U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 07:19 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,459,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
No she wouldn't because most liberal women are ugly, dumpy and intimidated by beautiful women. That's why they love Hilary so much. She is one of them.
Keep it classy, McMurphy.

And you wonder why women don't flock to the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Ah yes. Another Sarah Palin=poor little dead animal post.
Palin's tv interview while turkeys were being slaughtered in the background is less an animal-rights issue (full disclosure -- I'm a meat-eater) than a textbook example of how not to appear on tv. Nobody remembers a word she said, only the visuals.

Any competent politician, or one that actually listened to their staff, would have known better. All she had to do was take a few steps to one side or another and this wouldn't even be a discussion now.

In closing, 'as God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!'

Old 07-18-2014, 07:31 AM

3,216 posts, read 1,851,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Palin's tv interview while turkeys were being slaughtered in the background is less an animal-rights issue (full disclosure -- I'm a meat-eater) than a textbook example of how not to appear on tv. Nobody remembers a word she said, only the visuals.

Any competent politician, or one that actually listened to their staff, would have known better. All she had to do was take a few steps to one side or another and this wouldn't even be a discussion now.

Sorry, I have never seen the actual video. I just assumed it was yet another "she kills poor little animals" poster. Thank you for the info.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:32 AM

20,310 posts, read 19,424,408 times
Quote:

Wild turkeys can fly.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:35 AM

20,310 posts, read 19,424,408 times
If Palin were a democrat it would be the right attacking her stupidity and the left pretending she wasn't that bad. Perfect example. Sheila Jackson Lee. The left either ignores her stupid remarks and flubs or they simply try to push it as she was taken out of context.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If Palin were a democrat it would be the right attacking her stupidity and the left pretending she wasn't that bad. Perfect example. Sheila Jackson Lee. The left either ignores her stupid remarks and flubs or they simply try to push it as she was taken out of context.
Absolutely. Shelia Jackson Lee is an embarrassment and yet never a peep from the left.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:38 AM

It's hard to find a copy of the video that isn't surrounded by someone making jokes about it...but this is the best I could do.

It's a classic -- Sarah Palin Interview While Turkey Slaughtered | Video | Break.com

And then there's this, which I quoted from but not everyone (obviously) remembers, maybe because I'm old. Set-up: A radio station decides to give away free turkeys by tossing them from a helicopter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

Old 07-18-2014, 07:41 AM

24,843 posts, read 32,306,457 times
Quote:

Turkeys can fly....I see it everyday.

Just not to far.

My husband's claim local hunting fame is shooting one in mid-air with a bow and arrow.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Turkey can fly....I see it everyday.

Just not to far.

My husband's claim local hunting fame is shooting one in mid-air with a bow and arrow.
Watch the video. They're talking about farmed turkeys, not wild ones.

You know...this is why people say the Right has no sense of humor...

Old 07-18-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
It's hard to find a copy of the video that isn't surrounded by someone making jokes about it...but this is the best I could do.

It's a classic -- Sarah Palin Interview While Turkey Slaughtered | Video | Break.com

And then there's this, which I quoted from but not everyone (obviously) remembers, maybe because I'm old. Set-up: A radio station decides to give away free turkeys by tossing them from a helicopter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg
I had forgotten all about the WKRP show. I remember watching that! It was hysterical. And the Palin clip, ugh! Whoever advised her to do that was not too bright. Thank you for the laughs!! Btw, you are not old...and neither am I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or