, and why would you not.

But Obama is different, he promised a lot of things to a lot of voters, to secure that vote of his, don't need you now, don't need your vote either. Easy to see where his priorities are, with illegals over black people actually over all Americans.

You said one very smart thing, President Obama is no different then any other President. Why all the excuses for him then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 11 days ago)
 
48,098 posts, read 45,475,380 times
Reputation: 15328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^^This.

Which goes hand in hand with my commentary about how not having big donation money and being a guaranteed vote for a single party pretty much means you are completely screwed politically.
Basically, economic power.

There is still one thing to consider. I look at it like this. When it comes to the Black vote, Democrats have taken it for granted, and Republicans basically have a "let them eat cake" mentality when it comes to the Black vote. I'm convinced neither party really cares at all. One pretends to care, the other doesn't. It leaves this question: Who to turn to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2014, 02:03 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 11 days ago)
 
48,098 posts, read 45,475,380 times
Reputation: 15328
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You are pretty intelligent. Wouldn't you agree that our First Black President, should have been the one to help black people. Would that not have been the right thing to do. After all I remember him making promises to do just that. Hold him accountable, and why would you not.

But Obama is different, he promised a lot of things to a lot of voters, to secure that vote of his, don't need you now, don't need your vote either. Easy to see where his priorities are, with illegals over black people actually over all Americans.

You said one very smart thing, President Obama is no different then any other President. Why all the excuses for him then?
I'm not making any excuses for the President. I'm just saying, it is what it is. He is not any different from any other President. If President Obama is expected to help Black people, then it should be expected from every other President as well. I'm holding the President to the same standard as everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 11 days ago)
 
48,098 posts, read 45,475,380 times
Reputation: 15328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I couldn't rep you again, but I tried. Obama, just like every other President, regardless of Republican/Democrat, doesn't give a rats azz about poor Black people unless it's election time. As I've pointed out before, Black folks were so starved for a hero they actually thought the son of an African diplomat, raised in Indonesia & then Hawaii by his White Grandmother before heading to the Ivy League for his Law degree was one of them. For the life of me I'll never understand why Blacks vote for "More of the same" every time?
Well, I don't understand why anyone would find it surprising that Black people would find a hero in President Obama. I don't. He looks alot like Black people here in the USA. His background didn't shield him from any racism in the USA. And he knows that. Many saw a hero in him because up until now, no Black person has ever thought that a Black man could ever be President. No one thought he would be the same until later on.

The difference between Democrats and Republicans is this, at this time. Republicans don't care either way, and don't pretend. Democrats pretend when its election time. The question is this. Who do Blacks turn to now?

Perhaps Blacks vote for "more of the same" because there is little to know trust for Republicans, and basically, who does one turn to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 11 days ago)
 
48,098 posts, read 45,475,380 times
Reputation: 15328
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Agreed, Obama is just like any other politician. Which is why they should be angry with him. He promised that he would be different. Hope and change and all that. He is more partisan than most past presidents and it can be argued that he panders to big business as much as any Republican ever did. This one more than most also panders to illegals at the expense of his own nation. They have every right to be disappointed in Obama. He is a habitual liar and a failure.
Reagan basically came up with amnesty and was good to big business. Same with President Bush. I'm not saying the Black persons protesting against him in Chicago don't have a reason. I'm saying "we expected more from President Obama than anyone else, and it didn't work out as we hoped". I didn't even see it coming.

Fact is, no one really cares about poor Black people in the ghettos. Sad as it is, it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top