U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 04:12 PM

2,767 posts, read 2,483,411 times

Advertisements

This is a few years old, but in my opinion it shows how obnoxious some liberals can be. Another example of them thinking everything has to be about them. This is a reason why I never want to associate myself with far left values. If you want a gay marriage, fine, but don't go being in my face about it.

What do you think?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 04:18 PM

8,950 posts, read 10,155,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
This is a few years old, but in my opinion it shows how obnoxious some liberals can be. Another example of them thinking everything has to be about them. This is a reason why I never want to associate myself with far left values. If you want a gay marriage, fine, but don't go being in my face about it.

What do you think?

People should always strive to be polite. I wouldn't single out gay marriage activists, however. I could post videos of tea party activists being loud, rude and disruptive at meetings about Obamacare. Can activists be rude and obnoxious? Sure. But you'd have to have a peabrain to believe it's only on the progressive side of the aisle.

Now, in the spirit of being polite-- Have a great night.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:54 PM

26,529 posts, read 24,972,269 times
Looks like people expressing their views to me. That's the way town hall meetings go. Tempers often flare up. Surely you can't be so blind as to think that only liberals behave in a combative manner. Would you like me to post videos of conservatives behaving badly?

Old 07-15-2014, 05:24 PM

6,554 posts, read 3,268,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post

What do you think?

Have you no integrity?

Why is every other post in this section have to be "crazy conservative says this" or "idiotic liberal says this." Both sides have lunatics. Can we stop pointing it out and focus on the intelligent people who are looking to discuss? This constant fingering pointing and pretending that one side is less guilty of close mindedness than the other needs to stop. Act like adults.

I get that many like to shove gay marriage at people and throw the word bigot around. The thing is, there's a group across the street shoving the Bible at people and screaming 'abomination' at the top of their lungs. Pointing this crap out doesn't make a difference and I've really grown tired of people pretending one side is doing it more because anyone with an internet connection and a the slightest amount of objectivity can see that's nonsense.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:28 PM

83 posts, read 63,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Have you no integrity?

Why is every other post in this section have to be "crazy conservative says this" or "idiotic liberal says this." Both sides have lunatics. Can we stop pointing it out and focus on the intelligent people who are looking to discuss? This constant fingering pointing and pretending that one side is less guilty of close mindedness than the other needs to stop. Act like adults.

I get that many like to shove gay marriage at people and throw the word bigot around. The thing is, there's a group across the street shoving the Bible at people and screaming 'abomination' at the top of their lungs. Pointing this crap out doesn't make a difference and I've really grown tired of people pretending one side is doing it more because anyone with an internet connection and a the slightest amount of objectivity can see that's nonsense.
mm

Old 07-15-2014, 08:05 PM

21,303 posts, read 11,526,250 times
I thought the first woman who spoke in favor of GM did a great job, very well written speech and very much in the spirit of Democracy. The older woman I think was trying to tell the liberal peanut gallery the truth about what she was up against in the State Legislature but of course they had to be louder than the one next to them and score their points. Just reinforces my theory that the vast majority of these far leftwingers are really children inside. They need a lot of attention.

I think most of them have personality disorders so they are drawn to controversy and issues like this, I bet many of them don't even believe in what they are railing on.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:11 PM

23,235 posts, read 11,481,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I thought the first woman who spoke in favor of GM did a great job, very well written speech and very much in the spirit of Democracy. The older woman I think was trying to tell the liberal peanut gallery the truth about what she was up against in the State Legislature but of course they had to be louder than the one next to them and score their points. Just reinforces my theory that the vast majority of these far leftwingers are really children inside. They need a lot of attention.

I think most of them have personality disorders so they are drawn to controversy and issues like this, I bet many of them don't even believe in what they are railing on.
How does it make them "far left wingers" simply to support gay marriage ? Even a number of Conservatives support gay marriage.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:14 PM

953 posts, read 775,003 times
Do you think these gay marriage activists were rude and obnoxious?

and clownish, vulgar, crude, surly, repugnant, and mostly...predictable.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:21 PM

23,860 posts, read 11,854,701 times
"Were?"

Are.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:31 PM

3,557 posts, read 3,447,403 times
Let me get this right...you found a years old video so you could say why you hate liberals and equal rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies