Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 10:59 AM

8,242 posts, read 13,360,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Yes, they are.
I don't condone the KKK at all, but how is their hate any different than hate shown in Black Biker Week in Myrtle Beach when 7 people were shot? Or the hate shown in Columbia when 8 black teenagers beat jogger Carter Strange within an inch of his life? Hate is hate. Sad to see.

The difference is thugs versus organized card carrying thugs with a history that spans over several decades that included many influential people, politicians and business leaders....

Last edited by Woodlands; 07-17-2014 at 11:08 AM..

Old 07-17-2014, 11:29 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
The counter-rally will be several times larger.
I certainly hope so.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:51 PM

260 posts, read 299,688 times
Why is this surprising? I have noticed the attitude in the Upstate is very weird . Greenville-Spartanburg is probably the most backwards part of the state. It's like a weird evangelical christian cult, but for some reason is also racist.

I see it's cited by Charleston metro news. The Charleston metro is a more progressive part of the state.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:06 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,060,605 times
The Klan is capitalizing on opposition to immigration issues and Anti-Obama sentiments. The people need to be smart enough to distinguish between what the klan really stands for as it is not the solution to opposing Obama and immigration, it is using this as a fishing trick to grow itself.

People have to be able to see the opposite of the status quo is many many many different options and the Klan is a horrible choice. It is no better a choice regardless of how bad other choices are. It doesn't make the klan ANY better

Old 07-17-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
The Klan is capitalizing on opposition to immigration issues and Anti-Obama sentiments. The people need to be smart enough to distinguish between what the klan really stands for as it is not the solution to opposing Obama and immigration, it is using this as a fishing trick to grow itself.

People have to be able to see the opposite of the status quo is many many many different options and the Klan is a horrible choice. It is no better a choice regardless of how bad other choices are. It doesn't make the klan ANY better
I think it's a good indicator how the upstate feels. If it was another group that wasn't the Klan i think the upstate would embrace the message.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Ma View Post
Here is the typical race card playing. Everything is about Obama. Nobody can oppose Obama for any reason other we are racist. You cannot oppose illegal immigration for any reason except racism.

It should be recalled that the only Senator that was in the KKK was the late Robert Byrd, a Democrat. He was as liberal as you could be.

Greenville has more engineers than any other city in SC and one of the highest in the country. But we are backwards.

You attack Christians and people in Greenville and then act like you are tolerant. I love that. All you do is stereotype and label people racists then complain about labels in politics.
You take a few fringe people and say the entire Greenville metro is just like those people, as though no KKK or racist types live in your city and other cities.
I'm an engineer in the upstate. I'm not debating Dem vs Rep. I think they both can be equally racist. I'm not attacking anybody.

This is what I'm simply pointing out.
Map Shows Active Hate Groups In SC, NC - WSPA.com.

Where are they all located?

Also I'm not tolerant i hate everybody equally.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:14 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,323,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
Why is this surprising? I have noticed the attitude in the Upstate is very weird . Greenville-Spartanburg is probably the most backwards part of the state. It's like a weird evangelical christian cult, but for some reason is also racist.

I see it's cited by Charleston metro news. The Charleston metro is a more progressive part of the state.
Wow. There is a lot wrong with this post. I'm a black male, single, with mixed children that live with me. We've never felt this. My brother, and his white wife, with mixed children live here also. Have never felt this. How do you explain it? Been here ten years.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Oh, a map shows it.

Why do you enjoy talking about racism so much? Engineers think about interesting stuff. You don't strike me as an engineer. More like a liberal arts major type.

Racists exist. Everybody knows this. So what? Are you going to change their mind by complaining about on the internet to non -racists? Wouldn't it make more sense for you to seek out the racists and talk to them?

What do people who live in Greenville have to do with these KKK people? How are we responsible for what they think or do? It has nothing to do with Greenville.
Oh boy, I wish my parents would have let me go to school for "Liberal Arts'. My point is to point out that the "Outrage" about the KKK flyer is really quite confusing because this is the most likely place you would see that stuff. Minnesota has the same population but only 8.

The outrage about the flyer is what confuses me.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Wow. There is a lot wrong with this post. I'm a black male, single, with mixed children that live with me. We've never felt this. My brother, and his white wife, with mixed children live here also. Have never felt this. How do you explain it? Been here ten years.

Have you driven on 25 in S. Greenville?

Old 07-17-2014, 02:23 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,846,204 times
Quote:
Here is the typical race card playing. Everything is about Obama. Nobody can oppose Obama for any reason other we are racist. You cannot oppose illegal immigration for any reason except racism.

It should be recalled that the only Senator that was in the KKK was the late Robert Byrd, a Democrat. He was as liberal as you could be.

Greenville has more engineers than any other city in SC and one of the highest in the country. But we are backwards.

You attack Christians and people in Greenville and then act like you are tolerant. I love that. All you do is stereotype and label people racists then complain about labels in politics.
You take a few fringe people and say the entire Greenville metro is just like those people, as though no KKK or racist types live in your city and other cities.
Everything is always about politics with you. The only argument I've seen you not say something about politics is the Greenville vs Birmingham thread. But that'll come. Nobody can oppose your beloved upstate or you start pulling out every card that is not true or make up stuff. AVERAGE CONSERVATIVE.

Everything comes down to engineers with you. "Greenville has all these engineers and stuff. Greenville's #1 for everything in SC. Nothing in the world compares to Greenville. Nothing is on top of Greenville."-Calvin Ma (and the 20 other names he has had). Greenville may have one of the highest per capita but does not have more engineering jobs then many cities. Any place can have all these jobs, but the people that work those jobs maybe backward.

I'm not even gonna get on the case of your first sentence in the last paragraph because people can say a lot about that. I'm sure there are KKK members through out SC, but they don't do show it down here as much as the do in the upstate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies