U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 03:16 PM

2,687 posts, read 1,836,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, by all means let's ignore that someone else allowed their small child to wander over to a strange dog tied to a poll and try and huge it, nope nothing wrong there at all.
The dog should not have been tied to the pole in the first place.

This isn't a chicken or egg, which came first problem, what know what happened first, someone tied a dangerous dog to a pole, in public, and walked away.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:19 PM

29,419 posts, read 18,657,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Not everyone knows what kinda of animal you about to approach and the 2 year old doesnt know anything!
True the kid and the mutt were just doing what they do.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:09 PM

13,325 posts, read 7,311,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
It makes no sense, does it? The person at blame here is the moron who left a dangerous, vicious dog tied to a pole in public while she went out panhandling.
Where did you hear she was panhandling?

Old 07-16-2014, 05:12 PM

13,325 posts, read 7,311,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Yeah, because homeless transients ask permission.
Yeah, the business wouldn't be able to call the police to have them removed now would they?

Old 07-16-2014, 05:13 PM

14,920 posts, read 11,121,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Where did you hear she was panhandling?
The local newscast I watched yesterday on TV.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:35 PM

3,947 posts, read 3,173,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
how many gun deaths do we need to ban guns? as with guns, it isn't the gun it is the owner.
No its not. Im sick to death of this argument. There are incidents over and over and over of pitts attacking people, and the owners always say....Snookums is the sweetest dog, he's raised with my kids, he's never done this before!

Im also sick of the argument that "all dogs bite". Yes they do, but they dont kill. Pitts kill. Snookums raised with little children will kill.

Our shelters are loaded with pitts, and no one will take them. There may be a few that are good dogs, but it seems like the majority have an aggressive streak in them, that you just never know when they will attack someone.

I love dogs, but I refuse to be within 50 feet of one.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:15 PM

6,554 posts, read 3,258,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I know a lot of people who will defend pit bulls, but there's something about them that seems inherently psychotic. Don't like the breed, owners need to keep a close eye on them.
Not true. I've known pit bull owners in my life; they're not bad dogs. Like all dogs, a good owner will be able to make them behave in a friendly way. That's just how it works.

With that said, the owner shouldn't have left that dog unattended. That's just irresponsible.

Speaking of irresponsibility, what were the parents doing while this went down? It's incredibly stupid to let a young child hug a strange dogs, especially since many dogs won't like stranger hugging them in the first place.

There are a lot of people at fault here. The dog is not one of them.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:58 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,259,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair
I don't care who bite kids. Stop raising dogs to bite.
Yes its really sad...... WHY ANYONE WOULD LEAVE A DANGEROUS DOG UNATTENTED IN PUBLIC is beyond me!!

Poor baby

Old 07-16-2014, 09:41 PM

20,569 posts, read 8,730,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A Colorado woman who allegedly left her pit bull tied to a pole in a parking lot and wandered off was arrested after the animal mauled a 19-month-old boy who tried to hug it. "The child went to give the dog a hug, and it latched onto his face," giving him serious injuries to the face and neck, a police spokesman tells the Denver Post. The toddler and dog owner Sue Tacket, 51, were in separate groups of transients traveling in motor homes who had camped in a parking lot in the Denver suburb of Commerce City.

Toddler Mauled by Pit Bull He Tried to Hug - Owner who left dog tied to pole arrested
I'm sorry but why is it the dog's fault. He didn't go after anyone, he was tied to a poll. Where was this toddlers mom? I grew up with a dog mixed with Terrier and Chihuahua and she would bit anyone that messed with her other than the family.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:52 PM

32,224 posts, read 26,059,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm sorry but why is it the dog's fault. He didn't go after anyone, he was tied to a poll. Where was this toddlers mom? I grew up with a dog mixed with Terrier and Chihuahua and she would bit anyone that messed with her other than the family.
to some people its the dogs fault because it is a big bad put bull which everyone is supposed to be scared of, so much so that these scardy cats want pit bulls banned from the world, despite the fact that its not the dog, but rather the human that caused this pit to be aggressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or