U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 04:02 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,273,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin Ma View Post
Did you actually read what I wrote? lol I said that I prefer cities that don't have a lot of tall buildings downtown.

I said that I prefer the tall modern buildings of Charlotte than the older looking buildings of Birmingham. But I don't prefer tall buildings downtown in general. It kills the vibe I think.

Ok, well you haven't backed up your assertions that KKK hold a lot of conservative views. What are their views beyond the racist stuff? I don't remember KKK members talking about free markets and talking about debt and tax hikes. lol They aren't John Locke or James Madison. They just hate blacks and Jews. Actually, given KKK's hatred of Jews and Israel, they were really opposed to IRaq war as a result. So if I was a hack like you guys, I would say you are a racist because you opposed the Iraq war. lol Anybody can make false accusations of racists.

Show me a pediatrian bridge in the world as nice as that one in Greenville? It isn't hype if it is true.

lol, well thanks for telling me what conservative believe. I think actually a lot of Democrats oppose giving tax incentives for Amazon and other companies to come here. because they want government to get that money.
You do hate it when I point out stuff that conservatives are against but vote for it. And then still try and switch it up and tell lies and conspiracies.

Look it up and you will find that they are almost the same.

Adding more people DT kill the vibe wow.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:05 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,013,749 times
Quote:
pretty sure nobody in Greenville cares about laurens. lol it is almost as close to the Columbia metro as Greenville anyway.

I'm just curious, at what point b/t Greenville and Columbia does it immediately become Not Racist or Racist depending on which way you are going? lol Just amazing this Not Racist City is only 1.5 hours from a Racist City.

B/c I'm thinking that there isn't much difference b/t people in the various regions of the state. lol

?? Laurens borders Greenville. Clinton and Newberry are between Columbia and Laurens. So...no, its not closer to Columbia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurens...ens_County.svg

The regions of SC are a bit different. In many ways, and not all good or bad. Just different. For example, high school football is HUGE in the upstate. I love it too, and miss the time I was up there to enjoy it. In Charleston??? Summerville football is big. But outside of that...its not a big deal at all. Just another sport that some kids play in the fall. In fact, soccer and lacrosse seem to be as popular, if not more, than high school football here.

Just one of the many little cultural differences throughout the state.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:06 PM

4,541 posts, read 6,405,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
Have you driven on 25 in S. Greenville?
I know the area like the back of my hand. If a rebel flag is what you're talking about, that's nothing.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:08 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,273,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Yeah, history is important. But, I wouldn't want a Nazi museum. Include it in a much larger museum as a part of history, sure. Hell, Charleston is loaded with history, from Blackbeard the pirate, to George Washington, to some of Americas first settlers at Charles Town landing, to the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, and all the wars since with the USAF and Navy bases......first public library in America too.

But a blatant museum that is meant for hate rather than educational/historical documentation is just wrong.
Well at least it's in the upstate and not in the better areas of the state (midlands and low country).

Old 07-17-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
lol, that is a vehicle bridge over a harbor, that they tagged a pediastrian sidewalk on. Not the same thing at all. I'm talking about a bridge in an urban area ONLY designed for pediastrians.

You get a good view of the ghetto up on Ravanel and the smell of the paper plant. Dont' forget about that. lol Plus N. Charleston in the distance.
Well, that "sidewalk" is two lanes, one for people, one for bikes, and is just as wide and much longer than the Reedy bridge. So....if you wanna be technical, ok. But its a better view for walkers for sure.

You don't smell the plant on the Rav. The inward ocean breeze keeps it all in North Chuck, closer to the Don Holt/526 bridge. Sorry to burst your bubble haha.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
guess what, I don't want to talk about laurens. have fun with that. lol newberry is considered part of Columbia and laurens isn't far from newberry. All I'm asking is where is this great dividing line where people become more or less racist in SC.

lol, soccer is as popular if not more in Florence, so what. Who cares about high school sports and how popular it is. I'm a grown man, y are you a soccer mom, bruh? Lol

I never got the impression high school sports like football is a bigger deal here than anywhere else. Football is a popular sport throughout the country. I never saw what is fun about soccer myself , lacrosse is probably ok but it goofy when you are watching.
I know you don't. Where is the dividing line?? Mile marker 76 on I-26, how about that?

HEY WAIT....Florence???

YOU'RE BACK hahaha!!!?? "Pelham", "Esso" or whatever your....what, 25th new post-ban screen name is??? Wow. You are a piece of work.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
lol, it isn't a pedestrian bridge, bruh. Thousands of cars go over it every day. This isn't be "technical". lol

You get a good whiff and view of dead bodies in the Cooper River.

Hmmm. I big ass long stretch of raised concrete, where pedestrians can walk over a big ass river.

Yeah, that's not a "pedestrian bridge".

You are bringing up dead bodies, compared to Greenville County...the murder capital of SC?

Old 07-17-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I dunno wut you are talking about but you and your race carding playing clones appear to be the freakshows. lol

have fun thinking about racism bruh, I got to do some work
Yes you do "Francis". Or any of your other past banned names.

You just don't want us to report you and get you banned again. Well, you seem to be a bit more mannered, so we'll see

Old 07-17-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSUfan View Post
Because the talking points are true.

Wow conservative and not christian, that's a first.

You can't live without taxes or do you just think people are gonna generously give to pay for things. I support no income tax but I support a higher gas tax. Pro-growth, but wanna make it harder for Uber to come in? Pro-growth, didn't want a tax incentive for Amazon? Pro-growth, and don't focus on much but industry?

The KKK is pretty much a conservative group but a little bit more radical with a history.

"Why don't I go face them?" I didn't think they support mixed people.

You think Greenville is too hyped, but wanna hype the park? You think Greenville is too hype but wanna hype it's downtown and skyline? You think Greenville is too hyped but wanna hype the mountains? I've never been through a falling rock zone in Greenville like I have in B'ham.

I have family in all those places you've named and they live there currently. Unlike you. I'm 100% you don't have a better ability to compare. I have strong points and weak points in somethings, exactly like you do.

I don't mind Greenville it's a pretty nice place. But I don't like SC much as a whole anyway.
A person can be conservative and not religious. I'm fiscally conservative but not religious at all.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
I don't wanna throw fuel on the fire. But.......Greenville's neighbor, Laurens, has a KKK museum: Redneck Shop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dang. Why cant they revoke that business license?
Because Laurens doesn't want to. You know and talk about this shop more than anyone here. We aren't interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies