U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 02:38 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,273,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Ma View Post
I never made Greenville out as a utopia. Your Democrat buddy said it was backwards. I simply pointed out evidence to contrary.

Yeah I'm sure you an expert on where all the KKK members live. The KKK is such a pressing problem right now. lol Not the economy, not our border, not our debt, etc. We need to focus on KKK and guessing which area is more racist than another. So many KKK members out there. It is horrible. I'm just glad I'm white. lol I guess I dont' really need to worry.

Are you stalking me on here? Follow me to another forum?

I'm good with being an "average conservative". I'm right about stuff. You aren't right about anything. Just want to accuse people of racism all day for political reasons.
Actually every thread that is not in the Gville forum you have tried to make Gville out as a utopia. Ok lets not use Greenville lets use the areas not within the GSP urbanized areas of larger cities.

Your last two sentences of your second paragraph show your adolescent mind. KKK doesn't just do racism but many other things that I refuse to name because all you're gonna say is "liberal democrat".

No I'm not stalking you buddy. I've been reading the city vs city forum since January of 2012. It's also been under my subscribed forums since I started posting.

Most of your "right about stuff" is anti-growth and anti-societal with some views based on a 2000 yr. old book. (No I have nothing against Christians or religious people for that matter.)

Old 07-17-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
You are just repeating Democrat talking points now.

I am not a Christian. I never said I was. Your comment is clearing bigoted though. Many of the most famous scientists in history were Christians. I dont' think science is your strong point. Beating up on Christians won't change that for you. Atheism does not mean you are a master of science.

How am I anti-growth or anti-society? I support lower taxes and less regulation that spurs economic growth, while you no doubt oppose it as a Democrat. Your idea of growth is government confiscating money from people and throwing it at silly projects or to buy votes from mooches. Obama has killed economic growth yet you act like you are the champion of it but I'm the enemy? Obviously you are all mixed up.

The KKK is a non-issue. You are just trumping it for political reasons.

If you have a problem with KKK, why don't you go challenge them to their face? That would be noble. Complaining about them on the internet is weak and pointless. I'm guessing they won't be changing their minds. lol

I've always said I think Greenville gets too hyped up now because of its downtown and I'm worried about all these transplants coming and it getting too built up. I've poke fun of people who basically move down ONLY for the downtown area . None of that is consistent with your silly assertion that I made it out as utopia.

It is better than most areas and certainly isn't backwards as you and others like to claim, despite never living here. I've lived other places, including Charleston and Columbia, plus DC and I worked outside of Manhattan. I'm guessing you've never lived anywhere but where you live. I think that I have a better ability to compare than you do.
Because the talking points are true.

Wow conservative and not christian, that's a first.

You can't live without taxes or do you just think people are gonna generously give to pay for things. I support no income tax but I support a higher gas tax. Pro-growth, but wanna make it harder for Uber to come in? Pro-growth, didn't want a tax incentive for Amazon? Pro-growth, and don't focus on much but industry?

The KKK is pretty much a conservative group but a little bit more radical with a history.

"Why don't I go face them?" I didn't think they support mixed people.

You think Greenville is too hyped, but wanna hype the park? You think Greenville is too hype but wanna hype it's downtown and skyline? You think Greenville is too hyped but wanna hype the mountains? I've never been through a falling rock zone in Greenville like I have in B'ham.

I have family in all those places you've named and they live there currently. Unlike you. I'm 100% you don't have a better ability to compare. I have strong points and weak points in somethings, exactly like you do.

I don't mind Greenville it's a pretty nice place. But I don't like SC much as a whole anyway.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:08 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,957,467 times
Quote:
Here is the typical race card playing. Everything is about Obama. Nobody can oppose Obama for any reason other we are racist. You cannot oppose illegal immigration for any reason except racism.

It should be recalled that the only Senator that was in the KKK was the late Robert Byrd, a Democrat. He was as liberal as you could be.

Greenville has more engineers than any other city in SC and one of the highest in the country. But we are backwards.

You attack Christians and people in Greenville and then act like you are tolerant. I love that. All you do is stereotype and label people racists then complain about labels in politics.
You take a few fringe people and say the entire Greenville metro is just like those people, as though no KKK or racist types live in your city and other cities.

It should also be recalled that Byrd denounced his membership publicly when he joined the US House of Representatives and later further denounced the organization during his time in the US Senate. He only joined the group during his time involved with state politics.

Nice try though ;-)

I've met A LOT of racist engineers while living down here. Since when did engineer equate to tolerance LOL. You have an odd thought process there my friend.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Conservative deals with the role of the government. We support limited government. It has nothing to do with religion. If you guys weren't so radical on abortion, you would have many more Christians voting for you and then all of a sudden, you would love Christians. The main reason you hate them if they don't vote for your party.

I railed against tax incentives for Amazon? I don't remember expressing a view on that. I want more jobs in SC and I'm not against tax incentives for companies in general.

Nobody ever said we don't need some taxes. We aren't undertaxed though and that is your premise.

The KKK has never been a conservative group. Conservatives are focused on role of government, not racist stuff. KKK is also very anti-Jew and Israel and conservatives are very pro-Israel. Your talking points don't hold up. And again, a prominent KKK member was Robert Byrd, Democrat, WV, and he was as liberal as Obama. Obviously being a conservative has nothing to do with if Byrd was in it and Democrats like Al Gore Sr, George Wallace and William Fullbright were fellow travelers.

I've never hyped the park. I just said it was nicer than that Railroad park in B'ham. You are free to disagree. It is a nice park though and pretty unique for a city with a waterfall and that might be the nicest pedestrian bridge in the country, maybe the world.

My mountains comments were tongue in cheek. You don't get humor and satire. I said several time's B'ham is a nice looking area. I just don't think it is superior to Greenville's scenery. Again, my opnion is non-binding. Feel free to disagree.

lol, I never hyped Greenville's skyline. I just said I prefer Greenville's lack of tall buildings to cities like Birmingham. I prefer big cities like Charlotte with more modern looking tall buildings to B'hams. It isn't an attack on B'ham, just a preference. I don't go downtown for the tall buildings. I go to eat at Barleys, Carolina Ale House, etc and stroll around a bit .

You can always move if you don't like SC. 49 other states, numerous other countries. Soundsl ike you would like Vermont or Norway.
I hate it when I see a conservative that's against big government, but they run for it. Against wasteful spending but the conservatives wanted a pay raise in the SC legislature. Why are we getting and would affairs again? That have nothing to do with America.

You said you prefer tall modern buildings like I do. Have you seen Greenvilles tallest building?

Well the KKK do hold a lot of conservative views.

Nicest pedestrian bridge bridge in America or the world. No hype? You sound like the Charleston people trying to pass off that it compares to larger much more world renowned and world class cities.

It is the conservatives that didn't want the tax incentive for Amazon and focus on industry.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:40 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,013,749 times
I don't wanna throw fuel on the fire. But.......Greenville's neighbor, Laurens, has a KKK museum: Redneck Shop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dang. Why cant they revoke that business license?

Old 07-17-2014, 03:45 PM

260 posts, read 236,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
I don't wanna throw fuel on the fire. But.......Greenville's neighbor, Laurens, has a KKK museum: Redneck Shop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's near me. Traveling on 25 through S. Greenville is a little scary.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
That's near me. Traveling on 25 through S. Greenville is a little scary.
Yeah, it is. The drive from Laurens County, with the KKK museum, and up through South Greenville is kinda scary. LOTS of gun stores, liquor stores and churches....right next to each other.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post

You didn't fuel any fire you just sparked a second one.

Well it just so happens that Calvin Ma (and all the other names he's had)is the owner of it and is also over business licensing…I crack myself up.

But I do understand the museum and the flag and everything else in remembrance people ancestors who fought in the war. But they also don't want people to forget that yes there was a civil war.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:

Show me a pediatrian bridge in the world as nice as that one in Greenville? It isn't hype if it is true.

How about compare:

The 2.5 mile pedestrian walk over the Ravenel Bridge in Charleston which gives a spectacular view of downtown Charleston, the beaches and lighthouses of the Isle of Palms, Sullivans Island and Folly Beach, the entire Charleston harbor, and extending over the horizon of the Atlantic Ocean? Complete with other goodies like the USS Yorktown, Fort Sumter, the C of C sailing school on the water, and the spot where the real Blackbeard the pirate barricaded the harbor. On a good day you'll see dolphins and some beautiful storms coming in off the ocean.

VS........

Some ducks and a creek.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSUfan View Post
You didn't fuel any fire you just sparked a second one.

Well it just so happens that Calvin Ma (and all the other names he's had)is the owner of it and is also over business licensing…I crack myself up.

But I do understand the museum and the flag and everything else in remembrance people ancestors who fought in the war. But they also don't want people to forget that yes there was a civil war.
Yeah, history is important. But, I wouldn't want a Nazi museum. Include it in a much larger museum as a part of history, sure. Hell, Charleston is loaded with history, from Blackbeard the pirate, to George Washington, to some of Americas first settlers at Charles Town landing, to the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, and all the wars since with the USAF and Navy bases......first public library in America too.

But a blatant museum that is meant for hate rather than educational/historical documentation is just wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies