Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 12:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,405,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why would there be no way to track the human genome back through time?

Genetics are dependent on race?
It's in the nuanced "showing" of the math. It's easy enough to say Bill in Kasas City has an African ancestor so that's where the root of the tree must start. It's an entirely different thing to actually show how that ancestral lineage actually traces back whether it be through Asia back to Africa or Europe back to Africa. So, yes, even though there's only .1% difference between all know human races there is still enough of a difference to make the claim of evolutionary pressure that natural selection has played over the course of 30,000 plus years.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:46 PM

49 posts, read 39,222 times
Why should I care because you're not hurting anybody, right? Now, I would not be your friend because your views don't reflect my world. I could not have many fun conversations with you because you're the opposite of me. You could only be my associate.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:55 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,901,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Which is somewhat funny. Because I loved playing basketball when I was younger. And I'm 6'2" so it kind of made sense. And I had a black friend when I was younger that I played basketball with, who was my same height. But he could jump higher than me, had longer arms than me, was even more aggressive/competitive than me in the game. I never thought much of it when I was younger, because I wasn't a racist.

Then as I got older, I recognized that I had a really long torso relative to my height. It runs in my family, and I like to "poke fun" at my family a bit from time to time about their long torsos. Which my sister says is kind of nice. Because we "hold weight" better. My sister is currently pregnant, and she has more "room".
Pure tripe. His longer legs made him "more aggressive"? Longer arms? As I understand it, blacks have higher testosterone... makes us more aggressive. As I understand it, higher testosterone causes early closure of the caps of the long bones resulting in shorter arms and legs... ... CRAP! Its all crap. We don't know anything because there has been so much interbreeding that genetic characteristics that might once have been attributable to a particular race are now well diversified throught humanity. A perfect match for a bone marrow or blood recipient might well be a person of a completely different race. You have extremely high IQ and cerebral black people and you have thug white people. And there are people who are unduly fascinated by racial characteristics. Which is sad, because they are not racial characteristics at all but family lineage inheritances. The reason black men dominate sports... some sports is because talent scouts are LAZY. I had a white ex. We went to a jazz club. The players came out and all were white. My ex said "we're out of here! White guys can't play jazz!!" Really? I guess black men (or women) cannot play classical music at a high level either which is why there are none headlining at the usual venues. Hmmmm. Red. Its all CRAP. There is enough white DNA in your average black American to give them a snowballs chance in hell to succeed in most white endeavors. And vice versa. Word up.

H

Old 07-15-2014, 12:59 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,493,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddoneout View Post
I would like this to be an adult and civil debate. I'll start by stating who a person dates or sleeps with is none of my business and I don't wish to make it my business. However, on a moral level, I don't agree with homosexuality and miscegenation. If I see a gay or interracial couple in the street, I don't give them a mean stare or special attention - I pass them as I would any other person. I don't go on crusades, blasting them. I pretty much keep it to myself unless people directly ask, and then I reveal what I think. Why do some people, particularly liberals, always feel the need to be outraged when I reveal my views on the topic? Sometimes it is as if I just beheaded a baby. I'm not hurting anyone - I don't heckle or hurl verbal abuse towards gays or interracial couples. I just don't agree with them. What's so wrong about that? It's my right.
As long as you don't use government force to discriminate, then yes, it is your right. It is also my right to think that your views are primitive and disgusting. It is my right to call you dispicable for holding those beliefs.

*I am not a liberal, you should take off your two-party blinders.*

LOL! "I have a right to be against homosexuality, and nobody should complain... but I am going to complain about people who find my views reprehensible...."

Old 07-15-2014, 12:59 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It's in the nuanced "showing" of the math. It's easy enough to say Bill in Kasas City has an African ancestor so that's where the root of the tree must start. It's an entirely different thing to actually show how that ancestral lineage actually traces back whether it be through Asia back to Africa or Europe back to Africa. So, yes, even though there's only .1% difference between all know human races there is still enough of a difference to make the claim of evolutionary pressure that natural selection has played over the course of 30,000 plus years.
I don't think that saying that Bill in Kansas City has an African ancestor tells us about the "root of the tree". I don't think any scientists think that, either.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:02 PM

33,513 posts, read 37,061,236 times
Quote:
I just don't think it is the way God intended it to be. We are different looking for a reason. If God didn't want a diverse range of unique people populating the earth, we would have all looked alike. You may vehemently disagree with my stance and you are well entitled to do so, but please do not mistake this for me harboring any kind racial supremacy beliefs.
What do you think of the fact that you have Neanderthal genes ....Talk about mixed race! https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/neanderthal/

Old 07-15-2014, 01:04 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,293,396 times
Quote:
I just don't think it is the way God intended it to be. We are different looking for a reason. If God didn't want a diverse range of unique people populating the earth, we would have all looked alike. You may vehemently disagree with my stance and you are well entitled to do so, but please do not mistake this for me harboring any kind racial supremacy beliefs.
You have the inside scoop on how 'God intended it to be?' Does God communicate with you by text or email?
..and no, we wouldn't have all looked alike. We evolved by adapting to our environment.
Don't tell me you don't believe in evolution? It wouldn't surprise me, though.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:06 PM

68 posts, read 55,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You have the inside scoop on how 'God intended it to be?' Does God communicate with you by text or email?
..and no, we wouldn't have all looked alike. We evolved by adapting to our environment.
Don't tell me you don't believe in evolution? It wouldn't surprise me, though.
Evolution is false.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:07 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,078,020 times
Quote:
If Obama married another mixed race person, whether half Latino/half Asian, that would have been fine because they are both mixed. Same goes for the 25%/75% ratio of whatever.
I'm curious, how many races are there? Could you provide me with a list of all the races please.

I find it strange that you would consider a person who is half Han Chinese, half Spanish Basque to be the same race as someone who is half Luo Kenyan, half English (I'm saying "English" because I'm not sure if Obama's mother is primarily Anglo-Saxon, Norman, or Briton).

Also, would you please answer this question you previously ignored:

Does God not look down upon the moral transgression of race mixing?

Old 07-15-2014, 01:10 PM

33,513 posts, read 37,061,236 times
Quote:
Evolution is false.
WHAT?....Well that explains a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.