U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 06:54 AM

29,419 posts, read 18,676,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
My Chi usually keeps a flight distance and just barks at strangers, but will bite if you make a move on him or me. I always tell people he would be perfectly happy surgically attached to my hip.
My lab is the same. Barks at folks but is a big pansy when they come up to pet her. That being said you don't just leave your mutt out there for others to come along and try and pet her or what have you. I would never do that. Why these folks are at fault. You don't leave your dog to do what dogs do sometimes. I treat her like my child. I wouldn't leave my child out with a weapon and the dogs mouth is a weapon. Take care of em and be a responsible dog owner is how I look at it. Heck my old girl is a runner.......man that door cracks and she gets a shot she is gone. I chase her down immediately though. Well sometimes it takes a bit but she is old and can't run like she used to. lol

Old 07-18-2014, 06:55 AM

29,419 posts, read 18,676,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
If you tie a dog in public, it is your responsibility to insure no one can get to it. It was the owners fault for putting a dangerous dog out in public.
Yep. Your dog your responsibility. You don't want that responsibility then don't own a dog.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:59 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,620,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Not if you know what you're doing. I've had eight of them....all rescued from drug dealers, and all destined for the gas chamber.
Wonderful dogs, and very eager to please. Will take a bullet for you in a heartbeat.
I found them very easy to train, except when it came to chasing skunks. Then all bets are off.
When you figure out this one let me know!
My German Shepherd learned from 1 experience with a skunk, my border collie mix just can't get it.......... She's going to herd it or chase it!

Old 07-18-2014, 08:03 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,620,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yep. Your dog your responsibility. You don't want that responsibility then don't own a dog.
Plenty of these people around........get a dog and put them in a kennel or a chain then, wonder why the dog never runs out of energy.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:05 AM

6,868 posts, read 3,930,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Not if you know what you're doing. I've had eight of them....all rescued from drug dealers, and all destined for the gas chamber.
Wonderful dogs, and very eager to please. Will take a bullet for you in a heartbeat.
I found them very easy to train, except when it came to chasing skunks. Then all bets are off.
Right and every one I know has had pits is a liar. Don't buy it for a minute.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:07 AM

6,868 posts, read 3,930,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Some people should not have children. They are too stupid to be trusted with them. We had a 200lb English Mastiff 10 years ago and a new neighbor who brought over his 2 year old came to introduce himself....my dog was sick, old and not very happy at that time and this nut let his little girl run over to jump on my poor dog. I think my feet never touched the ground and I literally dove between the dog and child. Poor old dog did not try to bite her but if he had.....
That is a huge problem, stupid parents.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:13 AM

32,283 posts, read 26,139,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
When you figure out this one let me know!
My German Shepherd learned from 1 experience with a skunk, my border collie mix just can't get it.......... She's going to herd it or chase it!
remember that dogs are predators, and skunks are prey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Plenty of these people around........get a dog and put them in a kennel or a chain then, wonder why the dog never runs out of energy.
yep, dogs get wound up easily, and take forever to come back down, unless you walk them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Right and every one I know has had pits is a liar. Don't buy it for a minute.
right ceasar milan is a huge liar. junior is a pit, daddy was a pit, popeye was a pit, in fact milan has several pits in his pack. nad cheri lucas(look her up) also has pits, many she rescued. and ALL their pits are balanced dogs.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:06 PM

2,800 posts, read 1,761,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
Uh huh, sure... A pit bull is no more dangerous than any other breed. The pit can and does more damage than many other breeds. This is a simple matter of biology.

Pits have ferocious jaws and bite and latch more than most other breeds. They are too dangerous to be owned by the general public, without significant restrictions.

Its the same way with cats, you can own a tabby but you can't own a bobcat (without significant restrictions). Yes, they both are cats, they both can bite and claw, but one does much more damage and is much more dangerous.
Just because a pit bull can do more damage does not make it more aggressive then other dogs it all depends on how that dog was trained. German Shepard also have potential to kill humans but you do not hear much about that why is it because German Shepard's are less aggressive no because they are not breed to fight. Most any dog can kill a human if they can get to your neck.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:09 PM

14,920 posts, read 11,133,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Just because a pit bull can do more damage does not make it more aggressive then other dogs it all depends on how that dog was trained. German Shepard also have potential to kill humans but you do not hear much about that why is it because German Shepard's are less aggressive no because they are not breed to fight. Most any dog can kill a human if they can get to your neck.
My good friends have a very aggressive dog that has bitten a ton of people (including me probably a dozen times). It's a 3 pound yorkie though, so you hardly even notice.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:11 PM

8,576 posts, read 8,496,125 times
They're all different just like peoples...
Yesterday...
Loving lick: Pit bull saves deaf boy from fire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or