Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 03:57 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,287,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithhtt View Post
It's easy to sell at the onset. When a decade has gone by and it takes hold of every aspect of healthcare, feel free to post again. Obama got elected using guilt and promises of free stuff. He did the same with this. We are a gullible and easily satisfied short sell target .
You mean like the Obamaphone that Bush signed into law, or the Fast Furious that was
Project Gunrunner started under Bush. Why haven't I got any free stuff? Is it like blue state tax dollars that go to support failed red state ideals? That is a Faux news regurgitated line of bs, and no more. Hook line and sinker, and please pay me less boss?

Old 07-24-2014, 04:01 PM

475 posts, read 900,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
You mean like the Obamaphone that Bush signed into law, or the Fast Furious that was
Project Gunrunner started under Bush. Why haven't I got any free stuff? Is it like blue state tax dollars that go to support failed red state ideals? That is a Faux news regurgitated line of bs, and no more. Hook line and sinker, and please pay me less boss?
No I was thinking more of
“I won’t have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won’t have to worry about paying my mortgage,” a worshipful Ms. Joseph said after attending a 2008 Obama rally at the height of his messianic euphoria stage.
That kind of thinking.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
No I was thinking more of
“I won’t have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won’t have to worry about paying my mortgage,” a worshipful Ms. Joseph said after attending a 2008 Obama rally at the height of his messianic euphoria stage.
That kind of thinking.
You can thank me later for my California federal tax dollars that supports poor red states.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:46 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times
You'll never get me to say that. Thanks to the ACA, I not only have the best insurance I've had since 1997 but I also have dental insurance I can actually afford. I'm very grateful for this improvement in my life and I truly believe Obama will come to be thrilled this program bears his name (even though it probably shouldn't).

Old 07-24-2014, 06:21 PM

475 posts, read 900,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
You can thank me later for my California federal tax dollars that supports poor red states.
No thanks. You can keep them.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
No thanks. You can keep them.
It just proves the failed GOP policy, and they have the highest per capita poverty rates. So not only can they not support themselves, they screw over their people. These Faux news viewers in the trailers keep voting them back in office.

List of U.S. states by poverty rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-24-2014, 06:56 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Is your house of cards tumbling daily? Sorry about that. It was bad law to begin with.
Any repair work has been stymied by partisanship. The ACA has warts, but the situation it was intended to cure was cancer. If the number of medical bankruptcies and premature deaths have dropped, it is a rousing success, warts and all.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:44 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Any repair work has been stymied by partisanship. The ACA has warts, but the situation it was intended to cure was cancer. If the number of medical bankruptcies and premature deaths have dropped, it is a rousing success, warts and all.
The jury is out. Wait until January 1st.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:19 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
The case against the ACA seems to grow day by day. In contrast to most liberal talking points, most Americans claim they are worse off under Obamacare.

Twice As Many Americans Say Obamacare's Hurting Them As Say It's Helping | The Daily Caller
Unfortunately, the ACA is a mess because our politicians (mostly on the right) opposed a single-payer system. Medicare for everyone would have been the right choice. They could have made it budget-neutral by whipping out the actuarial tables and figuring out how much it would cost, and applying appropriate Medicare premiums.

The blame is not all on the right, though. Hilary Clinton whiffed this in a big way when President Clinton put her in charge of healthcare reform during his term. Caved in to the for-profit health insurance companies.

Maybe when the ACA fails, we'll do the right thing.

My eighteen years in healthcare tells me our current system (even prior to ACA) is a complete mess.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:03 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Maybe when the ACA fails, we'll do the right thing.
That was the whole point of ACA by the time it got to the House floor - just get something (anything) passed, and when it inevitably begins to crumble, fix it. Eventually it will reach a point where everyone (including republicans) will have to admit that single-payer is the solution left that will actually work, and in we go. Until then we just have to live with this hideous abomination of the legislative process as it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies