Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 07:52 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
It's hard to find a copy of the video that isn't surrounded by someone making jokes about it...but this is the best I could do.

It's a classic -- Sarah Palin Interview While Turkey Slaughtered | Video | Break.com

And then there's this, which I quoted from but not everyone (obviously) remembers, maybe because I'm old. Set-up: A radio station decides to give away free turkeys by tossing them from a helicopter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg
I saw no turkey killed in the video.

I believe they do slaughter turkeys there.....but, the turkey was still alive when the video ended.

They use the device in the background to put bands on their legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Watch the video. They're talking about farmed turkeys, not wild ones.

You know...this is why people say the Right has no sense of humor...
If no farm turkeys can fly......why the top on their cages???

Old 07-18-2014, 08:02 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,475 times
The cages have tops to keep out predators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I saw no turkey killed in the video.

I believe they do slaughter turkeys there.....but, the turkey was still alive when the video ended.

They use the device in the background to put bands on their legs.
Then why is the guy putting the turkeys in head first? And there seems to be an awful lot of blood around for a 'banding machine'.

Try minute 4:00 on this full version of the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5qR0aff0Kk

Keep digging, Driller. But she's dim.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
The cages have tops to keep out predators.

Then why is the guy putting the turkeys in head first? And there seems to be an awful lot of blood around for a 'banding machine'.

Try minute 4:00 on this full version of the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5qR0aff0Kk

Keep digging, Driller. But she's dim.
I believe they are killing the turkeys....I just said I did not see it in the video.

The interview was about Thanksgiving.....turkeys die.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:06 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Here's what I think:

What do you think?
Coorelation is not causation. Hillary/Pallin isn't popular or unpopular based on their party affiliation. Pallin has a track record of being an idiot, very similar but not as bad as Michelle Bauchman. Conda lisa rice .. for example. . doesn't and she is a republican.

Pallin would be an idiot, regardless of which party she supported -that is my guess

Old 07-18-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Coorelation is not causation. Hillary/Pallin isn't popular or unpopular based on their party affiliation. Pallin has a track record of being an idiot, very similar but not as bad as Michelle Bauchman. Conda lisa rice .. for example. . doesn't and she is a republican.

Pallin would be an idiot, regardless of which party she supported -that is my guess
Yet.....people will talk endlessly about Palin.

That is what is incredible to me.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:11 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I had forgotten all about the WKRP show. I remember watching that! It was hysterical. And the Palin clip, ugh! Whoever advised her to do that was not too bright. Thank you for the laughs!! Btw, you are not old...and neither am I.
Fancy, Did you just enter WKRP on YouTube to bring that clip up? I need more laughs this morning.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:12 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yet.....people will talk endlessly about Palin.

That is what is incredible to me.
Why do you find it incredible? She inserts herself in the media every chance she gets for the express purpose of getting people to talk about her.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why do you find it incredible? She inserts herself in the media every chance she gets for the express purpose of getting people to talk about her.
Because it works.

I like Palin......don't get me wrong.

There are many people in the news I do not like.......and I pay no attention to them.

I never watch The View........you could post 100 links to a story about The View.....I would never look at them.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:42 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
No she wouldn't because most liberal women are ugly, dumpy and intimidated by beautiful women. That's why they love Hilary so much. She is one of them.
How's that outreach going?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies