U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 06:45 PM

23,244 posts, read 11,491,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Eric Holder has a lot of issues, many of them his own creation. But one thing he has is a BFF (no, not 'boyfriend forever') in Baroke Obama.

I don't think the Justice Department has ever been as big as a joke as it is right now, but I would be shocked if Holder resigns much before Obama leaves. So it would appear that we're stuck with these two talking turds for the next couple of years.

I'm not a Politico fan, but this was an interesting read that sheds some light into who may be the worst Attorney General of the last 30 years.

The Survivor - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO Magazine
Republicans deciding to hate government when Democrats are in control does not make any part of government a joke, it just shows your own bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I am viewing Holder in his entirety. The U.S." is a nation of cowards", etc. He has a chip on his shoulder that is glaringly obvious.
You claim you are viewing him in his entirety and yet you post a quote out of context ? LOL !!!!

Do you actually disagree with either of the quotes being discussed here ?

Old 07-13-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
So the "racial component" is for some people instead of for all people. We didn't know that? That makes his statement even less profound. The point the poster was making is that Holder finds a racial motivation for everything, and he's said so--from opposition to any administration policies to business owners having the audacity to run background checks on prospective employees.
That was indeed the point of the OP, which is why the OP is wrong. The Op was claiming he was calling everyone racist when in reality he was simply saying some people are indeed racist.

Do you disagree ?

Old 07-13-2014, 06:50 PM

7,371 posts, read 4,625,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Yeah, that's why he said "for some people" but cons like the OP are incapable of reading the actual words. Once race is mention, they automatically assume themselves personally are being called racist. It makes you wonder what they do in their personal lives when they instantly lash out when anybody mentions race about anything with "No, we're not, you are."
So all you have to do is add the word "some" and then you can make whatever asinine and moronic comment you like? I don't think so. Eric Holder is in a position of authority. You don't get to make any flat out stupid and insulting remark you like and then make it all okay because you didn't make an absolute statement. That's a completely lame attempt at defending what he said. Try harder.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:02 PM

3,216 posts, read 1,852,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You claim you are viewing him in his entirety and yet you post a quote out of context ? LOL !!!!

Do you actually disagree with either of the quotes being discussed here ?
If you want to limit it to one quote, then I will say that Holder did not specify everyone opposing President Obama as racist. I will however hold to my view that Mr. Holder could find racism in belly button lint. Does that clarify my position?

Old 07-13-2014, 07:35 PM

4,709 posts, read 3,495,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Republicans deciding to hate government when Democrats are in control does not make any part of government a joke, it just shows your own bias.
One, I'm not a Republican, so that just shows your own ignorance to assume that if someone speaks out against a Democratic administration, they are a Republican.

This isn't about "hating government". This is about the Justice Department failing to perform their job without bias.

If you cannot see that this is a problem, then no amount of explaining will enlighten you.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:36 PM

8,890 posts, read 5,050,749 times
i read that article too and all i got out of it was , eric is a bigot

Old 07-13-2014, 08:07 PM

3,092 posts, read 3,445,740 times
When Obama was first running for President, he called Bill Clinton a racist. That term when he slung it out there the first time had such a stigma that it really had a chilling effect on public debates and discussions. Obama used it quite effectively. So he and others, including Holder, continued to use it when Obama found people disagreeing with him. I worked for a while. Now, everyone is just over it. It's stupid, useless, ineffective and a non-event. It just really makes Holder look worse than he already is. Even the press is starting to call out this kind of stuff.

That is not to say that racism is not alive because it is. It is insidious, uncalled for, and everyone needs to call it out when they see it happening, fight against it and squish it. Everyone is created equal. Everyone.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:12 PM

3,216 posts, read 1,852,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
When Obama was first running for President, he called Bill Clinton a racist. That term when he slung it out there the first time had such a stigma that it really had a chilling effect on public debates and discussions. Obama used it quite effectively. So he and others, including Holder, continued to use it when Obama found people disagreeing with him. I worked for a while. Now, everyone is just over it. It's stupid, useless, ineffective and a non-event. It just really makes Holder look worse than he already is. Even the press is starting to call out this kind of stuff.

That is not to say that racism is not alive because it is. It is insidious, uncalled for, and everyone needs to call it out when they see it happening, fight against it and squish it. Everyone is created equal. Everyone.
Thank you for this post!

Old 07-13-2014, 08:17 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,838,791 times
When the facts are against you; out comes the race card. They need to dry off the race card and put it away. It isn't effective anymore. And I didn't even read what he said and furthermore I don't care what he said. Their creditability was gone long ago. Calling someone else a racist is just an excuse for ones own shortcomings. Quit complaining and get to work. LOL.

Seriously, I am so tired of the whiny crybabies of this administration. Instead of doing something positive, they keep trying to put the blame for their lack of effectiveness on others. Call out the National Guard and protect our borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies