Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 07:30 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

My sister and I were discussing politics and this illegal imigration problem
She told me she listens to this talk show where they go out into the streets and ask people questions, like
Who is the Vice President of the U.S.

the horror is, people don't know?

I even wrote, that a family friend served on Homeland security, and the terrorists are here, they have camps here and someone wrote,

Your crazy, they are not here?

Well, they were here during 911 were they not, taking flying lessons and living in America.

The Boston Bombers were here and living here in the U.S.

But I guess I must be lying?

I mean, these people vote....and they only vote according to their political party, but that is all they know, they don't know any more, they don't care nor do they want to know any more????

and these people vote?

What's your take?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 07:37 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
She told me she listens to this talk show where they go out into the streets and ask people questions, like

I even wrote, that a family friend served on Homeland security, and the terrorists are here, they have camps here and someone wrote,

Well, they were here during 911 were they not, taking flying lessons and living in America.

I mean, these people vote....and they only vote according to their political party, but that is all they know, they don't know any more, they don't care nor do they want to know any more????

and these people vote?

What's your take?

The average American has an IQ of 96, thus being below normal intelligence. Beyond IQ, most Americans are more interested in reality television and sports than politics. Further we have a nation in which essentially half pay no taxes and/or are on government support.

As long as there are Americans with the above characteristics, there will always be democrats.

If the 2012 election taught us anything, it is that an inferior candidate can be placed in the White House by low information morons. Do not count out another liberal presidential candidate in 2016 for these very same reasons.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:43 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The average American has an IQ of 96, thus being below normal intelligence. Beyond IQ, most Americans are more interested in reality television and sports than politics. Further we have a nation in which essentially half pay no taxes and/or are on government support.

As long as there are Americans with the above characteristics, there will always be democrats.

If the 2012 election taught us anything, it is that an inferior candidate can be placed in the White House by low information morons. Do not count out another liberal presidential candidate in 2016 for these very same reasons.
yes, I hear you, and wonder, Keep us stupid, that way it is easier for a government take over.....

Promise people anything and they will believe you....

It is a shame how everything in the U.S. has deteroriated, including accurancy in job performance.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:46 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,396,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Actually, liberals have higher IQs than conservatives on average. As a matter of fact the more conservative one is the lower the IQ...or so I have read.

Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives | Psychology Today

Old 07-13-2014, 08:00 AM

26,457 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Actually, liberals have higher IQs than conservatives on average. As a matter of fact the more conservative one is the lower the IQ...or so I have read.

Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives | Psychology Today
Obama won 70% of the High School Drop Out vote.

Very high IQ tends to be liberal, but not exclusively. Little or no education also tends to vote Obama.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:11 AM

88,960 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Actually, liberals have higher IQs than conservatives on average.
Doesn't seem to make sense. IQ is positively correlated with educational attainment level (higher education level, higher IQ) and with income level (higher income, higher IQ).

64% of those who never even finished high school vote for Democrats.
http://cdn-media.nationaljournal.com...013_12_columns
Source: CNN

And higher income earners are more likely to vote Republican.
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt...0vs%20Vote.png

Old 07-13-2014, 08:12 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
You do realize that the talk shows that highlight ignorant people in man-on-the-street interviews are EDITED to show that, do you not? They do not show all the people who knew who the VP is. They only show the stupid answers that get a laugh and let the audience smirk with illusions of superiority. Try not to be so gullible.)

Last edited by Ponderosa; 07-13-2014 at 08:25 AM..

Old 07-13-2014, 08:14 AM

1,245 posts, read 922,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Very high IQ tends to be liberal, but not exclusively. Little or no education also tends to vote Obama.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:16 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,852,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

and these people vote?

What's your take?

My take?

My take is that the vast majority of Americans have little or no critical thinking skills. And a stunning majority probably do not understand how the media manipulates "the news".......even in 2014.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:22 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Little or no education tends to not vote at all, actually. But when they do, they vote for the person who best represents their interests. That makes them smarter than many other voters in that regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies