Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 08:49 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times

Advertisements

I opted out of my 960 a mo premium and a 6000$ deductible and bought a new truck,driveline and carburater for my jeep instead. Am I bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 09:01 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I opted out of my 960 a mo premium and a 6000$ deductible and bought a new truck,driveline and carburater for my jeep instead. Am I bad.
I guess your expecting other people to pay for your care when you land in the hospital and bankrupt on your medical bill. How conservative of you.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:14 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
ObamaCare has become a ruthless job-killer as was widely predicted by those who know better, much to the chagrin of the Obamaphiles who worship him and his intellectually bankrupt administration.

Hope they like this dead-in-the-water economy which is 100% theirs to have to defend this November as well as in 2016 thanks to their incompetence.

The most recent jobs report indisputably confirms what a disaster this 20,000+ page monstrosity continues to be year after year, so so much for any assertion that Democrats are friends of the little guy and minorities in particular; that's total hogwash.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:34 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
I guess your expecting other people to pay for your care when you land in the hospital and bankrupt on your medical bill. How conservative of you.
How naive of you to think an insurance plan under the ACA will avoid bankruptcy due to medical costs.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:07 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
ObamaCare has become a ruthless job-killer as was widely predicted by those who know better, much to the chagrin of the Obamaphiles who worship him and his intellectually bankrupt administration.

Hope they like this dead-in-the-water economy which is 100% theirs to have to defend this November as well as in 2016 thanks to their incompetence.

The most recent jobs report indisputably confirms what a disaster this 20,000+ page monstrosity continues to be year after year, so so much for any assertion that Democrats are friends of the little guy and minorities in particular; that's total hogwash.
We added 288K jobs in June.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:11 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
We added 288K jobs in June.
Care to elaborate on those jobs? How many were full time? How many were manufacturing jobs? How many were service related jobs? Numbers don't always mean a lot.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:19 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Proof Surrogate

Substituting a distracting comment for a real proof.

I guess if you can't argue the points the tactic now is to bleat incessantly.

And 47 Million Americans still don't have "insurance."

What is the cash-surrender value of your policy?

Which part of Obamacare fines or penalizes hospitals engaging in price-fixing?
Which part of Obamacare fines or penalizes hospitals engaging in price-gouging?
Which part of Obamacare fines or penalizes hospitals engaging in over-billing?

To date......not one single Obamacare supporter has even had the guts to address those issues.

In the alternative:

If Obamacare allows hospitals to engage in price-fixing, how does that make healthcare affordable?
If Obamacare allows hospitals to engage in price-gouging, how does that make healthcare affordable?
If Obamacare allows hospitals to engage in over-billing, how does that make healthcare affordable?

Explain how a $55,000 appendectomy that probably only costs $2,890 is affordable?

See the silly Liberals.....see how they run....

Mircea
Where's the right wing plan and legislation?

Exactly. Only offer criticisms, no meaningful solutions from the right or "Free Market".

Old 07-19-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Where's the right wing plan and legislation?

Exactly. Only offer criticisms, no meaningful solutions from the right or "Free Market".
Our free market did work befire the ACA. No one with an emergency could be turned away. Now people who used to have good heath care have high deductible and high copay plans with limited physician panels.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:28 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Our free market did work befire the ACA. No one with an emergency could be turned away. Now people who used to have good heath care have high deductible and high copay plans with limited physician panels.

But now people who had no healthcare because of predetermined issues or whatever....have it now. And the people you say that had good health care really didn't. When you pay little you get little.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

But now people who had no healthcare because of predetermined issues or whatever....have it now. And the people you say that had good health care really didn't. When you pay little you get little.
What good does that do you if you can't find a doctor who will accept your health insurance plan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies