U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 06:31 AM

10,728 posts, read 6,058,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
True....the first response...."narrow mined bigot".
Reread my post. As I said, there is nothing wrong with the OP having an opinion about gays and interracial couples. He certainly has a right to view them as morally wrong if that's what he believes. Others also have the same right to see his views as narrow minded and bigoted. Why must his opinion and his right to believe what he believes be deemed acceptable, but anyone who disagrees with him not afforded the same right?

Old 07-15-2014, 06:31 AM

24,843 posts, read 32,334,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
The OP brings up a good point in that anti-discrimination laws don't really work. If you don't like a person because they discovered they were gay or are in love with someone of a different skin color, you can always find a way to discriminate against them. If you're the wedding photographer, simply "forget" to answer their phone calls or e-mails. If you're their boss, you can look for little things like how they clocked in 5 minutes late that time or saw them checking Facebook on company time.

The dumbest thing from the business's point of view is to "face the law". You really have the money and time to fight a lawsuit that you will probably lose?
Things like photography takes talent.

I would not want my important events recorded in pictures from someone that 100% is invested in the job.

I would want their best.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:34 AM

68 posts, read 45,967 times
I feel that interracial marriage/interracial children destroy history and culture of the unique people on our planet. Don't me wrong - I don't wish biracial people any ill or anything of that sort. I wish them well just as with everyone else. But they tend to be confused individuals who don't really know what they want. It is natural/genetic to want to be around people that look/act like you, hence why I don't agree with miscegenation. I just don't think it is natural. It is not what God intended in my opinion.

The funny thing is that Arab Muslims in particular frown upon (some go to extreme lengths to make sure it doesn't happen) their own marrying externally and no one says anything about that.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Reread my post. As I said, there is nothing wrong with the OP having an opinion about gays and interracial couples. He certainly has a right to view them as morally wrong if that's what he believes. Do I not also have the same right to see his views as narrow minded and bigoted? Why must his opinion be deemed acceptable but mine not?
"Have the right to call you".

You feel you have the right to call other names......and you do.

But, IMO.....the name calling is intolerant.

Now.....notice I did not call YOU "intolerant"......just the name calling.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have no recollection of anyone ever asking me face -to-face for my opinion about homosexuality or inter-racial relationships. I frankly don't understand why some people are interested in other people's sex lives or why it's anyone's business.
Like I mentioned before, I don't care about who a person sleeps with. It's not my business. I'm just saying on a moral level, I don't agree with the concept of homosexuality/miscegenation.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddoneout View Post
I feel that interracial marriage/interracial children destroy history and culture of the unique people on our planet. Don't me wrong - I don't wish biracial people any ill or anything of that sort. I wish them well just as with everyone else. But they tend to be confused individuals who don't really know what they want. It is natural/genetic to want to be around people that look/act like you, hence why I don't agree with miscegenation. I just don't think it is natural. It is not what God intended in my opinion.

The funny thing is that Arab Muslims in particular frown upon (some go to extreme lengths to make sure it doesn't happen) their own marrying externally and no one says anything about that.
OK....now you are changing the subject.

I agreed with your first post.

Now you have an agenda.

That is to bad you had to go there.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:48 AM

5,386 posts, read 4,315,285 times
Default Being against homosexuality and interracial relationships is my right

Quote:
I would like this to be an adult and civil debate. I'll start by stating who a person dates or sleeps with is none of my business and I don't wish to make it my business. However, on a moral level, I don't agree with homosexuality and miscegenation. If I see a gay or interracial couple in the street, I don't give them a mean stare or special attention - I pass them as I would any other person. I don't go on crusades, blasting them. I pretty much keep it to myself unless people directly ask, and then I reveal what I think. Why do some people, particularly liberals, always feel the need to be outraged when I reveal my views on the topic? Sometimes it is as if I just beheaded a baby. I'm not hurting anyone - I don't heckle or hurl verbal abuse towards gays or interracial couples. I just don't agree with them. What's so wrong about that? It's my right.
There is nothing wrong with you, I feel the same way. If a television program comes on with either of the above happening, I turn off the channel.
If pressed for an answer, I will state my views. Experience tells me , most who disagree get angry and wish to argue. If asked, I don't argue, I just
try to change the subject. This country is a nation of laws, and one of the most important is freedom of speech. PC is only an attempt to limit free
speech, and that is why PC is so wrong. Truth is more important than feelings. When it get to the point that we are afraid to state our views, and
beliefs, there is no freedom.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:48 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,083,045 times
Quote:

confused is white supremacist/nationalist talk. im mixed, black dad, white mom, have never been "confused" about who i am or what i want.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:49 AM

You may call me "bigoted," but I still have a right to my views. My point is I'm not hurting anyone - the way liberals react you would think I physically assaulted someone.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:49 AM

5,634 posts, read 4,860,570 times
Seems though that liberals are choosing to create fights and demand more right than those that had earned the respect of others.
Some one learned the squeaky wheel get's their way, even if it is corruptive, and it has generated into every liberal agenda.
I had been violated by gay in the past ,mostly on the east coast . I had hitch hiked across country and it seemed that because I was from California I would naturally accept these assaults to my body by strangers, which I did not .
I was literally being forced on, by these people ,it was disturbing and revolting.
Now it seems that they have forced their way into society and corrupting every aspect possible. The are not earning their way they are forcing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or