Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 02:46 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Where was this kid's parent? What sort of adult allows a 19 month old child to approach a strange dog and not only touch it, but hug it? The adult that was supposed to be watching this child should be arrested also.
The city where this happened isn't exactly filled with smart people. It's a dump, for the most part, so not surpising this happened there.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:54 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I saw this story on our local news and the woman was a "transient", I believe they said. Probably not the brightest bulb.

I know a couple people who've had very sweet Pit Bulls, but I still don't want them in my ciy (we have a ban). The story is always the same: "He was the sweetest dog in the world until the day he ate grandma"
The owner of the pit bull was a transient and so was the boy who was mauled, along with his mom. Apparently there were two groups of transients passing through the area and they somehow both converged in the grocery store parking lot at the same time and that is where the attack happened. Pretty weird story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
The city where this happened isn't exactly filled with smart people. It's a dump, for the most part, so not surpising this happened there.
I wonder if the odor from the nearby Purina Dog Food factory set off the attack?

Old 07-15-2014, 02:54 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Ok, dismiss scientific findings... I know how seriously to take your opinion.
The link to the study from the blog you cited was dead, so I couldn't evaluate the study. Also, it claims to be about aggressivenesss - whatever that means - not about likelihood of biting or attacking or seriously biting or seriously attacking, etc.

Feel free to send me a copy of the study. I am a scientist (chemist), so I'll gladly give you my impression of the study.

We do, however, have ample statistics about dog ownership and dog attacks/bites/deaths by breed. The statistics show that pitbulls are dangerous - much more so than other breeds. I could care less about why they are more dangerous. I don't want them anywhere near me or my family.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:01 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Studies............stats..............who cares. Some mutts bite and some don't. It aint rocket science. Your dog is a biter you KNOW it. Get rid of em if they are so. Gosh why do we even have to have all this crap.........

Old 07-15-2014, 03:42 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I see you know as much about dogs as you know about Libs.
So you are saying there are not breeders whom breed the pit bull to fight, so I guess Michel Vick had pit bulls for his family,that explains his conviction

Old 07-15-2014, 03:58 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
When a pitbull mauls someone, especially a child, the state should put them to death in the most painful, least humane way possible. For example cut off the pitbull's head...the head that caused so much pain and suffering. It's about time pit bulls experience a taste of the intense pain and death they are causing so many innocent humans.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:15 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I know a lot of people who will defend pit bulls, but there's something about them that seems inherently psychotic. Don't like the breed, owners need to keep a close eye on them.
Yep. There is a whole kennel full of them next door. I've seen them over the past year and a half, and I can tell you that they ARE different from most "normal" dogs. There is indeed something about them. There have been some huge spontaneous dog fights over there over the months--as in serious, death match, fights. The dogs have to be chained.

Thing is, I haven't seen this guy abusing or doing any sort of "training" with the pit bulls at all. They are (ALL of them) just that way from the time they grow from a puppy to an adult. The guy has kids too. I fear for them. I fear for me if they ever get off the chains and through the fence.

Note: they are not always chained. When he is around, they run free in the backyard. If they happen to get out into the neighborhood, I have no doubt there will be a lawsuit. I've never seen any other breed that seems as hostile at times and is so unpredictable--they go from "nice little puppies" to ferocious on a whim. Not even dobermans are so unpredictable--I know what to expect from a doberman. They tend to be cranky. Pits are just passive-aggressive in the extreme. At least these are. It may be anecdotal, but I've heard the same thing from others.

I call them lawsuit dogs. Has any other breed caused so many lawsuits? I'd seriously be afraid to own one, not just for my safety, but for the safety of my future and the safety of others.

Sorry... I have a very low opinion of pit bulls. Too many news stories and too many personal stories.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:20 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
I have a vicious dog who I have to hold back when we meet other people and dogs on our walks. He can't stand people and hates other dogs even more.

Chihuahuas are evil and should be banned!

Old 07-15-2014, 04:22 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
I have a vicious dog who I have to hold back when we meet other people and dogs on our walks. He can't stand people and hates other dogs even more.

Chihuahuas are evil and should be banned!
The difference is that you can complete a field goal with a Chihuahua. You'll lose your foot trying that with a pit bull.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:24 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post

I know a lot of people who will defend pit bulls, but there's something about them that seems inherently psychotic. Don't like the breed, owners need to keep a close eye on them.
I fear the youth of inner cities and some suburbs more than a pack of pit bulls. Can you pick a pit bull out of a lineup? Most people can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies