U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-15-2014, 06:47 PM
 
Location: So Cal
40,210 posts, read 39,738,202 times
Reputation: 41673

Advertisements

We're living in sad sad times.

When this kind of stuff gets glorified, the whole thing is completely horrific, this young cop's live was just treated like a dirty diaper, something to be just thrown out.

I don't know how we get to a point where being a "thug" is something to aspire to, and even if you say, by some twisted logic, because of some kind of possible police abuse in the community, how in the world is ambushing someone who is completely unaware of what was coming some kind of glorious event anyway, seems like the epitome of cowardice........ sick twisted logic here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-15-2014, 06:53 PM
 
14,248 posts, read 15,079,510 times
Reputation: 8293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Result of continuous right wing anti government hate speech spewing across talk radio and faux news 24/7 365!
Now there's an original, thought provoking thought.

"Fox News' fault!!!!!!"

How's the lefty media playing it, since you brought it up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2014, 07:09 PM
 
77,900 posts, read 33,233,798 times
Reputation: 15573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We're living in sad sad times.

When this kind of stuff gets glorified, the whole thing is completely horrific, this young cop's live was just treated like a dirty diaper, something to be just thrown out.

I don't know how we get to a point where being a "thug" is something to aspire to, and even if you say, by some twisted logic, because of some kind of possible police abuse in the community, how in the world is ambushing someone who is completely unaware of what was coming some kind of glorious event anyway, seems like the epitome of cowardice........ sick twisted logic here.
Because you are willing to understand that this problem is bigger than one event doesn't mean you think this is a glorious event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2014, 07:33 PM
 
2,732 posts, read 3,082,807 times
Reputation: 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
What in the f--king hell?

This is a symptom of a larger problem that afflicts our nation. There is something seriously wrong with inner city culture and Urban Black culture in particular.
I agree. There are many components to the problem, but the main problem is the "thug/gangbang culture" that started somewhere in the early 80's out west and moved east.

The inner city culture, particularly the urban black culture, is now overrun by the thug mentality. In the thug culture, cops are hated for absolutely no reason and in that culture a young person can "earn a stripe" for shooting at cops, or behaving belligerent as possible towards cops.

Back in the old days cops and correctional officers were off limits. Nowadays, nobody is safe. Not even women or children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2014, 07:50 PM
 
9,760 posts, read 8,093,553 times
Reputation: 13177
I her apology statement she said she saw her husband only once or twice a week. The family's actions with the memorial will spawn copycat cop killers.

To quote Ford Fairlane, "so many a__holes, so few bullets".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2014, 07:52 PM
 
Location: NJ
16,813 posts, read 11,748,622 times
Reputation: 10809
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
reporter should have been suspended. countless white kids without fathers kill people on a daily basis in america. look at the vegas white a week ago. you see no mention about family issues. that was just stereotyping of blacks by that white. i dont know about the details surrounding this case, but many on here have said worse about cops and i myself am not a fan of cops.
Statistics show otherwise, conclusions based on stats not prejudice. Feds had been basing crime fighting and safety strategies on statistics not some fairy tale or urban legend.

?countless white kids ...kill... on a daily basis?????????? sure they do and you probably believe that!

Plenty of people with family issues have not yet killed a cop.

Murders of mostly blacks go unsolved in places like Detroit because 'the community' refuses to cooperate. This lack of cooperation ensures more blacks will be murdered by other blacks. So who is prejudiced?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2014, 07:35 AM
 
Location: NYC
1,788 posts, read 1,966,002 times
Reputation: 3424
No report on what medications the killer was on? Maybe he was depressed, maybe his parents were divorced. Chemical imbalance? bipolar?

Why are the actions of this "lone gunman" being ascribed to the entire black community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2014, 08:45 AM
 
29,419 posts, read 18,674,778 times
Reputation: 5437
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
No report on what medications the killer was on? Maybe he was depressed, maybe his parents were divorced. Chemical imbalance? bipolar?

Why are the actions of this "lone gunman" being ascribed to the entire black community?
Or maybe he was just an ahole?? Why everybody always tries to peg a "reason" somebody does stupid sheet is beyond me. There are just bad folks in the world. They used to kill each other off........now with all the meds and warning labels they lay in wait to kill the good folks instead of offing each other. Welcome to utopia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2014, 09:10 AM
 
3,624 posts, read 3,079,508 times
Reputation: 1504
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
No report on what medications the killer was on? Maybe he was depressed, maybe his parents were divorced. Chemical imbalance? bipolar?

Why are the actions of this "lone gunman" being ascribed to the entire black community?

this. its always the inidvidual when a white male goes postal every week and kills people, yet when its a black gunman we have to have a discussion about blacks in general committing crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2014, 09:41 AM
 
26,182 posts, read 18,884,167 times
Reputation: 14037
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
this. its always the inidvidual when a white male goes postal every week and kills people, yet when its a black gunman we have to have a discussion about blacks in general committing crime.
there scarcely any discussion of the crime on this thread, because the topic is the community's reaction to the cop-killer getting shot for blasting a cop point-blank in the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:59 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top