U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 08:13 PM

16,436 posts, read 16,534,546 times

Advertisements

Meaningless..................95%+ of African Americans would vote Presidente Hussein into office for a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, etc, etc, term.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 08:24 PM

47,974 posts, read 45,435,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
No, it looks like they want Obama to take care of his fellow Americans FIRST, instead of Illegal foreign invaders with their hands out.

After all he's supposed to be this country's president.

Obama doesn't really care about Chicago, his priorities are elsewhere.

It seems that the hope and change BS luster has worn off about 5 years ago.

It is encouraging to see some of the sheep break free AND think for a change.
Actually, this is how I see it. He isn't the first to pull for amnesty. Reagan did that in the 1980s. And it isn't just Chicago. What about New Orleans? What about Newark? What about Detroit, Oakland, St. Louis, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Memphis, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh,etc. The sad thing is, no President has really cared about the poor Black population living in ghettos. No one. I think what has disappointed many is that President Obama wasn't different from any other politician. Fact is, no one really cares about the poor Black population, neither Democrat or Republican.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:24 PM

3,879 posts, read 3,291,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Wasnt helping black people the point of the thread, how is it a deflection to say so ?
Yea, it was a reply to what sounded like sarcasm, if it wasn't I stand corrected.

But back to the topic, many Americans expected Obama to be honest and keep his word about transparency in his administration.

It's easy to see that often times it is his supporters/ ex supporters that would be the most disappointed in his actions.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:26 PM

51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well maybe if Republicans actually tried harder, maybe Blacks would come to them more. I haven't seen any outreach on the part of Republicans.
Why? Like I said, that's not the low hanging fruit.

Both parties are nothing but a bunch of ho's.

They aren't going to waste energy chasing hard to get votes from a segment without deep pockets.

Just like Obama started finally throwing out some pro-gay stuff when 2012 got near and the gays were like "Obama isn't doing sh*t for us". They got some attention after that. Weird huh? Threaten to cut off the free milk and bam! You get some help.

P.S. Obama did propose the colossally stupid STEM program to help blacks going to college to get into the science etc. fields. Um....you need to start EARLIER than that. That's like starting a basketball program for Asians because there aren't enough of them in the pros.....at age 18. That stuff needs to be aimed at gradeschoolers....not highschoolers.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Yea, it was a reply to what sounded like sarcasm, if it wasn't I stand corrected.

But back to the topic, many Americans expected Obama to be honest and keep his word about transparency in his administration.

It's easy to see that often times it is his supporters/ ex supporters that would be the most disappointed in his actions.
Kind of like how supporters expected the same from other Presidents. I will admit, I did vote for former President George W. Bush in 2004. He ended up disappointed me, especially after the way the Katrina disaster was handled.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:

Bingo.

I voted for him in 2008. Freakin' Bush 3.0 after he got elected.

My relative was a huge Obama fundraiser and volunteer. I love them but most would call them a far left environmentalist. I think they'd like to poop in his boots if they ever went camping with him at this stage.

Monsanto CEO head of the FDA? Tell me Obama isn't a republican (D).....tell me.....lie to me. lol.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:32 PM

8,399 posts, read 5,302,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
But does he care since he's not running for relection? Has he ever cared about them after he got their vote? How's their unemployment rate?

"Black residents of Chicago’s South Side, who recently rallied to decry a spate of violence in the city, ripped President Obama for ignoring their plight while pushing for funding for illegal immigrants at their expense. Demonstrators blasted the Obama administration’s inaction in Chicago while federal funds are earmarked to help the roughly 50,000 illegal immigrants who have crossed into America since October."

Obama slammed by black Chicago residents: 'Worst president ever' - Washington Times
The cynical nature of conservatives is pathetic. conservatives actively wouldn't have anything to do with those black residents in poor neighborhoods.

There is a reason, those residents don't make appeals to conservatives, because they know conservatives wouldn't lift a finger to help. So they complain to the people who they feel will listen to there pleas.

And they should complain. I have no problem with voters complaining about politicians when they feel their issues aren't being addressed.

But the headline is sensationalistic and misleading.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, this is how I see it. He isn't the first to pull for amnesty. Reagan did that in the 1980s. And it isn't just Chicago. What about New Orleans? What about Newark? What about Detroit, Oakland, St. Louis, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Memphis, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh,etc. The sad thing is, no President has really cared about the poor Black population living in ghettos. No one. I think what has disappointed many is that President Obama wasn't different from any other politician. Fact is, no one really cares about the poor Black population, neither Democrat or Republican.
But that's the point.

Further irony that early in the thread some of our resident far-left poo-poohed the whole thing because so few were protesting.

That's the key....despite all of this....his "core" lets him get away with it because they are blind out of party loyalty.

For every foaming at the mouth insane birther.....there is a doe-eyed fool rationalizing every corporatist, illegal vote pandering action he takes. Neither of course sees it.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why? Like I said, that's not the low hanging fruit.

Both parties are nothing but a bunch of ho's.

They aren't going to waste energy chasing hard to get votes from a segment without deep pockets.

Just like Obama started finally throwing out some pro-gay stuff when 2012 got near and the gays were like "Obama isn't doing sh*t for us". They got some attention after that. Weird huh? Threaten to cut off the free milk and bam! You get some help.

P.S. Obama did propose the colossally stupid STEM program to help blacks going to college to get into the science etc. fields. Um....you need to start EARLIER than that. That's like starting a basketball program for Asians because there aren't enough of them in the pros.....at age 18. That stuff needs to be aimed at gradeschoolers....not highschoolers.
I was merely responding to someone who said that Blacks won't listen to the Republican Party. Truth is, I'm convinced the Republican Party really does not care that this point.

I never paid much attention to the pro-gay stuff until after the election.

I didn't even know a STEM program had been passed. I kept hearing about some stuff with NASA. However, I never knew much about the details of the STEM program. The way technology has been changing, one needs to start young.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The cynical nature of conservatives is pathetic. conservatives actively wouldn't have anything to do with those black residents in poor neighborhoods.

There is a reason, those residents don't make appeals to conservatives, because they know conservatives wouldn't lift a finger to help. So they complain to the people who they feel will listen to there pleas.

And they should complain. I have no problem with voters complaining about politicians when they feel their issues aren't being addressed.

But the headline is sensationalistic and misleading.
Lolz...complaining about conservatives not lifting a finger when the residents protesting in a ****hole neighborhood...walled off from the rest of the city, with murder rates 40x higher than the nice areas....have been living in a democratically controlled city since Al Capone was around.

And you want them to appeal to reps? Bwah hah hah hah. Reps don't ever win elections in Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies